11-18-22 - Palacio Vistalegre, Madrid, Spain

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
maximzub
On The Rail

11-18-22 - Palacio Vistalegre, Madrid, Spain

Post by maximzub »

11th show of the tour. Is Stay finally coming? On the Walk The Sky tour, they debuted Forever Falling at the 11th show.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: 11-18-22 - Palacio Vistalegre, Madrid, Spain

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:26 pm 11th show of the tour. Is Stay finally coming? On the Walk The Sky tour, they debuted Forever Falling at the 11th show.
Maybe Stay will be consigned to Alter Bridge purgatory to hang around with Tear Us Apart and a few others :D

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:58 pm
maximzub wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:26 pm 11th show of the tour. Is Stay finally coming? On the Walk The Sky tour, they debuted Forever Falling at the 11th show.
Maybe Stay will be consigned to Alter Bridge purgatory to hang around with Tear Us Apart and a few others :D
Nah, that's gonna be Season Of Promise (aka Tear Us Apart 2.0).
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

No new songs. They're still keeping Wouldn't You Rather and In Loving Memory. They dropped This Is War and brought back Sin After Sin. They also dropped Slip To The Void and replaced it with Ghost Of Days Gone By. This is as boring as it gets.

Interestingly enough, Rise Today is the main set closer again. This makes me feel like it might switch to be the show closer soon and Open Your Eyes might become the new main set closer. Why I think this is because the exact same thing happened at the beginning of the Fortress and The Last Hero tours.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

https://youtu.be/c3KWw-8zQmg

Someone filmed the whole Madrid show. To be fair, set list quibbles aside, it seems like it was a good time. Some things I noticed...

Silver Tongue - Guitar malfunction right at the beginning for Mark. Nice cheers when he's able to start playing.
Addicted to Pain - Crowd singing along to the chorus is cool stuff.
Warm reception after the first two songs, and for the intro to...
Before Tomorrow Comes - Myles has fun playing this one. Crowd sings along throughout.
Broken Wings - Again, warm reception as Mark plays the intro. Another song that the crowd participate in nicely.
Wouldn't You Rather - Little less enthusiasm for this song as far as I can tell. Well performed though.
Isolation - Crowd are back involved again on the chorus. Mark's vocals sound great during the bridge.
Cool singing "Ole, ole, ole" from the fans after Isolation. The band play along with it. Myles jokingly calls the new album "Prawns and Wings".
Sin After Sin - Mark's vocal parts still don't have much oomph. Did he not like how he did it in the studio? (lol). Hard to know how much this song landed, but there is applause at the end.
Waters Rising - Mark and Myles sound great on "Don't let me drown". Again, well performed stuff.
Just noticed the guys haven't had the screens behind them with the images of various thingymajigs.
Pawns and Kings - It's only subtle but you can actually hear some folks sing the "Woah-oh" part after "We'll never let them tear this land apart". I got a kick out of that. Very appreciative cheering at the end. Feel like this song ain't leaving AB setlists for many a year.
More "Ole, ole, ole". Myles dances a little. The guys seem to be enjoying things.
Metalingus - Not a surprise that the audience response is very vocal for this one. Myles puts an arm around Brian at one point, and then jokes about his knees when he asks everyone to get low. The proceeding jump routine is glorious (lol).
In Loving Memory - If Myles lost his voice, I think the crowd would have been fine to take over for this one.
Blackbird - Well, this song never gets old.
Cry of Achilles - Starts almost as soon as Blackbird is over. Fair play, the guys keep things moving.
Rise Today - Rise Today does it's Rise Today thing.
Just realised that Myles has been centre stage all night. When did he drop the side of the stage positioning?
Ghost of Days Gone By - It's encore time. Feel like this song should be earlier in the set. Still goes over well though.
Open Your Eyes - And to wrap things up, Open Your Eyes does it's Open Your Eyes thing (lol). The crowd enjoys the sing along sections.
Fin. It's a wrap. The end.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Nice to see Myles getting into a bit more. I guess he just needed to build back up after such a long break.