What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You’ll get paid in no time.

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:34 am
gbruin wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:49 pm The best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else.
Just saw I had an email from a classmate asking me where they could find the missing assignment :lol
Email them an empty folder as a zip file and tell them it’s in there.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Andy's idea, but with her paycheck.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:28 pm I'm in the last class of my Master's program (wrapping up in 2 weeks after 2 years) and of course it's with the worst professor I've had at this college (possibly ever). She delayed our midterm because she failed to give access to it when she said she would, and then subtly made an announcement that another assignment is due simultaneously. In that announcement, she said the details are in a folder which does not exist (because she copied and pasted from a previous iteration of this class). I emailed her to let her know the assignment is unavailable because it's not showing up in the assignments folder. 24 hours later she emails me back and says to look in the assignments folder (exactly where I said in my email the assignment was missing from) and of course, it's not there. So I emailed her back a screenshot of the entire page showing that the assignment doesn't exist.

For as much schooling as I'm doing/have done to this teacher, they ought to just give me the diploma at this point.
Follow up, I got my final exam today, a series of essay questions. The last question is pulled straight from the book, out of chapter 15, which she did not tell us to read (only chapters 1-14). :rolleyes
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: no good deed...

Post by zazthespaz »

At the gym yesterday, teenage girl is trying to figure out the arc trainers (elliptical-like cardio machine). After trying one, she ends up on the one next to me (the rest of the row is completely empty, I'm on the 3rd one in) and tries it out. She can't figure it out and asks me how to turn it on, so I tell her and make sure it boots up properly, then put my headphones back in and continue watching the video on my phone. She then starts blasting My Little Pony on her phone without headphones which I can hear over the volume of my headphones. DONT RAISE YOUR KIDS LIKE THIS.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: I can’t hear you

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:09 am At the gym yesterday, teenage girl is trying to figure out the arc trainers (elliptical-like cardio machine). After trying one, she ends up on the one next to me (the rest of the row is completely empty, I'm on the 3rd one in) and tries it out. She can't figure it out and asks me how to turn it on, so I tell her and make sure it boots up properly, then put my headphones back in and continue watching the video on my phone. She then starts blasting My Little Pony on her phone without headphones which I can hear over the volume of my headphones. DONT RAISE YOUR KIDS LIKE THIS.
The moral of this story is that you’re too cheap to buy noise canceling headphones.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I can’t hear you

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am
zazthespaz wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:09 am At the gym yesterday, teenage girl is trying to figure out the arc trainers (elliptical-like cardio machine). After trying one, she ends up on the one next to me (the rest of the row is completely empty, I'm on the 3rd one in) and tries it out. She can't figure it out and asks me how to turn it on, so I tell her and make sure it boots up properly, then put my headphones back in and continue watching the video on my phone. She then starts blasting My Little Pony on her phone without headphones which I can hear over the volume of my headphones. DONT RAISE YOUR KIDS LIKE THIS.
The moral of this story is that you’re too cheap to buy noise canceling headphones.
Or that you need to turn up your volume louder to compensate.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: I can’t hear you (riiiiiiiiiiiiing)

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:33 pm
Andy92 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am
Or that you need to turn up your volume louder to compensate.
Don’t wanna get tinnitus.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: give or take a few times.

Post by zazthespaz »

Yeah, jeez, my hearing is already probably messed up from several front row AB/Tremonti shows…

And yeah I’m too cheap to but noise canceling headphones, but in my 10 years of going to the gym I’ve never needed them!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's not really like some rap performer?

Post by gbruin »

My Little Pony is a real music thing?? Like the pink big-eyed cartoon horses??
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "My Little Pony drops the latest diss track"

Post by zazthespaz »

No, she was watching the show at full blast!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Timotheus »

Do teenagers watch My Little Pony? What gym do you go to? Pre-teen Fitness Club?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Right, Greg?

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:54 am Do teenagers watch My Little Pony? What gym do you go to? Pre-teen Fitness Club?
There's a weird following for My Little Pony here in the US though (and maybe other places), there's groups of grown men who watch it apparently.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Right, Greg?

Post by Crumbso »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:51 pm
Timotheus wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:54 am Do teenagers watch My Little Pony? What gym do you go to? Pre-teen Fitness Club?
There's a weird following for My Little Pony here in the US though (and maybe other places), there's groups of grown men who watch it apparently.
Bronies :facepalm

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Wait, bronies are still around? I thought that was so 2000-and-late? Like, a good 10 years ago.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

There's just not enough time in the friggin' day. Work is ramping up, more international travel etc, I'm studying outside of work to become a qualified counsellor and get out my current line of work, the homework essays take an enormous amount of time, I'm in two bands, I'm receiving counselling therapy myself AND I'm in a committed relationship where I feel like I barely get to see my partner. It's all stressing me the F out.

maximzub
On The Rail

Screw girls...in more ways than one.

Post by maximzub »

The fact that girls are so unpredictable and I'll never understand how their minds work.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Screw girls...in more ways than one.

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:26 pm The fact that girls are so unpredictable and I'll never understand how their minds work.
Helps if you stop trying to woo them :cheers

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:03 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:26 pm The fact that girls are so unpredictable and I'll never understand how their minds work.
Oh, I've all but given up on that.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:58 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:03 pm
Oh, I've all but given up on that.
They're just like us, bud. Understanding people, in general, is a challenge that most of us don't master. It takes a lot of work to gather skills of empathy, interpretation and compromise to maintain any type of close relationship with someone.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

......and now I've got COVID.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Crumbso wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:42 pm ......and now I've got COVID.
Bummer, Crumbso. Hope it's mild and overwith quickly. Get well soon.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die