What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by MaraCarr »

Recently watched : Evil Dead Rise and John Wick 4. I absolutely loved them both!

Absolutely Sick Movie! I hope they do one of the Houses at HHN with this as the theme. It will scare the hell out of me! :) I can't wait!

Wick 4 had some great fight scenes, but nothing beats the first one. :)

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:49 pm

Some of the scenes were awesome (the top-down house gun fight with the dragon's breath, the fights on the Arc du Triumph) but man is it too long. You could have cut the length of most of the fight scenes in half and it would have been a tighter and more fun movie to watch.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Crumbso wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:37 am
MaraCarr wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:49 pm

Some of the scenes were awesome (the top-down house gun fight with the dragon's breath, the fights on the Arc du Triumph) but man is it too long. You could have cut the length of most of the fight scenes in half and it would have been a tighter and more fun movie to watch.
I agree totally …the first time I watched it was in the theater after a few beers. I went to sleep in that nice theater recliner and woke up when everyone was leaving and the credits were rolling!

I watched it again at home drinking ice water and enjoyed it more and also discovered that the movie continues after the credits for a final scene.

I loved the stairway fight scene when she climbed up the guys back with knives… crazy violence but so creative !

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:34 am
Dan Dando wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:37 pm Columbo. Always Columbo.
Good stuff :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Still waiting for Severance S2 ultimately

Post by zazthespaz »

Binged a couple of shows in the last few days. First was Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. I don't normally go for law shows but this was done really well! I didn't realize it was based on the Michael Crichton book until a few eps in and had low expectations, but it did a good job keeping me thinking throughout. Right after that I watched Hijack on Apple and watched all 7 episodes in 2 days. Nonstop adrenaline rush from episode 1 straight up until the end. The left a couple of loose/sloppy ends but they didn't take away from my experience. Watching Silo on Apple now, 2 episodes in and I'm intrigued to see where it goes. Not as excited as I was with the other two shows but will definitely finish it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

My 6 year old has recently found the wonders of Spongebob. Now, I was born a little too early to really be up on kids' shows when Spongebob was in its prime, so I've never really watched it before. So here we are, binging Spongebob from the beginning. On the second season right now, but it's daunting seeing that there are almost 300 episodes to catch up on (and counting)!

But of course, I was watching the Vikings game before this. FINALLY got the first win of the year! Time to get it rolling...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TenaciousBe wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:54 pm My 6 year old has recently found the wonders of Spongebob. Now, I was born a little too early to really be up on kids' shows when Spongebob was in its prime, so I've never really watched it before. So here we are, binging Spongebob from the beginning. On the second season right now, but it's daunting seeing that there are almost 300 episodes to catch up on (and counting)!

But of course, I was watching the Vikings game before this. FINALLY got the first win of the year! Time to get it rolling...
For what it’s worth, the first three seasons are where all the iconic episodes and memes come from. The episodes get pretty bad later on so I’m not sure if I can recommend binging them all lol. I haven’t watched the show in years but the new stuff is pretty unrecognizable from its origins.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:58 pm
TenaciousBe wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:54 pm My 6 year old has recently found the wonders of Spongebob. Now, I was born a little too early to really be up on kids' shows when Spongebob was in its prime, so I've never really watched it before. So here we are, binging Spongebob from the beginning. On the second season right now, but it's daunting seeing that there are almost 300 episodes to catch up on (and counting)!

For what it’s worth, the first three seasons are where all the iconic episodes and memes come from. The episodes get pretty bad later on so I’m not sure if I can recommend binging them all lol. I haven’t watched the show in years but the new stuff is pretty unrecognizable from its origins.

My daughter (now 24) grew up watching it, she loves it so much that she knows all the dialogue of the funniest episodes. It never ceases to make me laugh. I love that show almost as much as I love her recreating it!

I’m presently watching the 2nd Annual MTV music awards. It’s great to go back in time and watch it all again. It’s on YouTube uncensored with Eddie Murphy hosting.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: i.e. I'm drinking green tea instead of coffee now! (yuck)

Post by zazthespaz »

Watched "Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zones" on Netflix, really interesting look into the lives of people around the globe where there are high concentrations of people living to 100+ years old. Obviously factors like diet and exercise play a role in their longevity, but it's built into their daily lives; they're not focused on getting exercise or eating specific foods. Society plays a surprising (to me) role in it too. Only 4 episodes each about 40 minutes so a quick watch. Definitely recommend giving it a shot, might pick up something beneficial for your life.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: i.e. I'm drinking green tea instead of coffee now! (yuck)

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:00 pm Definitely recommend giving it a shot, might pick up something beneficial for your life.

I used to be a vegetarian, I should have stayed a vegetarian. I looked and felt amazing. I love lemon tea you should try it. It purifies your blood and tastes so much better than green tea. There is a documentary on Netflix called "The Game Changers". It is awesome.

I recently watched "Talk to Me" it was very good, the ending is GREAT. (If you like horror)

I also recently went with my daughter to the theater to see Taylor Swift on the Big Screen. It is 2:48 minutes and I admit going in, I thought to myself, "How on earth am I going to get through this without a beer?" (Ha!) (I did seriously think that)

I have to say this... It was incredible. I cried twice; it takes a lot to make me cry in public. It was so touching and moving. The energy from a stadium filled with people translated into the theater with us and we felt the energy. It was phenomenal on the big screen. The fans were all dressed in sequins and glitter. The little girls coming into the theater with their moms in cute little sparkle dresses were so adorable. It put a huge smile on my face and warmed my dark and cold heart :/ .

She is a phenomenal entertainer and has overcome some very humiliating public moments when she could have quit and hid out with all the millions she made. I felt like she expressed this very publicly in this movie/concert and I got it. She actually performed it in reverse so that she reverted back to her acoustic innocence. It was touching and very relevant for anyone struggling to overcome negativity and hate in this world.

It spoke volumes.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I'm attempting to watch through the various forms of Neon Genesis: Evangelion.... this is me right now:

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Minnesota vs Iowa. Let's bring Floyd of Rosedale back home to MN!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Are You Ready For It?

Post by MaraCarr »

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/wIft-t-MQuE?si=sA-TtojTLS4zKevS[/YouTube]

Let The Games Begin! 🎸❤️

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Or maybe the ends justify the means? lol

Post by gbruin »

TenaciousBe wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:55 pm Minnesota vs Iowa. Let's bring Floyd of Rosedale back home to MN!
You gotta at least feel a little bad how that ended, right?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm sorry. 🤣🤣
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

But the B-17 sure is a gorgeous aircraft

Post by gbruin »

Just watched the first 2 eps of Masters of the Sky.

It's a pretty noble subject and a begins as a reasonable effort to replicate the excellent Band Of Brothers, but 2 episodes in and it's already over-Hollywooded with Top Gun level cheesy dialog (Let's rack 'em up and knock 'em down :facepalm ) and edited too tightly to let the story and characters properly and necessarily evolve, esp considering the time wasted by Spielberg's pervasive trademark of sweeping grand scenery with overlying serious French horn theme music. It's pretty to look at but is missing so much substance. Sigh.

This is another example of how legit documentaries of real world events are virtually always better than movies (see: Oppenheimer, Dunkirk, Napoleon, Stalingrad, Flowers of the Killer Moon, etc...)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Lately I've watched

Reacher Seasons 1 & 2
Gen V
Invincible Seasons 1 & 2

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Im currently on Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1. Outside of Attack on Titan and Highschool of the Dead I think this is only the third anime I've ever seen :lol Not counting the odd Pokemon or YuGiOh episode when I was in elementary.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

My favorite ladies! 😍😍
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs