What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Dan Dando »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:04 pm
Andy92 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:56 am After the failure to have Han, Luke and Leia share at least one scene together in The Force Awakens, I decided that was enough Disney Star Wars for me. Haven't watched any of it since. Lol.
Sequels had a lot of dumb choices but if you liked Star Wars before Disney took it over, you’d enjoy the current Disney+ shows like The Mandalorian. The cartoons add a lot of cool lore to the world too. I know Lucas worked on The Clone Wars before selling the franchise, but Disney’s first cartoon series, Star Wars Rebels, was another one I enjoyed a lot.
Agreed. If you like classic, pre-Disney Star Wars, watch Mandalorian.
If I wasn't such a stubborn man I'd watch it just for Timothy Olyphant's appearances. Love that guy. Justified is a favourite of mine.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: When I’m done with Jonesy’s mom

Post by zazthespaz »

MaraCarr wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:38 pm
gbruin wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:05 pm Shoresy was hilarious. Love how Jared really expanded that character.
Yes …it had just the right mix of humor, action, romance, sadness and joy! Incredible movie! 😊

Those unexpected twists… I loved the most!
I really want to see it again!
I thought it was a series?

Glad to hear it’s good though, was afraid the blueness of it may be too much, but I’ll give it a shot sometime soon!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Pitter patter, zaz, go get at 'er

Post by gbruin »

It is a series, and it actually felt a bit less raunchy and outrageous than Letterkenny.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Stranger Things' continued popularity baffles me. Sure, the first season was good fun... but it's been going downhill ever since.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Only season three was a bit less good, in my opinion. I'm about to start the last episode of season 4, and I think it's been fantastic so far.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Professor Tricia must've been talking with the writers.

Post by zazthespaz »

I think the first season was great for it's novelty and uniqueness. They've used the same format for the rest of the seasons I think which makes it a little less exciting I think, but the series still does a good job of storytelling with balanced suspense and humor. Watching this last season, I think there's some plot holes and excessive attempts at humor at times, but overall, still a lot better than 90% of what's on national TV.
gbruin wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:09 pm It is a series, and it actually felt a bit less raunchy and outrageous than Letterkenny.
That's real surprising! I tried watching it on my ipad the other day and the app kept crashing so I'll have to give it another shot later.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Professor Tricia must've been talking with the writers.

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:02 am I think the first season was great for it's novelty and uniqueness. They've used the same format for the rest of the seasons I think which makes it a little less exciting I think, but the series still does a good job of storytelling with balanced suspense and humor. Watching this last season, I think there's some plot holes and excessive attempts at humor at times, but overall, still a lot better than 90% of what's on national TV.
I think not knowing who any of the younger actors were was a big plus for that first season. Now I can't help but just see a bunch of millionaire youngsters playing dress-up really. Perhaps I'm being too cynical though.

After that first season, I feel like they should have made season two the middle of the story, and then season three the end. They could have got it all done before puberty hit, lol.
Timotheus wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:15 am Only season three was a bit less good, in my opinion.
For me there was something off as soon as season two started. It might have completely lost me with that episode where Eleven joins the X-Men, lol.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: When I’m done with Jonesy’s mom

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:35 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:38 pm
gbruin wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:05 pm Shoresy was hilarious. Love how Jared really expanded that character.
Yes …it had just the right mix of humor, action, romance, sadness and joy! Incredible movie! 😊

Those unexpected twists… I loved the most!
I really want to see it again!
I thought it was a series?

Glad to hear it’s good though, was afraid the blueness of it may be too much, but I’ll give it a shot sometime soon!
It is a series but I was talking about "Top Gun" lol :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Shattered...

Post by MaraCarr »

Shattered...it's on Tubi network. It is free, no subscription necessary but there are a few commercials. Great movie, if you like Stephen King's
"Misery" its the exotic version. Really good...Kept me on the edge of my seat...I kept thinking to myself.."Bless His Heart, He might not make it!"

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTwysUjIpO8[/YouTube]

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Crossroads

Post by MaraCarr »

It’s Free on Peacock!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Tremonti… Live! I’ve missed them playing in the states. I got so used to being able to jump on a plane when I needed to. Today I was forced to resort to YouTube… to my surprise I got “Blessed” with an entire setlist!😊 I LOVE the setlist!❤️ I love them! ❤️

It’s awesome but not the same as being in the front row!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Great Collaboration!

😊

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Skinny dudes in spandex...yeah!

Post by gbruin »

Tour de France - Stage 1. LFG!!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Just finished the final episodes of Stranger Things.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Andy92 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:29 pm Just finished the final episodes of Stranger Things.
My girlfriend got me to watch all of it (seasons 1 to 4) in 7 days. Just watched episode 8. Tomorrow is when the finale comes in.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dolo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:33 pm
Andy92 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:29 pm Just finished the final episodes of Stranger Things.
My girlfriend got me to watch all of it (seasons 1 to 4) in 7 days. Just watched episode 8. Tomorrow is when the finale comes in.
That’s some real dedication to it :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just finished the season as well :bow
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Rewatching Enemy of the State. Imagine a kid watching this flick nowadays - their iPhone in hand as they watch a film from the 90s warning against the idea of a surveillance society.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Stranger Things...

Post by MaraCarr »

It reminds me of the 80's... Goonies..etc.

I like it! I just finished the first season and started on the second... but hearing all this hype about season four playing the full "Master of Puppets" song by Eddie, got me so curious. My daughter who is always ahead of me on these things made me watch Eddie playing "Master of Puppets" tonight. she is so thoughtful..she knows I'm behind....She said I'm going to show you just enough without spoiling it because I know you love Metallica. (I love her so much). It was an awesome clip!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Everything is Bigger in Texas ...

Post by MaraCarr »

They say everything is bigger in Texas ..even the Teslas' and the Chain Saws! :S
The New Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Netflix.
If you are a TCM fan it is pretty good... it has some twisted humor in it... My favorite scene is when they are partying on the bus and they all use their phones to film Leatherface as he enters the bus to kill them all. It is funny but also disturbing.

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMQHf1tnhs[/YouTube]