You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Ubik »

Timotheus wrote:Well, this sucks. But at least I'll get some answers to some questions I've had for more than half of the game.

I'm the doctor. The reason why I was so confused with zaz is because I thought he was The Hound and he was trying to trick the mafia into killing him, hence killing them.

The further the game got, the more I struggled with the following two options:

1. zaz being mafia and trying to out the doc this way.
2. zaz being The Hound, and I didn't want to ruin his trap for the mafia.

I started to lean towards him being mafia, after he basically gave up, and never claimed he actually was the Hound.

Micky claiming he copped me is a lazy man's tactic. Reason didn't work? Sure, let's claim cop. Nice move though. Outing the doc and the cop on day two.

Micky's mafia. Zaz's reply will make things clear on whether he's mafia or the Hound.

I want to give a longer response, but you'll have to wait till I get off work, because I start in a few minutes. I'd say, ask me your questions, and I'll try to respond to them in detail in a few hours.
FFS Timo, I was expecting you to counterclaim on cop, this is so far out of left field that I am literally at a loss. I've read back through your posts and there's basically no hint that he's done something weird, and you say he outed himself on a couple of occasions. I suppose Lotha did that as well and I was willing to be believe it was her, but yours seemed more genuine. And why would you jump to him being the Hound, rather than the far more obvious conclusion that he's mafia trying to out you? I mean anything's possible in mafia, but why not at least have him as a major suspect rather than just "meh" as you did?

It might just be my lack of sleep but this all feels way too convenient. I'll wait and see what zaz says and whether anyone else claims cop, but not buying this at all right now.

I'd be tempted into a deadline vote here but I just want to bring something up fairly unrelated to everything else - people are throwing deadline votes around seemingly as a way to provoke people into reacting, because it feels risk free until we get to the deadline. Just want to point out one of the mafia roles:
Tywin Lannister - Once per game Tywin may cause all deadline votes for the following day phase to become lynch votes. This action will not cause town to be notified.
If Tywin is in the game he could have done this last night and we could accidentally kill someone immediately based on deadline votes. I doubt it would've been used so soon, but people should probably be aware of it.

We should also be aware of Joffrey, who would want to tempt people into visiting one player overnight to take multiple people out at once, and Littlefinger, who could make the town overconfident of their numbers. We should be able to get an idea if Littlefinger is playing from the vote tally though I'm actually not sure how this would appear to us - would the player be told they couldn't vote, or would it just be removed at the end of the day? Anyway main point - careful with deadline votes, particularly in future rounds.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ubik wrote:FFS Timo, I was expecting you to counterclaim on cop, this is so far out of left field that I am literally at a loss. I've read back through your posts and there's basically no hint that he's done something weird, and you say he outed himself on a couple of occasions. I suppose Lotha did that as well and I was willing to be believe it was her, but yours seemed more genuine. And why would you jump to him being the Hound, rather than the far more obvious conclusion that he's mafia trying to out you? I mean anything's possible in mafia, but why not at least have him as a major suspect rather than just "meh" as you did?
On page ten I posted this: "That entire situation is weird, and I feel like there's more to it.". This is not me making this up right now.

Why The Hound? Because zaz made a ridiculous move on day one, which absolutely didn't make sense to me. Even for a mafia, claiming doc on day one is extremely bold. The idea that zaz was trying to lure the mafia, made a lot more sense to me.
I put him at the bottom of my list. I'm not sure how much more 'major suspect' you want. I was willing to vote him out. But there was always the possibility in my head that he was a townie.
Ubik wrote: It might just be my lack of sleep but this all feels way too convenient. I'll wait and see what zaz says and whether anyone else claims cop, but not buying this at all right now.
I don't see how this is "convenient". Shouting 'COP' would've been way more convenient for me, if I'd been a mafia. It would've been Micky's word against mine. Now there are many more factors, plus the fact that it sounds less believable, I guess.

Read my posts again, especially my comments on zaz. They'll all make sense with everything I've said above. Because it's true. Then read Micky's posts...

I agree what you said about the Lannister Roles. But I'm certain of my deadline vote.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Better settle your debts, Timo.

Post by zazthespaz »

Hey look at that, I claimed the same role as the first guy we have a lead on! What are the odds?! Timo, who’d you try saving night 1?

In the meantime, I’m gonna switch my
Deadline Vote: Timotheus
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Do strikethroughs work in subjects?

Post by Inconquerable »

So... many... things I want to do. Ok going to keep it simple so as not to flood the thread.

1. TIMO, who did you protect in night one and why? And could you do me a favour and take your reads from the last page and order them in their appropriate tiers? I knew you said it was basically in order, I just want to see it laid out plainly if possible.

2. MICKY, what specifically made you search Timo in night one? Could you also post a ranked/tiered reads list for us?

3. CAM, at some point we need to have a chat about the next night phase. I'll probably remember but can you please remind me? Could you also do a reads list? Just an ordered list of names would be great.

4. I'd also like it if CAM and ANDY could temporarily un-vote so we don't get too close to ending the day before we need to. Ubik's concern about Tywin is certainly valid.

I could/want to ask more since we only have a set amount of time in which to figure this out, but I don't want to overload the thread. That said... haha, I need to respond to some things. But let's start here.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Ok for real. Out.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:FFS Timo, I was expecting you to counterclaim on cop, this is so far out of left field that I am literally at a loss. I've read back through your posts and there's basically no hint that he's done something weird, and you say he outed himself on a couple of occasions. I suppose Lotha did that as well and I was willing to be believe it was her, but yours seemed more genuine. And why would you jump to him being the Hound, rather than the far more obvious conclusion that he's mafia trying to out you? I mean anything's possible in mafia, but why not at least have him as a major suspect rather than just "meh" as you did?

It might just be my lack of sleep but this all feels way too convenient. I'll wait and see what zaz says and whether anyone else claims cop, but not buying this at all right now.

I'd be tempted into a deadline vote here but I just want to bring something up fairly unrelated to everything else - people are throwing deadline votes around seemingly as a way to provoke people into reacting, because it feels risk free until we get to the deadline. Just want to point out one of the mafia roles:
Tywin Lannister - Once per game Tywin may cause all deadline votes for the following day phase to become lynch votes. This action will not cause town to be notified.
If Tywin is in the game he could have done this last night and we could accidentally kill someone immediately based on deadline votes. I doubt it would've been used so soon, but people should probably be aware of it.

We should also be aware of Joffrey, who would want to tempt people into visiting one player overnight to take multiple people out at once, and Littlefinger, who could make the town overconfident of their numbers. We should be able to get an idea if Littlefinger is playing from the vote tally though I'm actually not sure how this would appear to us - would the player be told they couldn't vote, or would it just be removed at the end of the day? Anyway main point - careful with deadline votes, particularly in future rounds.
Ok just one more thing then I'll wait for answers. Ubik, when you say "I'd be tempted into a deadline vote here" who are you tempted to vote for? Just want to make it clear. But as per your caution, please don't do it yet. We still have lots of time for discussing things in this phase.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Inconq: what do you mean by a ranked tiers list? I searched Timo out of pure randomness. I got home from work and genuinely just had to pick a name. It was pure luck.

Timo: you said most of my claims weren’t based on fact and you did a good job “turning them against me” but there wasn’t much evidence for me to go off for ANYONE. I did t want to have to give away the fact that I investigated you and basically get myself killed in the next night phase (which is all but guaranteed at this point), but I figured if I’d be willing to die if it meant taking mafia with me.

I’m standing by my word here

DEADLINE & PERMANENT VOTE: TIMO
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Appreciate it!

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:Inconq: what do you mean by a ranked tiers list? I searched Timo out of pure randomness. I got home from work and genuinely just had to pick a name. It was pure luck.

Timo: you said most of my claims weren’t based on fact and you did a good job “turning them against me” but there wasn’t much evidence for me to go off for ANYONE. I did t want to have to give away the fact that I investigated you and basically get myself killed in the next night phase (which is all but guaranteed at this point), but I figured if I’d be willing to die if it meant taking mafia with me.

Ranked tiers list like this...

TOWN
Player name

NEUTRAL
Player name

MAFIA
Player name

But with everybody playing of course, not just three people.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Ok for real. Out.

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:

Ok just one more thing then I'll wait for answers. Ubik, when you say "I'd be tempted into a deadline vote here" who are you tempted to vote for? Just want to make it clear. But as per your caution, please don't do it yet. We still have lots of time for discussing things in this phase.
Timo, see the previous two paragraphs.

zaz isn't going along with the Hound idea, so that rules out that avenue of support for him. We're left on someone counterclaiming on the cop. I'd agree there's no rush yet.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Appreciate it!

Post by Micky »

Inconquerable wrote:
Micky wrote:Inconq: what do you mean by a ranked tiers list? I searched Timo out of pure randomness. I got home from work and genuinely just had to pick a name. It was pure luck.

Ranked tiers list like this...

TOWN
Player name

NEUTRAL
Player name

MAFIA
Player name

But with everybody playing of course, not just three people.
Okay you got

Town:
Zazzypants
Inconq

Neutral
Summer
Andy
Ubik
Silver

Mafia:
Timo

Again, my free time has been limited, but after last game I realistically don’t trust anyone. I got screwed over by two people.

But I’m telling you right now. Voting for anybody but Timo right now is a waste!

Even my dog agrees!
Last edited by Micky on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Morning, Summer! Hope the migraine is gone!

Post by Inconquerable »

Thank you! I figured that's what you meant, I just want everything to be as clear as possible. EDIT: This was @Ubik.

Going to respond to Timo's posts later on. I do agree that it looks very good for Cam that he's not just claiming Hound when his other option (in Timo's opinion) is that he's mafia. Anyway, more later. I see that Summer is on so I want to give her some room to post.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Oh my lanta this game is insaneeeeee!

1. Thank you all for the patience with my lack of posting
2. Thanks, Inky for the peppermint oil tip :))
3. A lot of people asked about me being so trusting of Cameron. In my original post I even admitted to my total trust seeming kind of silly, but honestly it comes down to knowing my brother. Twin intuition, but with two years between us :lol. Sometimes he can be hard to read, but this game has shown me straight up genuine Cameron. He’s usually a terrible liar, and he doesn’t like to be risky and play mind games until he has a reason to do so and enough evidence to do so.
4. The above being said, Timo is crafty as heck and has been backed into a corner. It’s the game of mafia so there’s always a chance that he could be innocent, but when his argument solely depends on me misreading Cam... well, it’s not a very strong argument for me.

Deadline Vote: Timo

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Appreciate it again!

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:Okay you got

Town:
Zazzypants
Inconq

Neutral
Literally everybody else

Mafia:
Timo

Again, my free time has been limited, but after last game I realistically don’t trust anyone. I got screwed over by two people.

But I’m telling you right now. Voting for anybody but Timo right now is a waste!

Even my dog agrees!
Need you to be as specific as possible, so could you please put the rest of the players into your neutral category and order them as well?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Okay I did
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

zazthespaz wrote:Hey look at that, I claimed the same role as the first guy we have a lead on! What are the odds?! Timo, who’d you try saving night 1?

Once again. Read my posts. I do mention at one point there's more going on with you. This was long before Micky accused me. No need to convince you, of course. You're always gonna make my case ridiculous, because of obvious reasons. I'm gonna answer the second question below.
Inconquerable wrote:1. TIMO, who did you protect in night one and why? And could you do me a favour and take your reads from the last page and order them in their appropriate tiers? I knew you said it was basically in order, I just want to see it laid out plainly if possible.
I tried to save you. Because you took a really dominant position in the game, and feared the mafia would be afraid of this happening. I wasn't 100% sure you were a townie, but I was 100% sure you were at the moment the right person for the townies because of the way you were asking questions and smelling out people.

The order is pretty much how I laid it out in that post:

-Inconquerable (green)
-Summer (orange)
-Ubik (orange)
-Andy (orange)
-Silver (red)
-Micky (red)
-Zaz (red)

With danger colors behind them :D
Ubik wrote:zaz isn't going along with the Hound idea, so that rules out that avenue of support for him. We're left on someone counterclaiming on the cop. I'd agree there's no rush yet.
Well yea, so he's mafia.
Summer wrote:4. The above being said, Timo is crafty as heck and has been backed into a corner. It’s the game of mafia so there’s always a chance that he could be innocent, but when his argument solely depends on me misreading Cam... well, it’s not a very strong argument for me.
The thing is, I absolutely don't feel backed in a corner. I've got logic and an entire game of proof on my side. I'm mostly blown away that people are actually believing Micky and zaz. They're both on the bottom on a lot of people's lists, so they're in a really bad spot. They pull of something obvious like this, and everybody's like: yea, makes sense...

Why isn't the real cop saying anything? I'm not sure. Maybe it's for the best. Vote me out, see I'm innocent. You've got 2 easy mafia targets, and an intact cop to find the last mafia. I'm cool with that.
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Timotheus wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Hey look at that, I claimed the same role as the first guy we have a lead on! What are the odds?! Timo, who’d you try saving night 1?

Once again. Read my posts. I do mention at one point there's more going on with you. This was long before Micky accused me. No need to convince you, of course. You're always gonna make my case ridiculous, because of obvious reasons. I'm gonna answer the second question below.
Inconquerable wrote:1. TIMO, who did you protect in night one and why? And could you do me a favour and take your reads from the last page and order them in their appropriate tiers? I knew you said it was basically in order, I just want to see it laid out plainly if possible.
I tried to save you. Because you took a really dominant position in the game, and feared the mafia would be afraid of this happening. I wasn't 100% sure you were a townie, but I was 100% sure you were at the moment the right person for the townies because of the way you were asking questions and smelling out people.

The order is pretty much how I laid it out in that post:

-Inconquerable (green)
-Summer (orange)
-Ubik (orange)
-Andy (orange)
-Silver (red)
-Micky (red)
-Zaz (red)

With danger colors behind them :D
Summer wrote:4. The above being said, Timo is crafty as heck and has been backed into a corner. It’s the game of mafia so there’s always a chance that he could be innocent, but when his argument solely depends on me misreading Cam... well, it’s not a very strong argument for me.
The thing is, I absolutely don't feel backed in a corner. I've got logic and an entire game of proof on my side. I'm mostly blown away that people are actually believing Micky and zaz. They're both on the bottom on a lot of people's lists, so they're in a really bad spot. They pull of something obvious like this, and everybody's like: yea, makes sense...

Why isn't the real cop saying anything? I'm not sure. Maybe it's for the best. Vote me out, see I'm innocent. You've got 2 easy mafia targets, and an intact cop to find the last mafia. I'm cool with that.

The real cop already did say something: YOU’RE GUILTY
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Micky wrote:The real cop already did say something: YOU’RE GUILTY
The thing is you keep saying that. But that's literally the only thing you can say.

You say it was a lucky guess, that you investigated me. On day one you never mention me. You vote for Andy, you say zaz is suspicious (lol), but never investigate the people you claim to find suspicious. Again, no logic.
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Micky wrote: The real cop already did say something: YOU’RE GUILTY
Assuming you turn out as the real cop, can we please change your title to "YOU'RE GUILTY"?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Timotheus wrote:
The thing is you keep saying that. But that's literally the only thing you can say.

You say it was a lucky guess, that you investigated me. In day one you never mention me. You vote for Andy, you say zaz is suspicious (lol), but never investigate the people you claim to find suspicious.
Because I said I was going to vote for Andy after last game, and Zaz WAS suspicious but as the day went on and I was able to participate more, I realized I couldn’t vote for Andy just based off last game.

I also said that my dog agrees, which is important because if my dog thinks you’re guilty, that means you’re guilty
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Micky wrote:
Timotheus wrote:

You say it was a lucky guess, that you investigated me. In day one you never mention me. You vote for Andy, you say zaz is suspicious (lol), but never investigate the people you claim to find suspicious.
Because I said I was going to vote for Andy after last game, and Zaz WAS suspicious but as the day went on and I was able to participate more, I realized I couldn’t vote for Andy just based off last game.

I also said that my dog agrees, which is important because if my dog thinks you’re guilty, that means you’re guilty
Lol, there'd been about 4 hours between your last post on day 1 and the end of day one, and zaz made 1 post during that time. You're literally making things up now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Timotheus wrote:
Micky wrote:
Timotheus wrote:

Lol, there'd been about 4 hours between your last post on day 1 and the end of day one, and zaz made 1 post during that time. You're literally making things up now.

I think you’re reaching at this point.

I didn’t have time to look at the boards. By the time I got off work, I performed my action and went to bed.
Thanks Andy!