Myles - Cleveland, OH - November 19, 2018

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Myles - Cleveland, OH - November 19, 2018

Post by sugarandcyanide »

I managed to get a 3rd row spot just left of center in the GA pit (Myles' right). Nice and close, but, I was stuck behind a tall dude and his girlfriend stuck her phone up all the time. #shortpeopleproblems

The opener, Walking Papers, was good, but, I got bored and restless, waiting for Myles.

Myles was incredible tonight. He sounded great, 100%, firing on all cylinders. Seemed in high spirits and had a blast, as did we all. Zia and Tim were cool to watch, as well. I enjoyed "The Great Beyond" (those high notes...whew, boy. Get it, Myles!) and "Turning Stones" more live than the album versions. Really enjoyed the arrangement for TS. "Ghost of Shangri La" was amazing, one of my top YOTT tracks. Loved seeing/hearing that live. "Addicted to Pain" acoustic and the way Myles just strummed and didn't get fancy was cool. The song really got to breathe.

"Blind Faith," my personal highlight and my favorite on YOTT. Beyond ecstatic that it was in tonight's set and I got to hear it live. Hearing Myles sing I know you're steadfast in your ways/Never compromise your faith/But is it worth it in the end/To never see my face again - lump in my throat.

The Iron Maiden cover was cool. A guy in the second row yelled out that Myles inspired him to play guitar and that "Watch Over You" was the first song he learned. Myles tried to play "Eruption," but, it didn't sound right in that tuning. The Mayfield Four song with Zia was cool - they talked about growing up together and how Myles was the drum major of the marching band in high school and how he changed his hair because parents called him a hippie, then, he had a combo of a perm and a mullet because his mom tried to give his flat hair some body. lol "Songbird," nice. "Watch Over You," didn't disappoint. He made a funny when his guitar wasn't plugged in: "I guess it would help if I plugged in all the way...that's what she said." :lol :lol "Travelling Riverside Blues," His take on "World on Fire" was interesting, different, and fun. The title track, groovy.

His encore of "Going Down" by Freddie King was awesome. "Love Can Only Heal" was a lovely and fitting finish.

So glad I didn't pass on this show/tour and that there was a Cleveland date. So good.

My iPhone is old, so, my pics are crap, and I got one video. My phone froze when I recorded GoSL and I lost it. :(
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

jailman
Bought The CDs

Re: Myles - Cleveland, OH - November 19, 2018

Post by jailman »

great review.

but hang on, who the hell are Zia and Tim?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Zia Uddin - drummer for The Mayfield Four and did drums for Year of the Tiger

Tim Tournier - bassist for a band (Man The Mighty they are called I believe) that occasionally opens for Tremonti. Also did bass for Year of the Tiger and is AB, Tremonti, and Myles' manager.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

thats a lot of hats.

A manager is playing bass? What kind of manager is that? He's not supposed to be doing the dirty work.

Cool that a Mayfield 4 member is in it though.