The Official ''Favorite TV Show'' Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: The Official ''Favorite TV Show'' Thread

Post by AHart96 »

Hope you enjoy. There's a lot to get through
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Decay

Post by Decay »

I know, I'll probably start watching it when I've got nothing better to do, haha. Let's say when I'm on a Spring break or when I finish with high school this Summer.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Surprised someone listing Dexter / Lost / Prison Break could have not heard of 24, If you like those then 24 is a good idea (based on those are some of my favourite shows). 24 was hugely influential on dramas in the 00's - my understanding is it was to "network dramas" what The Sopranos was to "cable dramas", in that it really set the standard for what could be done in a drama.

First three seasons are amazing, the rest is good watching but it declined a bit as it gets a bit more repetitive (although Season 5 struck gold again and is considered one of the best).

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

RuRo wrote:First three seasons are amazing, the rest is good watching but it declined a bit as it gets a bit more repetitive (although Season 5 struck gold again and is considered one of the best).
I can pretty much agree with this, although I personally highly enjoyed Seasons 7&8
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Hcq4IX7qIm4[/youtube]
Here's the new trailer for Hannibal: Season Two (word of warning, it's very spoilery)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

It looks crazy! I'm looking forward to the fight between Hannibal and Crawford.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Inconquerable wrote:It looks crazy! I'm looking forward to the fight between Hannibal and Crawford.
I've got a feeling that maybe that's a mis-direct - like I think that maybe Will Graham is either dreaming or imagining that whole fight/scenario, because I doubt they'd spoil such a major scene so early. But then I could be very wrong :lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Dan Dando wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:It looks crazy! I'm looking forward to the fight between Hannibal and Crawford.
I've got a feeling that maybe that's a mis-direct - like I think that maybe Will Graham is either dreaming or imagining that whole fight/scenario, because I doubt they'd spoil such a major scene so early. But then I could be very wrong :lol
That's probably true actually in hindsight, that's a massive thing to put out there so early. Good call! I just can't wait to see what happens. It looks like Will is going to stuck in the hospital for the criminally insane for a good chunk of the season which will be interesting.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Inconquerable wrote:That's probably true actually in hindsight, that's a massive thing to put out there so early. Good call! I just can't wait to see what happens. It looks like Will is going to stuck in the hospital for the criminally insane for a good chunk of the season which will be interesting.
Ooo, it looks like I may have been wrong, mate. Basically, check out this article...

http://www.avclub.com/article/hannibal- ... ven-107080

“Much of the talk revolved around the sequence that opens the season premiere, which I’ll try to talk around a bit (though, again, if you watch the trailer, you’ll know what it is instantly). The sequence, which is between Fishburne and Mikkelsen, took around 20 hours to shoot. Fishburne opined that in a film, it might have taken two weeks, but on television, there’s no such luxury. Still, it looks terrific, and Fuller’s instinct to lead off the season with it—to give some sense of “instant gratification”—looks like a smart choice, given the sense of pace and inevitability it gives to the whole season.”

So I can only assume now that season two will essentially start with a flash-forward sequence where Hannibal tries to kill Crawford and then maybe Alana by the looks of it. And then it'll revert back to present day and the season will eventually build up to the conclusion of that opening flash forward.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Right now my favorite show is Almost Human. Fun futuristic buddy cop show.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Dan Dando wrote:Ooo, it looks like I may have been wrong, mate. Basically, check out this article...

http://www.avclub.com/article/hannibal- ... ven-107080

“Much of the talk revolved around the sequence that opens the season premiere, which I’ll try to talk around a bit (though, again, if you watch the trailer, you’ll know what it is instantly). The sequence, which is between Fishburne and Mikkelsen, took around 20 hours to shoot. Fishburne opined that in a film, it might have taken two weeks, but on television, there’s no such luxury. Still, it looks terrific, and Fuller’s instinct to lead off the season with it—to give some sense of “instant gratification”—looks like a smart choice, given the sense of pace and inevitability it gives to the whole season.”

So I can only assume now that season two will essentially start with a flash-forward sequence where Hannibal tries to kill Crawford and then maybe Alana by the looks of it. And then it'll revert back to present day and the season will eventually build up to the conclusion of that opening flash forward.
Oh good find. Very clever stuff by Fuller, the guy is clearly some kind of genius. I feel like this will be another season that will be great as it happens, but even better still when watched as a whole on the DVD. My excitement for the premiere has tripled at least by now!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Inconquerable wrote:Oh good find. Very clever stuff by Fuller, the guy is clearly some kind of genius. I feel like this will be another season that will be great as it happens, but even better still when watched as a whole on the DVD. My excitement for the premiere has tripled at least by now!
That's a very good point, about watching it as a whole. I think the structure of this season will lend itself brilliantly to that as I think it's less... freak/murder of the week... this year - it's a bit more like a complete story at times apparently.

Purely out of curiosity, have you watched any of Fuller's other shows? I've heard great things about... Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Dan Dando wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Oh good find. Very clever stuff by Fuller, the guy is clearly some kind of genius. I feel like this will be another season that will be great as it happens, but even better still when watched as a whole on the DVD. My excitement for the premiere has tripled at least by now!
That's a very good point, about watching it as a whole. I think the structure of this season will lend itself brilliantly to that as I think it's less... freak/murder of the week... this year - it's a bit more like a complete story at times apparently.

Purely out of curiosity, have you watched any of Fuller's other shows? I've heard great things about... Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls.
Yeah that's what it sounds like. I think the murder of the week thing was necessary to develop the trust and relationship between Will and Hannibal, but now that that's gone to hell, I think putting more emphasis on the story is a good route. I hope they get to the Red Dragon period. I just watched that movie for the first time a few months ago (maybe November) and I absolutely loved it. I'm curious to see how/if they would incorporate Will into Silence of the Lambs as well, but I think I'm more interested in seeing Red Dragon play out now that we have a backstory to it.

I haven't actually but I've heard good things about them as well. I don't have Netflix but I wonder if they would be on there to check out. It would be cool to see what he does outside of this gruesome psychological genre.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Pushing Daisies is great. Classic example of a show too good and too unique to not be cancelled.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Just caught up on the last episode of the 8th season of How I Met Your Mother. So many things and cliffhangers are happening!!!!!!! I didn't think it was going to end like that, but wow, what a good solid season finale. I'm going to need to catch up on the 1st couple episodes of season 9 in the next couple of days.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

true detective seems pretty good

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

True Detective's intro sequence is such a winRAR

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Violent Corpse wrote:True Detective's intro sequence is such a winRAR
Isn't it just?! :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FxXRkqXfhYM[/youtube]

I'm really enjoying it at the moment. It's one of the best shows on television right now, and McConaughey/Harrelson are both terrific in their roles.

I love this scene from episode three.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/_RfUj09pWfM[/youtube]

Decay

Post by Decay »

Watched the first episode of True Detective and really liked it. It is a great show, starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson... This show can't do no wrong!

I'm also looking forward to watching a continuation of The Following.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Anyone ever watch the HBO prison series "Oz"?
Its pretty much just like Lost but a prison setting. Alot of characters from Oz are in lost too. I reccomend the series to anyone. Very brutal and graphic prison shoe with a story that grabs you quick.