The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Andy92 »

Don't ask them to dance over an internet mafia game though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't get why this girl would refuse to talk to you, only because she's afraid of you having romantic intentions. If she spends so much energy in not trying to talk to you, you obviously mean something to her. If she didn't care she would just reject you.

Anway, I thought Andy was a good Dr. Phil.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

:yeahthat

Don't get it either, unless you two have some sort of a romantic history and I just wasn't reading carefully enough.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

zaz if you're looking for a new laptop, you should get a Maccabook Pro

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

i feel so deprived and left out from all this doctor phil talk, cus we dont have that over here haha we have Jeremy Kyle..

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Am I just slowpoke.jpg, or is the site different.
:yeahthat

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:I don't get why this girl would refuse to talk to you, only because she's afraid of you having romantic intentions. If she spends so much energy in not trying to talk to you, you obviously mean something to her. If she didn't care she would just reject you.

Anway, I thought Andy was a good Dr. Phil.
Well, only because you stated it. She is probably afraid that I might have romantic intentions. I mean I did like her a lot, she's a great person, and we've known each other for a long, long time. Honestly, I really don't want a romantic relationship, because, well, the way our dynamic works on the positive side, it just would not work out in the long run, and I would say that even if we are talking and having conversations. I just need a great outlet for conversations and, to be fair, she is the best person to talk with if she wanted to and I just did not want to let go of that. Maybe, she probably perceive that as romantic intention and won't let go of the idea that it is.
Lotha wrote::yeahthat

Don't get it either, unless you two have some sort of a romantic history and I just wasn't reading carefully enough.
For all intents and purposes, we have never, and the Rock means never, have a romantic history. We just had moments of good friendships and bad blood and I always, in my mind, want to do something to progress this relationship without it leading to being romantic which always leads to blow up in my face.

Sigh...., that's just how the way the wind blows sometimes. I don't have any options left to go with except just wish her well and, maybe, we'll have that talk I'm looking for, one day. Other that that, I got to look out for my sanity and do things to enrich myself.

Anywho, I want to be done talking about this and clogging this thread on it, so yeah.
BennyWhatever wrote:Am I just slowpoke.jpg, or is the site different.
Neither. This is actually the same site design we had have in the last couple of days. :shifty

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Well, that sucks then, but the best thing you can do is move on with your life and don't turn back. Girls are like that sometimes. You can hurt them without even knowing it, or they can just change their mind suddenly or misinterpret your good intentions.
But yeah, I'm writing what you probably already know.
So probably all I should say is: good luck, everything will get better in time :cheers

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: time to talk to alex!

Post by abw1987 »

zazthespaz wrote:
abw1987 wrote:The Westboro Baptist "Church" is a scam. I'm not convinced they even believe the things they claim. They are all educated lawyers. Their business is to try to piss people off as much as possible while staying within the boundaries of the 2nd Amendment. As soon as someone attacks them or tries to infringe on their "beliefs", they sue. That's how they make a living. So, the only way they will go away is if people stop paying attention to them.
the right to keep and bear arms? :huh (edit: bring back :huh !!!)
Son of a bitch. Well we wouldn't have the first without the second, right?!?!

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

I've heard a TON about Biffy Clyro but never have really listened to them. What album should I listen to first?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nick wrote:
abw1987 wrote:No such thing as a lesbian.
... ?!?!?!
I don't buy the idea that someone is born to only have a certain kind of sex.

Of course I am not denying that people are attracted to different things. Science has yet to discover a "gay gene", however sexuality may very well be a combination of genetics, parental upbringing, the culture you are surrounded by, and so on. I don't think any of that is relevant. We are not defined by our impulses, but by our actions. To say that a lesbian has no choice but to have sex with women is no different than saying a pedophile has no choice but to have sex with children.

In that sense, there is no such thing as a "lesbian", at least not in the sense that most people think. There are only human beings, many of whom have different types of sex than others.

Now whether you believe homosexuality is right or wrong... that's an entirely different discussion.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

abw1987 wrote:
Nick wrote:
... ?!?!?!

Of course I am not denying that people are attracted to different things. Science has yet to discover a "gay gene", however sexuality may very well be a combination of genetics, parental upbringing, the culture you are surrounded by, and so on. I don't think any of that is relevant. We are not defined by our impulses, but by our actions. To say that a lesbian has no choice but to have sex with women is no different than saying a pedophile has no choice but to have sex with children.

In that sense, there is no such thing as a "lesbian", at least not in the sense that most people think. There are only human beings, many of whom have different types of sex than others.

Now whether you believe homosexuality is right or wrong... that's an entirely different discussion.
Well it is no different. Lesbians are attracted to women, pedophiles to children. The only difference is, lesbians consent to sex with each other, and children don't consent to sex with anyone, and they can't defend themselves. Which is what attracts pedophiles in the first place, helplessness, and that's why it's considered a vile disorder. You can't say the same for homosexualism.
Maybe we're not born with our sexual orientation, maybe we "get" it later in life when we mature, but it isn't something that can be changed back and forth, I think. Everyone is by social default a heterosexual first, and some discover that, in fact, they like something else better.

Edit: Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that you can't really compare the two because "children" aren't exactly a sexual orientation or a valid sexual category. Cos they're children :D A pedophile can be gay. It's not a child body that attracts them but their helplessness.
Last edited by Lotha on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Drivenunder4 wrote:I've heard a TON about Biffy Clyro but never have really listened to them. What album should I listen to first?
Only Revolutions is the easiest one to get into I think. It also has got the biggest hits. My favourite album by them is probably Puzzle though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

abw1987 wrote:
Nick wrote:
... ?!?!?!

Well, then who are these ladies I know that have the impulse to have sex with women and also only choose to have sex with women? Either way, actions or impulses, they're defined as lesbians. I actually do agree that to pigeonhole any variation on the vastly broad spectrum of sexuality as one or another strict category will necessarily be limiting and unfitting to some people (if that is what you were arguing), there are still definitely lesbians. Even if the concept of categorizing sexuality is an inherently incorrect idea, the social category of lesbian certainly exists. Lesbian women need it as a group for solidarity and collectivity, and the media/most of the rest of society wants it as a group to be demonized and fetishized. In an ideal sense, no, we shouldn't need labels but in where we live now, we definitely do. It's not really anyone's place but a lesbian to define what a lesbian really is anyway.

Edit: I also agree with Lotha.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Lotha wrote:Well it is no different. Lesbians are attracted to women, pedophiles to children. The only difference is, lesbians consent to sex with each other, and children don't consent to sex with anyone, and they can't defend themselves. Which is what attracts pedophiles in the first place, helplessness, and that's why it's considered a vile disorder. You can't say the same for homosexualism.
Maybe we're not born with our sexual orientation, maybe we "get" it later in life when we mature, but it isn't something that can be changed back and forth, I think. Everyone is by social default a heterosexual first, and some discover that, in fact, they like something else better.

Edit: Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that you can't really compare the two because "children" aren't exactly a sexual orientation or a valid sexual category. Cos they're children :D A pedophile can be gay. It's not a child body that attracts them but their helplessness.
I do see what you are saying. But I believe that differentiation falls under the discussion of "right or wrong." If we're strictly talking about the issue of "is it a choice?", then I see no difference.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Timotheus wrote:
Drivenunder4 wrote:I've heard a TON about Biffy Clyro but never have really listened to them. What album should I listen to first?
Only Revolutions is the easiest one to get into I think. It also has got the biggest hits. My favourite album by them is probably Puzzle though.
Agree with this. I'd steer clear of the first 3 albums til you're into em a bit more. Can't go wrong with any of them though. Every album is solid. Infinity Land and Vertigo of Bliss are 2 of my favourite albums ever.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: time to talk to alex!

Post by abw1987 »

zazthespaz wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Good. Made a nice brunch, got my hair cut, went to look at laptops for my fiance (as hers is dying), and had some delicious dinner and cocktails. How about you?
Fantastic someone else brought up the subject of laptops! Apparently the motherboard on mine crashed according to GeekSquad, so I'm potentially looking for a new laptop. Any suggestions?
Yikes!

Well, there is no perfect laptop. It all depends on your use case. What's more important, raw processing ability or battery life? Screen size or portability? This article is a pretty decent examination of the different factors to look for: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/15/46230 ... ed-to-know

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Ahoy.

anguyen, quit letting life define you. It's time you step up and define your life. Do what you want, not wait around for someone else to do what you want. Talk to this girl, or forget it and move on. Something. Anything. Just do.

oh, btw, the new design kicks ass. Well done, TABN team!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I love getting packages in the mail more than anything. It's like getting a present from your past self. Even if he made some stupid, impulsive purchases, I'm still getting a present now.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

Nick wrote:I love getting packages in the mail more than anything. It's like getting a present from your past self. Even if he made some stupid, impulsive purchases, I'm still getting a present now.
:lol I thought the same thing the other day