Worcester Palladium - 10/03/2019

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Schulzy
White Knuckled

Worcester Palladium - 10/03/2019

Post by Schulzy »

Here in line for my 11th AB show (edited because it was not my 12th). It's been 5 years! Hard to believe. Hoping that Myles' voice is back after being sick.
Last edited by Schulzy on Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Re: Worcester Palladium - 10/03/2019

Post by Schulzy »

Quick review with more to follow. Alter Bridge was fantastic as usual. Myles' voice was back! Sound at the Palladium was excellent. They played three new songs - Wouldn't You Rather, Take The Crown, and Pay No Mind. No songs off of TLH. Fortress, Blackbird, and ODR - COA, ATP, WR, CTL, Blackbird, RT, Metalingus, OYE, and Isolation.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

I got to the venue around 5:30pm. They let us in a little early because it started to rain. Dirty Honey went on promptly at 7pm and Skillet played from about 8-9pm. They definitely bring a high level of energy and continue to be one of my favorite bands though I'm not as crazy about their two recent albums as I was Comatose-Rise. I ended up with a setlist.

Alter Bridge took the stage at 9:30. I was impressed by how minimal their rigs are now vs. previous times I've seen them. I feel like they really don't need all the visual pieces with the screens and lasers behind them as it creates more of a distraction for me. The sound was crisp and Myles' voice soared in all the right places. I will never get tired of that in your chest rumble every time Mark hits a chord that is underscored by Brian's bass. The guys all looked like they were having a good time with plenty of smiles and crowd acknowledgements. Myles talked a decent amount giving intros to Take The Crown and a brief memorial to "Joe" before playing Blackbird. A short setlist than usual but quality nonetheless. I took a look at the merch table but didn't like any of the shirts better than the one I ordered from Napalm with the WTS Earbook. Overall I was really impressed with the sound and my ears didn't ring at all when I left. Thank you AB for another great memory!

My videos for Take The Crown and Pay No Mind are up on YouTube. I'm lazy and can't remember how to embed them here.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear Myles was back to fill strength.

Good point about their rig – I noticed that in Philly but failed to mention it in my review. Especially compared to Mark's old double Fender Twin, double 4×12, double 2×15 setup, his current rig appears pretty minimal. Maybe the guys have gotten over their "more cabs = more awesome" appearances phase. I also agree about the stage production. I'm certainly not bothered by the screens, etc., but they are more of a distraction to me than anything else.

FYI – here are the instructions for embedding YouTube videos: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=204

:cheers

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Thanks Alex. I remember meeting you at one of the first shows many years ago - maybe Toad's Place in New Haven - 2010. How time flies!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ahh no way! I do remember that show. It was really cool out and the place is a classic sardine bar.