The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Maybe 15, I'm moving kinda slow today.

Post by zazthespaz »

Spammers are getting smart. One just posted this in the "post count transfer" thread

"If you want to try and limit the number of people just signing up and selling things, I believe a 15 post count is too small a number and too easy for someone to post spam posts to reach this number."

It's a 3 post count limit, but dang, they're honing their craft! If they hadn't put a Russian website in their signature, I probably would've still banned them, but I would've spent an extra 10 seconds thinking about it at least.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ So if a mod has the power to remove a post, that would lower the count right and won't count towards the post total?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: If there's two posts from Kev above this one, something's gone horribly wrong.

Post by zazthespaz »

Probably... I think if I delete it, then yes.

(If it looks like I am responding to nobody, it's because curiosity got the best of me and I deleted Kev's post to see if his post count went down.)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I'm going to be in the same state as Cameron in a few weeks and thats about as close to being near my best friend in the whole world as I've been in over a year
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That's why you don't put out just for dinner, folks.

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:59 pm I'm going to be in the same state as Cameron in a few weeks and thats about as close to being near my best friend in the whole world as I've been in over a year
We had dinner together in August! That was 8 months ago! How quickly you forget...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Re: That's why you don't put out just for dinner, folks.

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:59 pm I'm going to be in the same state as Cameron in a few weeks and thats about as close to being near my best friend in the whole world as I've been in over a year
We had dinner together in August! That was 8 months ago! How quickly you forget...
it feels like it's been 84 years...

I'm gonna have to learn how to post videos on here so I can show you guys my journey of being so close yet so far away from Cameron when I travel in three weeks
Thanks Andy!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Okay, random tech question -- if you have a newer laptop that charges via USB-C cable, is there any danger in using just any random USB-C cable (either plugged into a USB port on an outlet or using a plug adapter) vs. using the actual power cable that came with it, with a power block in the middle? Just wondering how important that power block is, or if there's anything wrong with charging a device with any other cord. I have stepkids who can't keep track of any electronics cords, and I find one of them constantly stealing the USB-C out of the Switch to charge his Chromebook. Anything wrong with that? Or should I just buy him a new generic USB-C and tell him to keep track of it this time?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

TenaciousBe wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:48 am Okay, random tech question -- if you have a newer laptop that charges via USB-C cable, is there any danger in using just any random USB-C cable (either plugged into a USB port on an outlet or using a plug adapter) vs. using the actual power cable that came with it, with a power block in the middle? Just wondering how important that power block is, or if there's anything wrong with charging a device with any other cord. I have stepkids who can't keep track of any electronics cords, and I find one of them constantly stealing the USB-C out of the Switch to charge his Chromebook. Anything wrong with that? Or should I just buy him a new generic USB-C and tell him to keep track of it this time?
Not an expert by any means but I feel like if it's good enough for a Switch, it's probably good enough for a Chromebook? This article - https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... via-usb-c/ - seems to say it's fine as long as it's a trusted make, which I'd say Nintendo is.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Killer, thanks man. I'd like him not to steal the one out of the Switch, as he kind of sucks at putting things back when he's done, so thinking I'd just get some generic USB-Cs and make sure we have plenty of those on hand. Our phones all take those too, so they're nice to have anyway.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I think the only issue you can have in this day and age is slow charging. The device should manage the power coming in via the USB-C port to make sure nothing is damaged, but if the block is a low amp block designed to charge a small device, it may not provide as much juice to charge at maximum speed for some devices. Unless the charging seems really slow, don't worry about it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Only Metallica fans will get it.

Post by maximzub »

Anybody up for some comedy?

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Life is Good!
Last edited by MaraCarr on Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Duplicate

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Hey guys

My cousin Cassidy, she's 21 and was in a really bad car accident on Sunday night. She's been in critical condition for several days with two broken legs with compound fractures in both, a broken jaw, broken arm, wrist, broken shin in three places, broken pelvis and broken hip, she's in a medically induced coma, they're screening her brain for blood flow, she has a lacerated kidney and as my uncle (her father) put it, she's basically being held together with pins and plates.

On monday she had a 12 hour surgery just to try and keep her alive.

I wasn't going to post this here, I had messaged some people privately as my family asked us to keep this private until we know what kind of outcome to expect, it's very touch and go right now.

However, she needs all the prayers she can get, so if you guys can keep her in your prayers, or if you don't pray, just say a quick one for her. She's a great kid, works in hospitals as a nurse and she is far too young to have to go through this.

Appreciate the love and support guys. You are the best.
Thanks Andy!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Micky, love to your whole family who're going through this, I'll keep everything crossed for Cassidy.
For all of the hope that it brings...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Same here, Micky. Thinking of you and Cassidy and all your family.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Micky wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am Hey guys

My cousin Cassidy, she's 21 and was in a really bad car accident on Sunday night. She's been in critical condition for several days with two broken legs with compound fractures in both, a broken jaw, broken arm, wrist, broken shin in three places, broken pelvis and broken hip, she's in a medically induced coma, they're screening her brain for blood flow, she has a lacerated kidney and as my uncle (her father) put it, she's basically being held together with pins and plates.

On monday she had a 12 hour surgery just to try and keep her alive.

I wasn't going to post this here, I had messaged some people privately as my family asked us to keep this private until we know what kind of outcome to expect, it's very touch and go right now.

However, she needs all the prayers she can get, so if you guys can keep her in your prayers, or if you don't pray, just say a quick one for her. She's a great kid, works in hospitals as a nurse and she is far too young to have to go through this.

Appreciate the love and support guys. You are the best.
Praying!!!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: this is what I post when this goes unused for almost a week.

Post by zazthespaz »

Hello Sharks, thank you for having me, I’m seeking $5 million dollars for a 10% stake in my company. What is it you ask? Two words: Alexa, Furby.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Got my second COVID shot today. Am happy to finally be vaccinated! Hopefully I don't get too many side effects
Thanks Andy!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

What a crazy month... Through a temp agency, I've found a killer landscaping job that I'm really enjoying. Awesome, laid back crew of stoners and weirdos with a pretty easy going, accommodating supervisor only a few years older than I am. Out in the sun for ten hours getting paid to get tan (burnt) and buff!

Our roommates are moving out on Saturday. We'll be squatting here for a few days until we can get moved into a new place, probably an extended stay motel until we can get an apartment or cheap house rented...

Super stressed but super excited to eventually be in a place of our own! I don't like adulting...