The Walking Dead

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: You've got Carl, Rick, Daryl, that's it.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

@cheesedip1 He probably means In the episode. That's because she's still on her Two week run with Heath and has no idea about what's happeend, @Timo.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Fish Tacos »

Just finished ep 12.

I thought they did a pretty good job of making the human kills much more impactful and it was cool to see the team clean house like that. Once everyone started shooting, it was a pretty raw set of scenes. But I'm starting to get annoyed with the "nothing goes according to plan" style of plotline. It's gotten to the point where you just sit there waiting for something to go wrong.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:Just finished ep 12.

I thought they did a pretty good job of making the human kills much more impactful and it was cool to see the team clean house like that. Once everyone started shooting, it was a pretty raw set of scenes. But I'm starting to get annoyed with the "nothing goes according to plan" style of plotline. It's gotten to the point where you just sit there waiting for something to go wrong.
Episode 12?! What are you doing so far behind?!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I've been watching Daredevil Seaon 2 :P

Just finished 13. It was an oddly quick and satisfying fix to the dilemma of episode 12, even if it does seem like that whole subplot arc was rather pointless. Those characters were a bit on the nose for what I viewed as the writers attempting to get the audience to want them dead ("you're PATHETIC", or "you're not one of THOSE people are you?").

I'm a little confused why when they said "we are all Negan" that Hilltop wouldn't know that. Like, I get that they probably don't interact a bunch, but then there's the whole thing with demanding that guy's head. The way I have it figured, someone in charge had to request that, so why not just say they're in charge instead of Negan? Maybe it acts as confusion tactic for anyone planing an assault thinking they don't have all the pieces but idk, just seems like a way to mess with the audience to me.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I just found out how dark some of TWD comics were. Dang.

What Michonne did to the Governor. Holy $$$$. There's no way some of that stuff in the comics would fly on the show.

Here's a link to the thread on Reddit discussing it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead ... _were_too/

@Shakenbaken question: In the comics, how does Rick get by with only one hand? That sound's like it would be difficult to do.
Last edited by cheesedip1 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

cheesedip1 wrote:I just found out how dark some of TWD comics were. Dang.

What Michonne did to the Governor. Holy $$$$. There's no way some of that stuff in the comics would fly on the show.

Here's a link to the thread on Reddit discussing it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead ... _were_too/
Yeah the comics can be a bit fucked up sometimes. Glad the show isnt anywhere near as fucked up as the comics though.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Do the comics go into detail on that stuff or are things mostly just implied and not shown?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, some of that stuff was pretty literal to be implied.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Timotheus wrote:Lol, some of that stuff was pretty literal to be implied.
Lol, yeah like a second later I realized how dumb my question was. (slaps own forehead)

@Shakenbaken question: In the comics, how does Rick get by with only one hand? That sounds like it would be difficult to do.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

@cheesedip1

The comic is obviously just a compilation of drawings so things that would otherwise take forever on the show to be in a scene or episode are basically skipped over in the comics from one panel to the next.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

@shake and bake (n) yeah, but....do u feel like the comic is maybe a bit unrealistic in that regard? I mean, geezh with one hand it would just seem almost impossible to reload, you can only shoot pistols,

I mean, if this was real life, I don't think Rick would be making it much farther.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

They kinda went the rapey route with The Governor and Maggie but they chickened out at the last minute and Maggie denied anything happened. Could be a good shock value card to hang onto until later unless the writers are afraid they would be crucified for "promoting rape culture" or however some groups might spin it.

Season 14 spoilers:
Denise's speech was pretty awful ("are you that stupid?" -> "are YOU?!" I was like wut :headscratch) but I loled pretty hard when that arrow came. That being said, Eugene biting Dwight's dick still took the cake.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

@cheesedip1 It's a comics/show based in a ZA of course it's unrealistic :lol But yeah that's pretty much why it didn't/won't happen the show.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:They kinda went the rapey route with The Governor and Maggie but they chickened out at the last minute and Maggie denied anything happened. Could be a good shock value card to hang onto until later unless the writers are afraid they would be crucified for "promoting rape culture" or however some groups might spin it.

Season 14 spoilers:
Denise's speech was pretty awful ("are you that stupid?" -> "are YOU?!" I was like wut :headscratch) but I loled pretty hard when that arrow came. That being said, Eugene biting Dwight's dick still took the cake.
I actually really liked her speech. It wasn't awful at all, IMO. AND HOW COULD YOU LAUGH?! YOU MONSTER!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I liked her in older episodes but she was sooo annoying last episode. I was about to give her the "most annoying character of the show" award, but then they killed her, so it was a bit of a confusing moment for me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I mean here's the dialogue.

Rosita: "Are you seriously THAT stupid?" referencing going after the cooler they told her wasn't worth the trouble after she managed to drag a walker on top of her.

Denise: "Are YOU? I mean it, are you?" Wut. "Do you have any clue what that was to me, what that whole thing is to me? See i have training in this shit" wtf is she talking about? ...I'm not making it up as i go along like with the stitches and the surgery, I asked you to come with me because you're brave like my brother and you make me feel safe. And I wanted you here because you're alone, probably for the first time in your life. And because you're stronger than you think you are which gives me hope that maybe I can be too. I could have gone with Tara, i could have told her I loved her, but I didn't because i was afraid. That's what's stupid, not coming out here, not facing my shit, and it makes me sick that you guys aren't even trying." Again, wtf is she talking about? Those two go out all the time. And if she's going to contrast her not telling Tara she loved her as the stupid thing against her courage with the walkers (which is where I thought this word salad was going), it doesn't make sense for her to equate them by saying "not coming out here" is the stupid thing. "Because you're strong and you're smart and you're both really good people and if you don't wake up and face your shhhhnotearsonlydreams" I can only presume that sweet, sweet arrow saved us from a more passionate rambling.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:I mean here's the dialogue.

Rosita: "Are you seriously THAT stupid?" referencing going after the cooler they told her wasn't worth the trouble after she managed to drag a walker on top of her.

Denise: "Are YOU? I mean it, are you?" Wut. "Do you have any clue what that was to me, what that whole thing is to me? See i have training in this shit" wtf is she talking about? ...I'm not making it up as i go along like with the stitches and the surgery, I asked you to come with me because you're brave like my brother and you make me feel safe. And I wanted you here because you're alone, probably for the first time in your life. And because you're stronger than you think you are which gives me hope that maybe I can be too. I could have gone with Tara, i could have told her I loved her, but I didn't because i was afraid. That's what's stupid, not coming out here, not facing my shit, and it makes me sick that you guys aren't even trying." Again, wtf is she talking about? Those two go out all the time. And if she's going to contrast her not telling Tara she loved her as the stupid thing against her courage with the walkers (which is where I thought this word salad was going), it doesn't make sense for her to equate them by saying "not coming out here" is the stupid thing. "Because you're strong and you're smart and you're both really good people and if you don't wake up and face your shhhhnotearsonlydreams" I can only presume that sweet, sweet arrow saved us from a more passionate rambling.
I won't be able to answer your red-highlighted parts, but I posted it on TSDF to see if someone else can help with your questions/confusions.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

You can't answer because it was baaaaaaaad!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:You can't answer because it was baaaaaaaad!
Your comments were baaaaaad?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It wasn't really her speech. I know kinda understood where she was coming from. It was more the "I'm innocent, I need protection. OH, let's go to the noise in the dark room. Let's just kill that walker on my own without letting the others know and completely suck at it" attitude.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.