Back of the Net! - The Football Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
RavishingRik
On The Rail

Re: Back of the Net! - The Football Thread

Post by RavishingRik »

:lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

Damn, I missed it, too :lol

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

He called soccer football...hahhhaha

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Because you kick a ball with your foot in it. Not like your lot's rugby with padding.
For all of the hope that it brings...

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Ubik wrote:Because you kick a ball with your foot in it. Not like your lot's rugby with padding.
:yeahthat

Decay

Post by Decay »

Rugby/American Football? What the hell is that shit? Is that even a game? If it is, it's silly. They have those silly caps and jumping on each other like a bunch of queers.
It's a fucking blasphemy that the REAL Football game is being called Soccer by many. What the hell?

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Bendtner is world's greatest striker!

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ofc he is, along with that two left-feet Torres.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Decay wrote:Ofc he is, along with that two left-feet Torres.
Never did I think I'd see Bendtner and Torres mentioned in the same vein. Oh, how.. things have changed :lol Although Bendtner is still nowhere near Torres' level.

Decay

Post by Decay »

They both suck :lol

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I'd have to go with Tony Cottee as the world's best striker, although that was back in the 1980's

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Decay wrote:They both suck :lol
Re: Torres - Being a Liverpool fan... he's obviously not my favourite person in the world but that's a teensy bit harsh in my opinion, he scored 22 goals last year. Obviously he's nowhere near his Atletico Madrid/Liverpool days... but he's still a decent striker, and he still shows flashes of brilliance every now and then (Europa League final against Benfica/Super Cup against Bayern) I think when it comes to strikers that suck... you have to look at players like Danny Graham and Marouane Chamakah :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

Never heard of those two (but I think Chamakah played for Arsenal), but I'll trust you they suck more than Torres. :lol

I know Torres isn't THAT bad, he's just not as nowhere near his Atl. Madrid/Liverpool days, like you said.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Torres is so sexy.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Damn. I can't believe I missed 'El Classico' yesterday. What the hell was I thinking?
Just watched the highlights and no wonder Barca won 2-1 over Madrid.
What in the bloody hell was Ancelotti thinking by putting Ramos as a midfielder?! And Lopez as a goalkeeper, seriously? Also, how the hell could Khedira play instead of Benzema or Isco?! You suck, Ancelotti. The 'keep everyone happy' strategy ain't working anymore. Get your shit together, old man.

I hate Barca, though.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Dan Dando wrote:Re: Torres - Being a Liverpool fan... he's obviously not my favourite person in the world but that's a teensy bit harsh in my opinion, he scored 22 goals last year. Obviously he's nowhere near his Atletico Madrid/Liverpool days... but he's still a decent striker, and he still shows flashes of brilliance every now and then (Europa League final against Benfica/Super Cup against Bayern) I think when it comes to strikers that suck... you have to look at players like Danny Graham and Marouane Chamakah :lol
Those figures are helped by playing in the Europa though, still hasn't scored 10 in the league for Chelsea. Amazing considering he was just about the best striker in the world when he was at Liverpool.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote:
Dan Dando wrote:Re: Torres - Being a Liverpool fan... he's obviously not my favourite person in the world but that's a teensy bit harsh in my opinion, he scored 22 goals last year. Obviously he's nowhere near his Atletico Madrid/Liverpool days... but he's still a decent striker, and he still shows flashes of brilliance every now and then (Europa League final against Benfica/Super Cup against Bayern) I think when it comes to strikers that suck... you have to look at players like Danny Graham and Marouane Chamakah :lol
Those figures are helped by playing in the Europa though, still hasn't scored 10 in the league for Chelsea. Amazing considering he was just about the best striker in the world when he was at Liverpool.
Yeah, I suppose you're quite right there. Plus I guess 22 goals isn't that great considering he played more than 60 games last year and he had the likes of Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Lampard trying to assist him. Maybe he was more in his element at Liverpool as... besides Gerrard... he was the only star-man in an attacking sense, but then he had some unpleasant injuries towards the end of his time at Liverpool which hurt his speed a little.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Decay wrote:Damn. I can't believe I missed 'El Classico' yesterday. What the hell was I thinking?
Just watched the highlights and no wonder Barca won 2-1 over Madrid.
What in the bloody hell was Ancelotti thinking by putting Ramos as a midfielder?! And Lopez as a goalkeeper, seriously? Also, how the hell could Khedira play instead of Benzema or Isco?! You suck, Ancelotti. The 'keep everyone happy' strategy ain't working anymore. Get your shit together, old man.

I hate Barca, though.
What's wrong with Lopez?

Decay

Post by Decay »

He's nowhere near to Casillas' league

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

He's been in ridiculously good form for several months, it's no coincidence that both Mourinho and Ancelotti both had him starting. Kept Real in it against United last season.