Best AB concert you've ever been to?

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
ElenaSpain
Brand New Start

Best AB concert you've ever been to?

Post by ElenaSpain »

As we don't have gigs going on, I thought it was a great idea to remember past experiences.

(MODS, if you consider deleting it, no prob!)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Best AB concert you've ever been to?

Post by abw1987 »

Oh MAN. That's a tough one.

A couple come to mind:
  • October 5, 2004 - Croc Rock - Allentown, PA - simply because it was my first AB show, and I got the whole band to sign my guitar before the show
  • July 25, 2008 - Croc Rock - Allentown, PA - was a really cool day because I got to interview Mark for my website (marktremonti.net) before the show
  • November 8, 2010 - Heineken Music Hall - Amsterdam, Netherlands - it was so neat to see them play the venue where the DVD had been recorded, and such a larger crowd than we're used to getting when AB play here in the States
  • But the one that sticks out the most is September 18, 2007 - The Underworld - Camden Town, London, England - there were only a couple hundred people at this show, all die-hard fans, so crowd was off the hook. Plus there was no opener so it was PURE ALTER BRIDGE ADRENALINE

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

2nd June 2011, Warsaw, Poland. The only one I've been to btw ;D but it was very special because it was AB's first time in Poland, and they were headlining a festival. There were a lot of random's in the crowd but also a few die-hards like me ;) Myles said that it was a huge surprise to them, since it was their first time in that country. Most beatiful evening in my life
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Josiah

Post by Josiah »

January 8, 2011. In Houston. Best night of my life. Except that the Saints were eliminated from the playoffs that same night. But the concert itself was off the fucking hook.

ElenaSpain
Brand New Start

Post by ElenaSpain »

London 2004 at ULU: First time in London, first AB show for me, first time I met some wonderful friends i met through AB.

Madrid 2005: First AB gig in Spain, I got to interview Mark, not many people (probably no more than 100), I enjoyed so much.Meeting new AB fans and friends after that.

AlterManiac
Brand New Start

Post by AlterManiac »

I discovered AB in May 2011 (one of the best things I have ever done!) so I've only had the chance to go to one AB gig. That was at the MEN Arena on the 24th November 2011. The opening act was Theory of a Deadman. They were great! Really got the crowd going.

Then, it was the turn of BSC, who played their set like they were headlining! Didn't miss a beat! That was also my first time seeing them. I went to see them again in March in Liverpool but that's another story! :P

Now, it was time for Alter Bridge to take the stage... When the lights dimmed and the Slip To The Void intro started to play, my heart was racing! I couldn't contain my excitement! ''Slip to the void... to the dark... to the fall. Crawl to the life you should've known...'' The whole arena singing in unison with Myles sent chills down my spine. It was the best night of my life by far! On the barrier. Right in front of Mark. What could be better?! Can't wait to see what the guys come out with in 2013 and I will be buying a ticket straight away!

Peace, Fellow AB-ers ;) \/ \m/

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

AlterManiac wrote:Now, it was time for Alter Bridge to take the stage... When the lights dimmed and the Slip To The Void intro started to play, my heart was racing! I couldn't contain my excitement! ''Slip to the void... to the dark... to the fall. Crawl to the life you should've known...'' The whole arena singing in unison with Myles sent chills down my spine.
You just sent chills down my spine. I can't wait for them to tour again.

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

I have only seen AB once and that was at the famous Wembley gig last year. It was truly brilliant. I've been going to gigs for a long, long time and this was one of the very best. Those green light thingies at the beginning with Slip to the Void set the scene wonderfully - and for me too it was a real butterflies in the stomach moment when the guitars kicked in. In fact I nearly burst into tears. I enjoyed every single second & feel privileged to have witnessed a gig that meant so much to the band. Can't wait to see them again.

Fletch
Loyal Follower

Post by Fletch »

Wasn't Birmingham O2 Academy in 2010 thats for sure

Fletch
Loyal Follower

Post by Fletch »

Best one for me was London Astoria 06-06-06

QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Post by QwikSand »

Definitely the first one for me in 2005. They played Save Me, Myles said for the fist time ever. They did it because the crowd called for it. I screamed it out and Myles saw me but I don't think he fully heard what I said and then the crowd started chanting SAVE ME SAVE ME and he looked at Mark and shrugged and they talked it over and went into it. Very cool experience.

Benji
Brand New Start

Post by Benji »

Camden 07 was INCREDIBLE. A couple hundred diehards, no barrier infront of the stage, slap bang in front of Myles first row; to give you an idea of how intimate it was, I was so close I touched the headstock of Myles' guitar. That was when BTC and CTL had already been leaked and I remember Myles pointing at us being shocked that a few of us already knew the lyrics.

Nottingham 08 was awesome too. Moment of the night = powercut. As soon as the power went off, after a few seconds, the ENTIRE crowd were singing the high notes from the middle of OYE. Spine chilling shit. Then flip did a drum solo without mics, and Myles and Mark hushed the crowd and were shouting to us, and played an un-mic'ed acoustic version of RT! Unreal.

Honourable mention - Wolverhampton 08. Had such a cool time rocking out with Trish, Margy and co at that gig.

But my favourite - Portsmouth 08. Tequila Rockin'Bird were UNBELIEVABLE. Best opening act for AB ever, hands down. Do yourself a favour and watch Travelling Riverside Blues from that show, best performance they ever did of that.

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

AlterManiac wrote:That was at the MEN Arena on the 24th November 2011.

On the barrier. Right in front of Mark. \m/
I went to that gig, best day of my life! BSC were a sensational support act, and I was in front of Mark, about three from the barrier, so you must've been right in front of me! XD :D :rockon
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

tiesthatbind1387
Brand New Start

Post by tiesthatbind1387 »

The New York show in May 2011 at the best buy theater was a pretty awesome show. But i only have 2 concerts to draw from that show and the Sayreville NJ show in december 2010.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

What a hard question, but I think I'd say Buffalo, NY, 8/31/2011. Side show from Carnival of Madness, just Adelitas Way opening and Alter Bridge, great show and the band seemed to be having a lot of fun, energetic crowd, band came out after the show to sign stuff for people and chat with fans.

Slip to the Void
[youtube]http://youtu.be/ur5dJMHd9a4[/youtube]
Myles calling the crowd "Craaazy"
[youtube]http://youtu.be/tqAZe6j0-ng[/youtube]
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

9/17/11 Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Carnival of Madness.

Best hour of my concert going life. I was left wondering how flat the other CoM crowds were because (we were particularly loud and rowdy) Myles stated how they needed a crowd like us so badly on the tour. Standard set, but I sang until my voice nearly went. The venue was particularly loud. My ears rang for a good day afterwards.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

January 26th 2008
London Astoria

Me, Dan, Margy, Bob, Greg etc etc.. All the major UK diehards decided to go up on the balcony to enjoy the show and it was so worth it. The band spent so much time singing and waving to us, i love some band interaction during a show.
It was the best they've ever played, to me. Fresh on the Blackbird tour, no obstacles.. Just Alter Bridge on top form. And we got One By One too!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yjJWBfYwSLE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/IvZcudu6SpA[/youtube]

ElGuappe
Brand New Start

Post by ElGuappe »

Best ever was Orlando Social first of BB tour. Also the LOUDEST experience I have had to this day. Other shows were earthday birthday in Otown, and 99livex here in ft myers FL

Mel-C
Bought The CDs

Post by Mel-C »

2004-Oct. Boston, Ma. at The Avalon, same night the Red Sox won the World Series and broke the curse!! Johnny Damon and friends met up with AB as they were playing in the club and joined them on stage! A night that will live on forever.
Mel-C =)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And now they don't do those songs... :(

Post by zazthespaz »

My first AB concert (out of 3) October 11th I think in 2007. I was blown away by how "album quality" they sounded and Myles played Hallelujah and TRB. Loved it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says