The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I've only been a fan for 10 years, it's about time I had the money and ability to go!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Great job, Kev! Hope you made it to AB on Sunday.

My FB feed is overflowing with friends flying all over the country/world to see the band on their current tour. I'm trying not to appear bitter about it. :( ;)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: Don't close your eyes, something beautiful is still alive.

Post by Lotha »

Andy92 wrote:Some of you might remember how our very own Lotha has been working hard on her first big novel. I've been lucky enough to get a glimpse of her work through an early draft, and I've gotta say...she has an amazing skill set for this. She's gonna give the Tolkiens and Jordans of the world a run for their money one of these days. :D
Awwwwwww Andyyyyyyy!
zazthespaz wrote:Someone is upset I beat them to the valentine day punch.
There's enough of me to go around, you already did more than my bf for Valentine's. :lol
Though it's tough beating Andy!
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote:Great job, Kev! Hope you made it to AB on Sunday.
I couldn't sadly, had to help my family move to Orange County. I can hope they play Anaheim in the later half of 2017.

Anyway, my first day of work is done. I think I kept myself productive and I had good co-workers to work with and help me get accustomed to the setting. I look forward to what's to come in the upcoming weeks at the new job.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Lotha is mine....back off :yes
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Micky wrote:Lotha is mine....back off :yes
Hey! Don't talk about your mother that way! That's disgusting!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA omg

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Not sure this helps...

Post by gbruin »

It's too quiet in here lately.

WWAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHHGHAHGHHAGHAGHAGHAHGHGAHGHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Making a big life change in the next couple weeks: I'm leaving my job, and I'm moving out of Seattle. Lived here for 19 years, but I'm long overdue for a change in scenery. I don't know where I'm moving to next, but a simple road trip in the coming weeks may answer that question.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Making a big life change in the next couple weeks: I'm leaving my job, and I'm moving out of Seattle. Lived here for 19 years, but I'm long overdue for a change in scenery. I don't know where I'm moving to next, but a simple road trip in the coming weeks may answer that question.
Come to Canada, Duane!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:Making a big life change in the next couple weeks: I'm leaving my job, and I'm moving out of Seattle. Lived here for 19 years, but I'm long overdue for a change in scenery. I don't know where I'm moving to next, but a simple road trip in the coming weeks may answer that question.
Come to Canada, Duane!
Lol.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Awesome, Duane. Good luck with the soul searching!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Do it when you can!

Post by gbruin »

You're moving in a couple weeks but you don't know where?

Bold.

Seriously. Respect. Looking forward to hearing about it!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'll obviously do research and figure it out before I do, but my goal is to be out by April 1st. Whether or not that is with a job is entirely up in the air.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know, I was on the verge of not figuring out how to get a job (some of the posts here in the last couple of months really reflect that) and my family was moving to the OC and I was just hoping to get a job by the time we get settled in. Thankfully, I applied for a temp agency (thinking what the hey?). Also thankfully, they called back and I finally a decent starter job which was better than the alternative of delivering medicine at the hours of 7PM-12AM. So AB4Lyfe, the thing I can say is keep searching, the right window of opportunity that suits you best will eventually show up and you got to make the most of it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I'll obviously do research and figure it out before I do, but my goal is to be out by April 1st. Whether or not that is with a job is entirely up in the air.
Cool coincidence. I moved to Antwerp on April 1st 3 years ago with basically no plan besides playing music, and it was the best decision I ever made.

On an unrelated note, I went to see The xx last night. They were pretty spectacular.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I'm movinggggggg, STILL! It's been 3 days and we're still getting stuff for the apartment because our "amazing" landlord couldn't arse himself to invest more than 200 euros in the furniture. "It's all gonna be new," he said. Yeah awesome thanks no thanks. Old stuff, just re-lacquered and re-assembled. I kinda wish we never moved at this point.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Landlord always put money before their tenants. I have yet to find a honest landlord. Last month I had to pay 150 euros for something that was already broken before I moved in. All my neighbors agreed my landlord should've paid for, but there technically wasn't any proof that it was already broken before I moved in (it was so utterly small that I missed it when I moved in until now) so he refused to pay for it. Before moving in I had to pay a warranty of 800 euros and I'm 100% sure I'll never see that money again.

In cases like this they know we can't allow to make a big deal out of it because we can't afford to go to court or lose the place.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I know, it's so frustrating. It's not a big apartment, but you need to know how to utilize the space that you have. Nooo he puts two fucking cabinets in the kitchen on the shortest kitchen wall and calls it quits. He sticks in two oversized crap sofas. In our room there's literally only room for that sofa-bed and computers. And the room isn't that small.
And let's not talk about how many dumps I've seen that people rent for 120e when they're not even worth 50.
As it stands we spent a bunch of money for something that I'm not sure if it's gonna pay off. And I lost one week of work. So grumpy right now.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Playing my first gig in 5 weeks... Sort of. A lady from church is throwing a bridal shower for a cool couple, and wants me and my wife to play/sing a couple of sappy tunes.

Officially been playing for 2 years, about time I play for something besides four walls.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23