Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Ubik »

Dark Souls taunting me yet again.

FTL's absolutely awesome if anyone was thinking of getting it, it's a steal even at full price.
For all of the hope that it brings...

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Thanks to Steam Sale, I finally have Devil May Cry 4. Been wanting it for years.
Any other DMC fans here?
:yeahthat

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

BennyWhatever wrote:Thanks to Steam Sale, I finally have Devil May Cry 4. Been wanting it for years.
Any other DMC fans here?
Yes, I love DMC. Make sure when you play 4 to remember to use Nero's special attacks with his devil arm. When I played through it I somehow didn't discover it until near the end of his missions.

Trelose
Loyal Follower

Post by Trelose »

Steam Sales ended up giving me the EA Racing Pack and The Witcher (along with The Witcher 2).

One thing I fail to understand is how NFS: Undercover can lag my computer, when I run other games at max settings with no issue. o.o
I wanna rise today... And change this world...

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

nagpo wrote:
BennyWhatever wrote:Thanks to Steam Sale, I finally have Devil May Cry 4. Been wanting it for years.
Any other DMC fans here?
Yes, I love DMC. Make sure when you play 4 to remember to use Nero's special attacks with his devil arm. When I played through it I somehow didn't discover it until near the end of his missions.
On mission 6 right now, and I've been using it a lot. I'm a big style meter guy so I've been using it a lot for that.
There was a super fun secret mission in which you had to use the devils arm 5 times in the air without falling. It was tough but crazy fun.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: So I have to run over pedestrians on the sidewalk.

Post by zazthespaz »

I think they updated watchdogs but took out a key part of the AI in terms of handling street lights. Every car plows right through the stop light regardless of its color which leads to twenty car pile ups at every intersection. Freaking hilarious but impossible to drive a straight line.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Been playing this card game from Blizzard called Hearthstone. At the one hand, it's pretty addicting to play. On the other hand, it's kinda agonizing to endure the grinding process as well as losing a lot of games in a row. Other than that, it's pretty enjoyable with a lot of strategies involved.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Watching a video from this Youtuber called TotalBiscuit about video game royalties and stuff like this and it kinda amazes me on how the video game industry operates on a different level than the music industry in forms of seeing the product online in outlets like youtube and how that affect sales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzeULO59hG0

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bumping this thread. I recently watched this video from TotalBiscuit on what is Twitch.tv (which is a site that provides a service that provides people to live stream the video games that they play) and why people watch gamers on Twitch.tv. It was pretty informative and bang on to the point on illustrating the variety outlets that Twitch.tv brings and how it's beneficial to the gaming industry. Check it out.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/MN2jDtRNuCI[/youtube]

Edit: At around 4:30, it is noting that it's a bit kinda sad that a video game tournament has higher production values than an AB concert.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Not sure if anybody on here plays Rocksmith 2014 but the dlc for tomorrow looks to be Creed.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

played nothin but nhl 15 on ps4 lately. obsessed

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

AB23 wrote:played nothin but nhl 15 on ps4 lately. obsessed
:yeahthat the gameplay is freaking amazing and NBC presentation really makes it feel special this year. Graphics are pretty improved from last year as well
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I havent stopped playing HUT. I got a D. Doughty in a pack somehow, so I sold it for 150k. Then with that I bought a really good team

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Just pre-ordered Smash Bros for 3DS. Very excited. I was lucky enough to have a friend get the Demo, so he shared it with me, and it's pretty dang fun.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Waiting for that one to come out on the Wii U. Should be fun.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I am just considering should I go to bed (even though I'm not sleepy), do something useful for a change or just go ahead and play some more Diablo. *sigh*
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Diablo it is!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Anybody here play Destiny yet? Honestly I want to know what the F*** happened between Halo and Destiny that made Bungie lose their minds and drop the ball.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Played the Beta. I actually liked it, but when I made it to level 7 on the Beta after two evenings of playing and heard the full game only had 20 levels...I lost interest. A friend of mine got it and told me the campaign was way too short for a game advertising as an MMO. It looks like another typical FPS with a short campaign and the only replay value comes from multiplayer.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Played the Beta. I actually liked it, but when I made it to level 7 on the Beta after two evenings of playing and heard the full game only had 20 levels...I lost interest. A friend of mine got it and told me the campaign was way too short for a game advertising as an MMO. It looks like another typical FPS with a short campaign and the only replay value comes from multiplayer.
Well tbh; the campaign isn't all that short (has about 18 missions in total and a couple strike missions per planet; some of which are very short; some are modern length); but I still think there's enough replay value in the campaign enough that people who don't like the MP (like me) can still enjoy the game. I have all 3 of my characters finished the entire campaign and are up to level 20 already though so I guess I have to find a way to get them into the gold rank tier before I level them up in the campaign again. But the biggest issue for me, is the the "only online" BS. like I mentioned previously. What the F*** was Bungie (or Activision) thinking when they decided the make it online-only? Not only did they alienate a large portion of the gaming community (those who can only play/afford offline); But now every time my internet DC's or they have stupid server issues I get kicked out of the campaign and have to restart the game up again. Very bad decision on their part. And the open-world concept was way over-hyped. Even with 5 places (Traveler, Moon, Earth, Venus, Mars) there is still barely any size to the locations at all.

I gave Destiny a 2.5/5