What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by gbruin »

Anyone watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel? I fell into it because my wife started watching it, but it's really witty and intelligent and funny. Season 3 just came out on Amazon Prime video. It's a great series.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

gbruin wrote:Anyone watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel? I fell into it because my wife started watching it, but it's really witty and intelligent and funny. Season 3 just came out on Amazon Prime video. It's a great series.
The Mrs and I always say we should start watching it but we never know anybody that watched the show who could give us feedback on it. Happy to find someone! This is why you're my favorite.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Except for you. And Timo

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote:This is why you're my favorite.
Ah, thanks, but it is a pretty low bar here. :shifty

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

Bob's Burgers.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Toss some shade at your witcher...

Post by gbruin »

Binge watched The Witcher, then had to go back and rewatch it because of all the time jumps to really figure it out. It's a pretty creative and entertaining series, and very well produced. Really good CGI. It's kind of a poor man's Game of Thrones to me (though there are probably some fantasy fans who have a much more accurate comparison) but if you're comparing to GoT, you're doing something right. Henry Cavill as Fabio/Superman is a really likable and surprisingly relatable anti-hero. Magic allows the writers to create and then extract themselves from a lot of plot improbabilities (like pretty much any fantasy story), but if you just roll with it, it's a lot of fun.

Gotta laugh though at when Geralt finally meets up with his destined Ciri, the first thing she does is badger him about another woman. In that way, it translates perfectly to modern day life as well.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Great series

Post by gbruin »

Yay. They did a S2 of Sex Education! I hadn't heard this was coming out so I was really happy to find it was just released on Netflix. It's a really clever and enjoyable series with really likable characters. I will say that S2:E1 really worried me as it had a whole bunch of over the top ridiculousness that totally went against the subtle themes that made S1 so good and enjoyable and essentially believable, but by E2 it was back on track with good, believable, and compelling story lines.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, watching one of those NHL Outdoor stadium games. Kings vs the Avalanches at the Falcon Stadium which is a football stadium at the Air Force Academy in Colorado. This is quite a unique setting to host an outdoor hockey game. I'm for it.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Micky wrote:
gbruin wrote:Anyone watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel? I fell into it because my wife started watching it, but it's really witty and intelligent and funny. Season 3 just came out on Amazon Prime video. It's a great series.
The Mrs and I always say we should start watching it but we never know anybody that watched the show who could give us feedback on it. Happy to find someone! This is why you're my favorite.
Wait what, did Micky Bobby get married?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

zazisaspaz wrote:
Micky wrote:
Wait what, did Micky Bobby get married?
:shifty

Also, been binge watching 60 Days In, this show is crazy lol
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Narcos: Mexico - Season 2!!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Peaky Blinders - a BBC/Netflix series about a Birmingham street gang/crime family in 1919. It takes a couple episodes to get into it but it's worth sticking with it. It's pretty enjoyable, and don't we all have some time to kill at home?

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Yessssssss! Oh we love the Peaky Boys! That and Sons of Anarchy are the only shows I’ve ever rewatched through three times and they’re just wonderfully, awfully, marvelous!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I've been watching Suits on Netflix. Great show. Know nothing about Law or Lawyers per se but the plot and character arcs are what keep me invested in it. Love me some Harvey Specter and Donna Paulson :D

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Joella and I just binged Tiger King, what a weird fucking show
Thanks Andy!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Just finished all six seasons of Grimm. My lady picked up the entire box set at a pawn shop. I went into it not expecting much, never being a fan of crime shows. Halfway through the first season I got hooked!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

REO, my first love.

Post by gbruin »

Binge watching Ozark. I've heard people talking about it for a couple years, but when I heard that S3E3 was named in honor of Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon, I was in.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Maybe "Black Cats" isn't really the mascot they want to go with...

Post by gbruin »

I just watched the two seasons of Sunderland 'Til I Die. Someone had the brilliant foresight to do an Office/fly-on-the-wall style documentary of the English football club Sunderland A.F.C., with recurring interviews with the front office, players, and diehard fans during the 2017-18 season following their relegation from EPL to the Championship, and the mess following their humbling relegation is only the beginning of things. It's like a train wreck where you really love many of the passengers while simultaneously hoping others are horribly mangled in the crash and die. A second season follows their 2018-19 campaign and a whole new series of drama ensues. It's awesome and fascinating and I could not stop watching it.

As a lifelong hardcore fan of the continually deteriorating U.C.L.A. football program, I had a lot of sympathy with the long suffering Sunderland program and fans. I know that pain.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I’m watching Ace Ventura “When Nature Calls.”
Last edited by MaraCarr on Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I hope my assassin is that hot.

Post by gbruin »

Killing Eve S3 is back! Yay!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Currently watching the E60 Documentary called Project 11 based around Alex Smith and his recovery from his broken leg in 2018.

HOLY CRAP.

This doc is powerful, really made you appreciate life. Alex Smith was always one of my top 10 QBs in the NFL, so seeing this story is incredible.

Highly recommend it!
Thanks Andy!