Tremonti - The Social, Orlando, FL - 2012-07-17

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
abw1987
Blood Machines

Tremonti - The Social, Orlando, FL - 2012-07-17

Post by abw1987 »

Hey all! Just returned from the first official Tremonti show. The set list is below. More thoughts to follow.

1. Wish You Well
2. All I Was
3. You Waste Your Time
4. Giving Up
5. Leave It Alone
6. Proof
7. So You're Afraid
8. Doesn't Mater
9. The Things I've Seen
10. Decay
-- Encore (which they skipped) --
11. New Way Out
12. Brains

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Tremonti - The Social, Orlando, FL - 2012-07-17

Post by abw1987 »

Alright so I'm not going to give a full review yet as I've got to get some sleep before my very early flight tomorrow morning followed by a full day of work.

I can't really comment on the overall sound since I was right in front of Brian's amps (a first for me), so the mix I heard was completely inaccurate. I think Mark's ability to stay on pitch was much improved from the practice show, but then again, pitch problems are not nearly as apparent when you're there in person. Either way I thought he sounded great.

The songs translate surprisingly well in a live setting. The melodies are strong, the instrumental work isn't overly muddy or anything, and there's great musicianship to watch and enjoy. The heavy nature of the material lends itself very well to rocking out :rockon

Of course there were a couple minor hiccups, but overall it was much smoother than the practice show. It was really nothing major: Mark announced the wrong song once; Garrett's click track wouldn't start so they had to stop a song only a few measures in; and Brian accidentally knocked his cable out of his tuner pedal, which he quickly corrected in a matter of seconds. So yeah, nothing truly embarrassing. A couple more shows and everything should be totally smooth.

Mark also did a bit better job of talking to the crowd than at the practice show. He mostly stuck to introducing the songs, but also made comments about the sweltering heat in the venue, the folks who had traveled to the show from afar, and the fact that doing an encore would be silly since they'd have nowhere to hang out in the meantime. Of course there's still improvement to be made there, but he seemed to be taking it a bit more casually, which helped reduce any awkwardness. Also, Erock stepped up to the mic a few times to help fill the silence.

One thing they'll need to work out is how to start songs better. At the beginning of each song, Garrett needed a couple seconds for his click track machine to start, and for him to get into the beat. I'm not sure what the solution is. Maybe Mark needs to talk to the audience during that time, or maybe Garrett needs to start the machine earlier. It's not a huge deal, but the initial silence can be a bit awkward.

Overall I enjoyed it and I was very grateful to be a part of such a historic event. I really hope the band can schedule a tour this fall as Mark has mentioned a couple times. These songs are too good to just sit on an album doing nothing.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Nice man! I'll have to write something up later. Had a long day yesterday. Flight was delayed 2 hours and didn't get home until 9:30pm my time, 12:30am eastern. Got a doctor appointment now. I'll try and review later today.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Yeah? Well i watched the live stream.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I did too, Jim! Did you see me? I was that one dude rockin out.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Mel-C
Bought The CDs

Post by Mel-C »

Jim wrote:Yeah? Well i watched the live stream.

Me too!! Was AWESOME!! =) :headbang :mtrocks :bow Loving the vibe from them all!! Can not wait for the tour!! :D
Mel-C =)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i'd love to see them again, now that i've had time to listen to the songs and learn them. :lol only downside to a record release show.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'd love to see these songs played live, but if they only tour it this fall I fear I won't get to see it. College constricts my traveling abilities like a python lol. I'd make every attempt to go if they're touring with Projected though cause I'll have one of their VIP passes by then.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.