The Movie Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
luke62
White Knuckled

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by luke62 »

The Dark Knight Rises.....I've never been more jacked to see a movie this summer

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Jhenrid wrote:How long you been working at a movie theatre? I work at one too but I've unfortunately have become jaded for several different reasons. Last movie I saw was battleship, I plan on going to see Prometheus sometime this week if my sister stops flaking out on me.
I've been working there for a little over a year. I'm considering applying for the new assistant manager position.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

luke62 wrote:The Dark Knight Rises.....I've never been more jacked to see a movie this summer
It will probably give even "The Avengers" a run for its money. I'm so excited for it. And fortunately I'll be on vacation when it comes out so I don't have to work its opening weekend, which is going to be nuts. :D

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

I saw Prometheus when it came out. It was pretty awful. I might be checking out Spider-Man next, all though it donesn't look that great either.

Pretty excited for Batman. The teaser trailer for Man of Steel is supposed to air in front of TDNR.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I actually havent seen The Avengers yet!! How slack am i..??!!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I'm interested in seeing the new Total Recall remake. Also, Dredd looks interesting. Can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises! I'll go see spiderman too.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Oh, haven't seen Prometheus yet. Still gotta go see that.
Photobucket cash grab.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Can't believe The Dark Knight Rises took till page 2 to be mentioned. That's the big one I'm really looking forward to this year -- haven't been real big on the Marvel comics movies over the years (with the exception of Spidey) but I love me some DC movies. Kinda looking forward to Man of Steel next year too.

I wanted to get out and see MIB3 but missed it when it was here in my little town. Gotta see if it's still playing around here anywhere...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Man, I almost never go to the movies, especially since I got Netflix a few years ago. I just can't justify a $12 ticket (or, realistically, a pair of $12 tickets), when I could easily wait a few months.

I recently went to see The Dictator though, which was better than my very low expectations.

Heretic
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Heretic »

The Avengers is good, yeah. I'm really looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit, Brave, and perhaps even The Great Gatsby.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i just buy the AMC tickets through work for $7.50 and they're the gold ones so they work on new releases too.

forgot about Man of Steel, wish that was still coming out this year!! big Superman fan, so i'm looking forward to it. he's been absent on the film scene for a while. didn't care too much for Superman Returns.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ah yeah Man Of Steel too!!

"Friends With Kids" is just coming out in the UK cinemas... I downloaded a DVDRIP of it in April... Love how on the ball we are here, even if it is an absolute pile of wank.

Has anyone noticed Jason Segel appears to be in loads of shit comedies, several times a year? They make WAY too many mediocre comedies nowadays.. I like the epic movie releases this year though, big things coming this summer!

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

I'm going to see "Brave" tonight at midnight. It's Pixar so my expectations are high. Love every movie Pixar has done, even "Cars 2" which most people didn't like as much as the others.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

best movie i've seen in a while has to be Project-X. I watched it with my brother and it was just so good, one of the kids in it is hilarious and the actual party itself looks insane

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Saw "Brave" last night as I said I would. I enjoyed it. Not my favorite Pixar movie (that goes to "Finding Nemo") but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. The short film at the beginning of it, titled "La Luna," was fantastic.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

luke62 wrote:The Dark Knight Rises.....I've never been more jacked to see a movie this summer
28 days :) Can't wait.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ASQqjK47c04[/youtube]

superkust
Brand New Start

Post by superkust »

I would say my favorite movie is Into The Wild and I would love to watch another movie like that... Is there anything similar ??

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Tom wrote:best movie i've seen in a while has to be Project-X. I watched it with my brother and it was just so good, one of the kids in it is hilarious and the actual party itself looks insane
Saw it last night. Hated it. Probably because I'm not one who really enjoys the whole partying scene.. that and I saw more than enough boob.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

There's loadsa tits in it? Might give it a watch.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Yep. Lots of floating boobies. You figure it out.