You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by The Dissident »

Roles have been made with and without Sheakenbacon. I will be PMing them out later. We will be jumping straight into day 1 which will last 48 hours. Night 0 I realized would be a waste based on the roles in this game I mixed up this with another game I ran that needed a night 0.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Day one has begun, only players may post in this thread!

Day 1 ends Saturday June 27th at 10pm Pacific. 5 votes needed to eliminate a player.
PMs coming out now with your roles and QT's. Also to give you all some information:

There is a 3 player mafia.
No third party (Theon and Night King... and therefore Jon snow) are not in the game

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Just throwing it out there.

Post by Inconquerable »

Hello, everyone! It's exciting to be playing again. Seeing as we have set times for each phase, let's start with a question.

We know that there a nine players playing. Three are mafia, six are townies (maybe all with special roles?). There are more than 20 potential roles in the game. Hypothetically, how would everybody feel about a mass role-claim? NOTE I'm not saying that we should do that right now, in fact please DO NOT reveal your role right now, but how would you all feel if we came to the conclusion that we should do that?

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

All roles are power roles there are no vanilla townies or vanilla mafia.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There a 1/10 chance everybody picks a unique good role and it would be of no use. Or a 1/100 chance. Andy, can you help us with the math?

Joking aside, it could be useful later in the game. When you do it too early, you give too much information to the Lannisters. At least, that's how I feel right now.

The amount of roles and actions are massive this game. It's going to be an interesting one :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Okay everyone dig into that first post and let's learn how to play this

Edit: I totally posted that before reading everyone's replies.

Not sure how that would work Inc. As in not sure how it would really help. Chaos benefits mafia and I think a mass role claim would be pretty chaotic. :D We'd have no way to deduce who's saying the truth and who isn't because there's so many roles, at least not until investigative roles have had a chance to dig a bit.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: If Andy isn't Tyrion, I am going to be super disappointed.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ned Stark is twice the man any of you could hope to be.
Inconquerable wrote:Hello, everyone! It's exciting to be playing again. Seeing as we have set times for each phase, let's start with a question.

We know that there a nine players playing. Three are mafia, six are townies (maybe all with special roles?). There are more than 20 potential roles in the game. Hypothetically, how would everybody feel about a mass role-claim? NOTE I'm not saying that we should do that right now, in fact please DO NOT reveal your role right now, but how would you all feel if we came to the conclusion that we should do that?
What's your favorite dessert?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Everyone get in here!

Post by Inconquerable »

zazthespaz wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Hello, everyone! It's exciting to be playing again. Seeing as we have set times for each phase, let's start with a question.

You get no BROWNIE points from me for this answer. =)

But pie. Or sticky toffee pudding.

I'm hoping more people start posting, we don't have the luxury of slowly figuring this out. I also want to see more answers to my initial question.

@Dissident am I right to assume that deadline votes aren't permanent? I imagine they can change. Can immediate votes change?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Just playing off of Inc’s idea, I vote that the mafia tell us who they are. It will work I promise.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: brb, gonna buy a bunch of rabbit feet.

Post by zazthespaz »

Inconquerable wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:

You get no BROWNIE points from me for this answer. =)

But pie. Or sticky toffee pudding.

I'm hoping more people start posting, we don't have the luxury of slowly figuring this out. I also want to see more answers to my initial question.
Pie is too generic of an answer. I think you're trying to appeal to too many people at once by being so vague. Very sus.

I don't see the benefit of role claiming since it will be very hard to verify the claim. Roles aren't revealed upon death, so we have to rely on investigators (if there are any) and have faith in them to be good leaders (which will also be unverifiable). I think this game is going to come down to gut feelings of a person and finger crossing.

@Dissident - will we know when a mafia is killed?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Ooh, I was hoping that there would have been a simplified version of the rules added now that we know how many people are playing. Good news is that I understand there are three bad guys.

After last game, mass role-claiming sounds terrible to me :lol I’m still trying to recover :p

Let’s start with this: who has Andy texted so far? Hahaha just kidding. (Kind of.)

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

1. I ran out of room writing role summaries on my white board
2. I think I glazed over something because I can’t tell if jail is good or bad. Does jail just render a role inactive for that phase?
Edit: 3. Is Jaquen in this game?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I’m confused easily
Thanks Andy!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: Everyone get in here!

Post by The Dissident »

Inconquerable wrote:
@Dissident am I right to assume that deadline votes aren't permanent? I imagine they can change. Can immediate votes change?
Immediate votes and deadline votes can change. However if enough immediate votes are cast the phase will end and said person will be lost. Basically deadline votes are the way to go. :)
zazthespaz wrote:
@Dissident - will we know when a mafia is killed?
If a townie is killed I will say someone was INNOCENT. If a mafia is killed then it will read GUITLY

In regards to Jaqen, he could be in the game.

Also technically all outside of thread and qt communication isn't allowed. Not that I can stop you but it adds to the mystery!

JAIL: Jailing basically prevents someone from being targetted and also prevents them from using any powers or communicating with their allies during the night phase.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

zazisaspaz wrote:1. I ran out of room writing role summaries on my white board
2. I think I glazed over something because I can’t tell if jail is good or bad. Does jail just render a role inactive for that phase?
Edit: 3. Is Jaquen in this game?
Yup so if you're jailed, anyone else's actions on you won't work, but you wouldn't be able to use your role either.

The only roles guaranteed to be playing are Varys and Sansa, I believe.

I would be excited at the prospect of enacting a scheme en masse, but I think that the mafia would be able to take advantage. They'd be fishing to choose 3 of the 11 potentially remaining townie roles, and would also know not to choose Varys or Sansa. And I feel like there'd be townies not wanting to say their true role either.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

So Sansa and Varys are the two roles we’re certain to be in the game. Am I understanding correctly that we don’t know for certain if Jon Snow and the Night King are in the game, but we do know if one of them is in then they both have to be?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I think neither of them are in the game?
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That's my understanding as well. Funny that Ghost could be in the game, but Jon Snow not.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

The Dissident wrote: There is a 3 player mafia.
No third party (Theon and Night King... and therefore Jon snow) are not in the game
Come on, Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Blueberry pie, Gus! God!

Post by Inconquerable »

The Dissident wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
Immediate votes and deadline votes can change. However if enough immediate votes are cast the phase will end and said person will be lost. Basically deadline votes are the way to go. :)
Ok thank you! In this spirit, going to go with something to see how it shakes out.

DEADLINE VOTE: Micky.

Following a thought based on previous games, this should be an easy way to get a read. We've got limited time and I want to see some reactions.