WWE

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: WWE

Post by TenaciousBe »

Taker should have been done after last year. 20-0 is a nice round number, it was the "end of an era," the picture of the 3 of them leaving the ring together and looking back from the ramp is the perfect iconic swan song. Though it would be pretty sweet to see Taker/Brock, and follow up on their little altercation at the UFC thing a few years back.

As for the Rumble, I'd LOVE to see someone like Mahal win it. Not Mahal himself, as 3MB is the turd in the punch bowl right now, but a lower card guy who just comes out of nowhere to win it. I would have marked so goddamn hard if Santino had actually come back in and won it against Del Rio.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:I fear for the industry at the moment. At least five years ago, everything felt good for the future and to push the new guys forward and that the old guys were still deliver quality moments. Now since then, HHH and Taker is almost to the level of retirement, HBK is retired, Cena is too stale, Orton is getting boring and seems to have no direction on his career, Batista quit the wrestling business, Edge had to forcefully retire, and Jericho is doing Fozzy and his radio show.

I just feel like the WWE is at a stage in their lifetime where they are not looking forward to the future and the idea that they are going to have to rely on guys like Punk and Daniel Bryan (which is not a bad thing, though it might be in WWE's mind) so before that happens, they'll bring back Lesnar and the Rock for short-term growth and exposure and but what happens after Lesnar and Rock are gone? What direction does the company want to go to that can keep themselves around for generations to come?

Kinda scared to think it that way, especially since the wrestling industry as a whole is not as visible as other forms of tv entertainment.

We could compare this to the visibility of rock music, in the US, compared to other music genres as well, but the difference is that rock is always going to be 100% there for generations to come. I don't know if the WWE will have that kind of position.
I'm pretty sure WWE is safe. CM Punk's heel run is a little stale as he keeps repeating himself. But there are so many mid level superstars working their way up. Most notably Dolph Ziggler.

Ah Dolph Ziggler... He is the ultimate future of WWE. He embodies what HBK, Jericho and Billy Gunn did through the 90's and early 2000's and has the talent and ability to be the best in the business.

Undertaker should definitely be done now. Shame really, there needs to be some genuine darkness seeing as Kane is a laughing stock.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

And seriously.. I dont wanna see Brock Lesnar again.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Jim wrote:And seriously.. I dont wanna see Brock Lesnar again.
THIS!!!

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Like it or not, Brock is good for business, he has a big following, and his match with Cena at Extreme Rules was one of the best of the year, it brought back some of the brutality of the old days. I look forward to seeing how they use him at Mania.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

CM Punk VS Brock Lesnar over Paul Heyman...???? Or Heyman gets some kind of bullshit rivalry going between them behind their backs..?

That could lead onto Cena/Rock 2..?

There are so many possibilities really, what with others expected back.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I think Taker vs Brock is the one most people wanna see, what with their little exchange at that UFC event that one time.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

What happened there??

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/zjHtxPew5Os[/youtube]

Very cool

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Yeah that's the one

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I dont care about that, as long as i get to marry Kaitlyn, not bothered about much else.. in life

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Macca wrote:Like it or not, Brock is good for business, he has a big following, and his match with Cena at Extreme Rules was one of the best of the year, it brought back some of the brutality of the old days. I look forward to seeing how they use him at Mania.
:facepalm What match were you watching?!

Match of the year before that one even gets mentioned Ziggler -v- Orton. Ziggler -v- Punk. Ummm... Brodus Clay -v- Anyone?

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I didn't say it was match of the year. But it was one of the better matches. The match was highly acclaimed by most fans, so yeah.

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

I really hope that The Rock doesn't win the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I don't think he will, I think he'll win it at the Chamber

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Macca wrote:I don't think he will, I think he'll win it at the Chamber
I don't think so, CM Punk will hold on to the WWE Championship until after WRESLTEMANIA 29

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I can see it coming down to The Rock and Cena at the Chamber, with The Rock winning, Cena whining about he was so close to winning it, and challenging The Rock to a match at Mania, setting up Cena/Rock part 2.

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Here's how i see it all happening for the WWE Title, CM Punk retains at the Rumble, (The Shield CAN'T interfere on Punk's behalf or he'll be stripped of the title), The Rock enters the Rumble match at #19 and wins therefore giving him a shot at WRESTLEMANIA 29, Cena will win the elimination chamber match also giving him a shot at the WWE Title, and come WRESTLEMANIA 29 it'll be The Rock vs. John Cena vs CM Punk for the WWE Championship

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

I'm trying to imagine how Punk beats Rock clean, and it just doesn't seem like something WWE would do.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Enter Lesnar