The Movie Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Ubik »

Awful title. Just a big fat cheesemonster. Also seemingly drops the facade of it being a Man of Steel sequel, given that Batman is the first name. They're rushing into the Justice League a bit, didn't want to be patient like Marvel were.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

I guess Man Of Steel: World's Finest wasn't available...

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Electricladyland wrote:I guess Man Of Steel: World's Finest wasn't available...
Not many people would understand that title.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Headed out with a couple of friends for a midnight showing of X Men.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

recently i've watched:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Very very good superhero movie, Couldn't get out of my head the entire movie though how Chris Evans looks like a young Nicholas Cage, it made me so angry, great ending though, the character of The Winter Soldier himself was cool as fuck, i liked it, i can understand all of the hype about it

Godzilla - ABSOLUTELY FUCKING, BADASS. I loved it, i dont get why so many people are let down by it, i'd say if you're a fan of King Kong or any of the transformer movies this is heaven for you, i loved it.

47 Ronin- Rick Genest's part was completely overhyped considering he was in it for 30 seconds with only 1 line and somehow made it into the trailer AND the movie poster? anyway, good movie, keaneu reeves was pretty good, i like the origin of the movie, ancient japanese stuff is cool, especially samurai's/shogun warriors etc etc..

Pompeii - Ending was a bit of a let down, none-the-less a great movie, Kit Harrington is quite Jon Snow, would recommend

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Just saw Godzilla today, and Tom, you're right, it was fucking BADASS. The story was interesting, the acting was good, and the graphics and fight scenes were unbelievable. I was very pleasently surprised, and watching it made me want to see a modern-day King Kong vs. Godzilla, I think someone could knock that out of the park
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

You had me until Transformer movies. I know alot fo people have high hopes for the new one. But lets face it, It's Michael Bay. The guy cares too much about explosions and cool visuals than to tell a story that is actually compelling and worth a shit.

He and Joel Shitmaker need to get out of Hollyweird.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:Just saw Godzilla today, and Tom, you're right, it was fucking BADASS. The story was interesting, the acting was good, and the graphics and fight scenes were unbelievable. I was very pleasently surprised, and watching it made me want to see a modern-day King Kong vs. Godzilla, I think someone could knock that out of the park
This made me excited for the fact i'm going to see Godzilla tonight. I can't wait!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Just saw Godzilla today, and Tom, you're right, it was fucking BADASS. The story was interesting, the acting was good, and the graphics and fight scenes were unbelievable. I was very pleasently surprised, and watching it made me want to see a modern-day King Kong vs. Godzilla, I think someone could knock that out of the park
This made me excited for the fact i'm going to see Godzilla tonight. I can't wait!
Awesome! Enjoy man :cheers Hopefully I didnt overhype it for you and you aren't disappointed by it. Let me know what you think tomorrow :D
Rock Never Dies

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Awesome! Enjoy man :cheers Hopefully I didnt overhype it for you and you aren't disappointed by it. Let me know what you think tomorrow :D
Thanks, AHart! I will try to enjoy it seeing as how I was a HUMUNGOUS Godzilla fan when I was a kid! Don't worry, you didn't overhype me as I have high expectations already! Hello, Bryan Cranston, anyone? Sure, thing, AHart. Might even be able to tell you later on tonight anyways.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I liked Godzilla too but without spoiling anything, try not to get too hyped about Cranston's part in it. He does well but he's not the main character the trailers imply he is. He has a smaller role.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Nick wrote:I liked Godzilla too but without spoiling anything, try not to get too hyped about Cranston's part in it. He does well but he's not the main character the trailers imply he is. He has a smaller role.
:yeahthat
Rock Never Dies

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:
Nick wrote:I liked Godzilla too but without spoiling anything, try not to get too hyped about Cranston's part in it. He does well but he's not the main character the trailers imply he is. He has a smaller role.
:yeahthat
That doesn't matter to me, though, because he's still Bryan fucking Cranston.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
SEMI-SPOILERY OPINIONS BELOW

Well AHart, I can honestly say I was disappointed. I guess I expected them to show Godzilla more often than and waaaay sooner they actually did and it didn't help the fact they spent the entire movie building up for a fight between Godzilla and the two creatures only for it to last 10 minutes.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Kinda really wanna see A Million Ways To Die In The West

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Seeing that one tonight, I heard someone say it was better than Ted!

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I've only heard bad things about it but Seth MacFarlane's humor doesn't appeal to everyone, so who knows.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

His sense of humor is right up my alley, so I'm only hoping for good things.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Skip it. "A Million Ways to Die in the West" is a horrendous piece of shit. I guess if you laugh at things like Neil Patrick Harris shitting in a hat, a sheep pissing on Seth MacFarlane's face, or Charlize Theron sticking a flower in Liam Neeson's butt crack, then more power to you. But there's an insultingly empty story and not one character I felt any sort of connection to. I hated this movie.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Advice taken, AlterSteve. Thanks.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die