The Official ''Favorite TV Show'' Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Decay

Re: The Official ''Favorite TV Show'' Thread

Post by Decay »

Lately I've been watching and getting into shows like Person Of Interest and Intelligence, I've come to dig 'em a lot! Anybody else a fan of these?

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Decay wrote:Lately I've been watching and getting into shows like Person Of Interest and Intelligence, I've come to dig 'em a lot! Anybody else a fan of these?
I don't watch either but I've heard really good things about Person of Interest, but not so good things about Intelligence.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

True Detective really is terrific at the moment. The newest episode ended with a six minute long.. one-take.. tracking shot that was just incredibly intense and suspenseful. Whilst the show is only four episodes in it has definitely softened the blow of Breaking Bad's absence. McConaughey, Nic Pizzolatto and Cary Joji Fukunuga are going to win awards for this - for acting, writing and directing respectively. Great television :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/GmhS_IYnjcA[/youtube]

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Does anyone on here watch "House of Cards"? That's a damn good show!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I just finished Twin Peaks. Season one is possibly some of the best TV ever. Season 2 was harder work.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Has anybody seen the latest episode of The Walking Dead? It was such an excellent episode.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

South Park's "Game of Thrones" episodes, so awesome.

Jesterhead
Brand New Start

Post by Jesterhead »

Favorite TV Shows that are finished

-Stargate(SG-1 and Atlantis)
-House
-How I Met Your Mother(it'll be done on Monday)
-Fresh Prince of Bel-Air(Call it Nostalgia)
-Star Trek TNG

Currently, I'm still into Doctor Who and Community, but I am definitely looking for more shows to get into.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: DAMN YOU, MADS!

Post by Inconquerable »

Hannibal last night was insane, and it looks like it's going to be even crazier next week. I don't want to wait for the next episode though, I'm too hyped!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: DAMN YOU, MADS!

Post by Dan Dando »

Inconquerable wrote:Hannibal last night was insane, and it looks like it's going to be even crazier next week. I don't want to wait for the next episode though, I'm too hyped!
Hate to make the wait even tougher for you... but something pretty major is going to happen next week. Sadly, I had something spoiled for me - can't wait to see the episode though :)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: WHAT ABOUT WILL, DR. BLOOM?!

Post by Inconquerable »

Dan Dando wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Hannibal last night was insane, and it looks like it's going to be even crazier next week. I don't want to wait for the next episode though, I'm too hyped!
Hate to make the wait even tougher for you... but something pretty major is going to happen next week. Sadly, I had something spoiled for me - can't wait to see the episode though :)
It's going to be crazy I'm sure. The preview at the end of last night's episode seemed kind of spoiler-y but it was all so fast that it was hard to really pick apart. If Alana Bloom sleeps with Hannibal though… =#

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

My favorite show goes of the air next week. HIMYM, you will be missed.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My favorite show is having it's 4th season finale today. It'll be missed until October. Anyone else here watch it?

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: WHAT ABOUT WILL, DR. BLOOM?!

Post by Dan Dando »

Inconquerable wrote:It's going to be crazy I'm sure. The preview at the end of last night's episode seemed kind of spoiler-y but it was all so fast that it was hard to really pick apart. If Alana Bloom sleeps with Hannibal though… =#
I can't blame her - Mads Mikkelsen is a charming sod :D

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:My favorite show is having it's 4th season finale today. It'll be missed until October. Anyone else here watch it?
Ahh, I actually stopped watching it mid-way through season three. I was struggling with it to be honest. For me, my main issue with The Walking Dead is that it's a television show with no end-game in sight. I think every story has to have something to build towards, a conclusion - and the people in charge of the show have no interest in that. It's just always going to be a band of people trying to survive in a dangerous world, and every season... there will be people who fail to survive. Sanctuary is found, and then that sanctuary falls, and then whoever has survived decides to move on and try again. Rinse and repeat, that's all it's ever going to be... and so far the characters haven't been interesting enough for me to say... "Yeah, okay, I'm invested in you. I'm going to keep watching to see how you turn out." - There was only a couple of truly good characters when I stopped watching (Carol being one of them) but that simply wasn't enough really.

I mean, not long ago the AMC CEO said that he thinks the show will still be on ten years from now, and long story short, I don't have interest in a cash-cow that AMC won't ever let go.

Negativity aside, I've actually heard that this season has been pretty decent and an improvement on the last couple of seasons. So, if you enjoy it, then that's cool :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Dan Dando wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:My favorite show is having it's 4th season finale today. It'll be missed until October. Anyone else here watch it?
Ahh, I actually stopped watching it mid-way through season three. I was struggling with it to be honest. For me, my main issue with The Walking Dead is that it's a television show with no end-game in sight. I think every story has to have something to build towards, a conclusion - and the people in charge of the show have no interest in that. It's just always going to be a band of people trying to survive in a dangerous world, and every season... there will be people who fail to survive. Sanctuary is found, and then that sanctuary falls, and then whoever has survived decides to move on and try again. Rinse and repeat, that's all it's ever going to be... and so far the characters haven't been interesting enough for me to say... "Yeah, okay, I'm invested in you. I'm going to keep watching to see how you turn out." - There was only a couple of truly good characters when I stopped watching (Carol being one of them) but that simply wasn't enough really.

I mean, not long ago the AMC CEO said that he thinks the show will still be on ten years from now, and long story short, I don't have interest in a cash-cow that AMC won't ever let go.

Negativity aside, I've actually heard that this season has been pretty decent and an improvement on the last couple of seasons. So, if you enjoy it, then that's cool :)
I know the show isn't everyone's cup of tea, and the formula for the show (and the comics which it's based off of) is kind of repetitive (like you point out) "and all it's every going to be" as you said. But i'm okay with that. I think a show like this is very interesting because you see how a world like this changes people, what those people end of having to do to survive, or not survive, the choices they make, etc. It's not just a show about killing zombies, it's a show about how people survive in a world like that. It makes me wonder about the choices I might make in a zombies apocalypse and I think that adds to the value as well. Sure I love seeing walker after walker get mowed down or devour redshirts and characters i'm invested in but it irks me when people complain there's too much character development, too much talking, too much drama, too much stupidity for some characters, etc, but that's what makes the show. If all it was was "kill zombies for 45 minutes" every episode it'd be over by season 1.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I know the show isn't everyone's cup of tea, and the formula for the show (and the comics which it's based off of) is kind of repetitive (like you point out) "and all it's every going to be" as you said. But i'm okay with that. I think a show like this is very interesting because you see how a world like this changes people, what those people end of having to do to survive, or not survive, the choices they make, etc. It's not just a show about killing zombies, it's a show about how people survive in a world like that. It makes me wonder about the choices I might make in a zombies apocalypse and I think that adds to the value as well. Sure I love seeing walker after walker get mowed down or devour redshirts and characters i'm invested in but it irks me when people complain there's too much character development, too much talking, too much drama, too much stupidity for some characters, etc, but that's what makes the show. If all it was was "kill zombies for 45 minutes" every episode it'd be over by season 1.
I know there's a sizeable portion of The Walking Dead fan-base who just watch the show for the gory zombie deaths, but I'm glad you're not one of those people, man. No one should ever complain about too much character development, you can never have enough character development - so, good on you there for feeling like that, man.

P.S. Your reasons for liking and watching the show sound perfectly fine to me. I suppose there's no right or wrong formula when it comes to television, and whilst I'm not really a big fan of shows like The Walking Dead where the show isn't about where the characters are going and more about where they are - I'm totally not suggesting that there is no value in the way that The Walking Dead operates. It's just, different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Dan Dando wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I know the show isn't everyone's cup of tea, and the formula for the show (and the comics which it's based off of) is kind of repetitive (like you point out) "and all it's every going to be" as you said. But i'm okay with that. I think a show like this is very interesting because you see how a world like this changes people, what those people end of having to do to survive, or not survive, the choices they make, etc. It's not just a show about killing zombies, it's a show about how people survive in a world like that. It makes me wonder about the choices I might make in a zombies apocalypse and I think that adds to the value as well. Sure I love seeing walker after walker get mowed down or devour redshirts and characters i'm invested in but it irks me when people complain there's too much character development, too much talking, too much drama, too much stupidity for some characters, etc, but that's what makes the show. If all it was was "kill zombies for 45 minutes" every episode it'd be over by season 1.
I know there's a sizeable portion of The Walking Dead fan-base who just watch the show for the gory zombie deaths, but I'm glad you're not one of those people, man. No one should ever complain about too much character development, you can never have enough character development - so, good on you there for feeling like that, man.

P.S. Your reasons for liking and watching the show sound perfectly fine to me. I suppose there's no right or wrong formula when it comes to television, and whilst I'm not really a big fan of shows like The Walking Dead where the show isn't about where the characters are going and more about where they are - I'm totally not suggesting that there is no value in the way that The Walking Dead operates. It's just, different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
Yeah well you can't satisfy everyone no matter how hard you try. Hell I don't even know if the show will still be watchable for me even a season or two down the line but right now I have no issues.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Am I the only one who wasn't disappointed with the finale of How I Met Your Mother (besides the fact that it was rushed)?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I was not disappointed (other than it being rushed, of course). I thought it was a beautiful ending, and that scene with Barney and blank (spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched it) was absolutely precious.