What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Ubik »

I wouldn't agree on quality, the Rohan part is probably my favourite one across the whole trilogy and Gollum is still an incredible achievement 20 years later, and it really nails the emotional climax with Sam and Frodo. Can agree the production was a bit of a mess though having watched the behind the scenes stuff :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:49 am I wouldn't agree on quality, the Rohan part is probably my favourite one across the whole trilogy and Gollum is still an incredible achievement 20 years later, and it really nails the emotional climax with Sam and Frodo. Can agree the production was a bit of a mess though having watched the behind the scenes stuff :lol
To be fair, I don't think the quality dips that much, it's only slight. Some of my favourite scenes are in parts two and three also. "White shores, and beyond..." comes to mind :)

Edit... Why not post it, eh?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: zaz was lazy(-ier than usual) this weekend.

Post by zazthespaz »

I binged The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window on Netflix this weekend with my mom. I knew a couple of comedians were in it so I thought it was going to be funny, but the first episode doesn't really start off that way. Over time though it become evident it's a satire of all "The Woman [preposition] the [noun]" books and gets funnier over time with a massive pay off in the end. Only 8 episodes about 20-30 minutes each.

Also started watching Murderville also on Netflix. Will Arnett plays a cop in a half hour procedural, but each episode has a famous actor come in to play the assistant detective, but the actor isn't given any lines and is forced to improv the whole thing. Makes for a lot of laughs, hope they make more. Marshawn Lynch was real impressive and funny so I hope they can bring in more celebrities like him who aren't actors trying to act in a role and just roll with it.

edit: Just read some Google reviews for The Woman... and there are people on it who clearly did not understand it was satire. If you've watched this, the 1 star reviews are worth a read :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I Spit On Your Grave!
Never forget the Bear Spray!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And now the fife solo!

Post by gbruin »

Caught the second season of Space Force. Not as great as the first season (but the first was such a hilarious surprise it would be hard to recapture that) but still really really good. Steve Carrell is just so damn funny.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Metaphors

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:42 pm Caught the second season of Space Force. Not as great as the first season (but the first was such a hilarious surprise it would be hard to recapture that) but still really really good. Steve Carrell is just so damn funny.
I adore Steve Carrell especially in “The Office”!

I watched a good movie with my kids (grown kids… young kids don’t need to see it!) this weekend if you like thrillers this is good and is based on a spiritual myth! It is new on HBO! The actor that played Lucas did an awesome job playing his role in the film!

Very Interesting…metaphorically speaking! :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

What is the last movie you watched?

Post by MaraCarr »

Open for Discussion…

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I consider the last REAL episode of the Walking Dead to be "No Way Out".

The show has fallen so far.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Crazy,Stupid,Love! It’s Great and Funny!!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Office horror? Is that a genre?

Post by zazthespaz »

I’m watching Severance on Apple+, absolutely love it. Anyone else watching/watched it? I’m struggling to describe it without spoilers, it’s kind of slow, but keeps the suspense high. I saw Stephen King raving about it on Twitter and it’s giving me strong King feels. Almost like Stephen King wrote about the office in Control (the video game for all 2 of you) before the game took place. The visuals and audio of Severance make me wonder if it was inspired by Control.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Office horror? Is that a genre?

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:37 pm I’m watching Severance on Apple+, absolutely love it. Anyone else watching/watched it? I’m struggling to describe it without spoilers, it’s kind of slow, but keeps the suspense high. I saw Stephen King raving about it on Twitter and it’s giving me strong King feels. Almost like Stephen King wrote about the office in Control (the video game for all 2 of you) before the game took place. The visuals and audio of Severance make me wonder if it was inspired by Control.
I have not but I like Stephen King, so I am interested. The book I read recently and have been squaking about, "Verity" reminded me of King or Rice, it will be a great film if directed well. Amazon is making the movie...I knew it. :cloud9

"Verity is a potential film based on the book of the same name, written by Colleen Hoover. In October 2021 it was announced that the project is currently in development at Amazon Studios with Nick Antosca and Alex Hedlund producing."

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGNxFJHCzk[/YouTube]

OH this is so crazy! I just found out Nick Antosca did the screenplay for "Antlers"...I think this film will be a good one. Good team of producers! :cheers Exciting...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Who wants to be my new BFF?

Post by zazthespaz »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:37 pm I’m watching Severance on Apple+, absolutely love it. Anyone else watching/watched it? I’m struggling to describe it without spoilers, it’s kind of slow, but keeps the suspense high. I saw Stephen King raving about it on Twitter and it’s giving me strong King feels. Almost like Stephen King wrote about the office in Control (the video game for all 2 of you) before the game took place. The visuals and audio of Severance make me wonder if it was inspired by Control.
I couldn't resist and binged the last 4 episodes of Severance last night. Suspenseful throughout and super exciting ending - someone please watch this cause I need someone to talk to about it :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I just watched the trailer for Severance, Cam. Maybe I'll check out a few episodes today and see if I like it :D

I'll have to remember to cancel my free trial of Apple TV+ afterwards tho :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: He won't like it.

Post by zazthespaz »

Yesss Shea. I just listened to a completely unrelated podcast where two of the hosts recommended it - enjoy!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I did like it.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Just finished season 1, zaz. :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And is your mind still racing like mine was?

Post by zazthespaz »

You watched the whole thing in one day?! All 9 episodes?! Dang, and I thought my 4 ep binge was impressive :lol

What'd you think?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: And is your mind still racing like mine was?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

SPOILERS BELOW
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:04 am You watched the whole thing in one day?! All 9 episodes?! Dang, and I thought my 4 ep binge was impressive :lol

What'd you think?
I did watch it all in one day yes :D :lol

I enjoyed it, I think it really grabbed my attention for the first 6-7 episodes but for some reason by the last 2 it kind of lost me/my attention. I dont know if that was the shows fault or mine tho :lol :/

I thought it was a well-written, directed, produced, acted, just overall made show.
I liked John Turturro/Irving and Adam Scott/Mark the most out of the cast. Dichen Lachman/Ms. Casey was another favorite.

Cinematography, Sound design, atmosphere was all excellent.

I dont know if I really have any specific or individual points I want to make about the show in regards to what happend in those 9 hours, though. Unless you do? :lol

Although, I will say that the reveal that Ms. Casey, who was actually Marks thought-to-be-deceased wife (and his soul reason for severance in the first place) was alive this whole time is a good twist I did not see coming but I hope that they can find a way to reconnect and fight Severance together in s2 or something :lol

The cliffhanger season ending is one of the most annoying (in a good way, I cant wait to see how s2 starts!) Cliffhanger endings Ive seen in a TV show in a while :lol

I will definitely be getting another subscription to watch season 2 when it comes out in the future!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or, better than some. *cough*:shifty

Post by zazthespaz »

Shea I edited your post since you gave 0 warning about the major spoilers you reveal :lol :eyeroll

Spoiler alert; agreed on the cliffhanger ending. Really though they’d wrap it up in the final episode but kind of excited to see that whole scenario get fleshed out in a (hopeful) whole season. The Mark/Ms. Casey relationship was a cool twist but for some reason Helly’s outie persona was a bigger twist to me, really want to see how that storyline goes.

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for giving validation to my opinion that I make good recommendations :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Since the final season of Better Call Saul just started up this week, I've been working on catching up on the show -- I know I started it a couple years ago, got through a couple seasons or so before getting distracted and not finishing/catching up. So my wife and I watched all of season 1 last week, just starting on season 2. It's basically how I did with Breaking Bad as well, had missed the boat for the first few years before finally giving in, binging the whole thing just in time for the final season. Hopefully we can get caught up on BCS before too much of this current season is done, I'd love to be all up ons with everyone else when the finale hits.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Run for the Border…

Post by MaraCarr »

Purge Forever.
Good Movie. Interesting twist.