What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hey network execs, just copy all UK shows

Post by zazthespaz »

Discovered Taskmaster clips on Youtube and have been watching a lot of them - some are lackluster but most give me a good chuckle. Makes me jealous the UK has such a fun and creative show, would love to see something like this done for the US done well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: makes sense when you see the video

Post by Timotheus »

Taskmaster is amazing!

"There's strength in arches!"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: FTR, I have been paying attention to the AB section.

Post by zazthespaz »

It makes me happy that Timo of all people knew what I was talking about. I feel justified.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:05 pm Discovered Taskmaster clips on Youtube and have been watching a lot of them - some are lackluster but most give me a good chuckle. Makes me jealous the UK has such a fun and creative show, would love to see something like this done for the US done well.
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country" - the absolute cheek of it
For all of the hope that it brings...

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Ubik wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:26 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:05 pm Discovered Taskmaster clips on Youtube and have been watching a lot of them - some are lackluster but most give me a good chuckle. Makes me jealous the UK has such a fun and creative show, would love to see something like this done for the US done well.
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country" - the absolute cheek of it
I love you...Ubik! :hug

I just watched a bewitching tale on HBO Max...called NIGHT HOUSE...(Not for those who scare easily)
Great Movie! I think it could have ended better...but it was still good!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Crumbso »

Better Call Saul. Damn I love this show, more consistently enjoyable than Breaking Bad and there is some damn good acting. Plus, I might be slightly in love with Rhea Seehorn. :lol
Last edited by Crumbso on Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:59 am Damn this quote button!
You'd think after like 15 years of this board I could distinguish between the edit and the quote buttons.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Rhea spinoff of a spinoff?

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:26 pm "The uploader has not made this video available in your country" - the absolute cheek of it
:lol how does that even work!?
Crumbso wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:59 am Better Call Saul. Damn I love this show, more consistently enjoyable than Breaking Bad and there is some damn good acting. Plus, I might be slightly in love with Rhea Seehorn. :lol
So glad it's back! Excited to see how this wraps up and ties into Breaking Bad, but sad to see it go. +1 to the Rhea Seehorn comment too :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Rhea spinoff of a spinoff?

Post by Crumbso »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:28 pm So glad it's back! Excited to see how this wraps up and ties into Breaking Bad, but sad to see it go. +1 to the Rhea Seehorn comment too :lol

Everybody needs someone who can go to bat for them like Kim :hug

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

A Star Is Born!

Post by MaraCarr »

Amazing Movie! So much Talent!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Motley Crue!

Post by MaraCarr »

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Top Gun! Maverick

Post by MaraCarr »

Great movie! Go see this one! Awesome!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Fuck you, Shoresy! Why?!

Post by gbruin »

Shoresy was hilarious. Love how Jared really expanded that character.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Fuck you, Shoresy! Why?!

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:05 pm Shoresy was hilarious. Love how Jared really expanded that character.
Yes …it had just the right mix of humor, action, romance, sadness and joy! Incredible movie! 😊

Those unexpected twists… I loved the most!
I really want to see it again!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Watched the first two episodes of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show on Friday.

Overall, think it's mid so far, but I like the direction it's going, the story has good bones.

However... the ending of episode 2 in the series... DAMN!!! Awesome last 3 minutes.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:58 pm Watched the first two episodes of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show on Friday.

Overall, think it's mid so far, but I like the direction it's going, the story has good bones.

However... the ending of episode 2 in the series... DAMN!!! Awesome last 3 minutes.
After the failure to have Han, Luke and Leia share at least one scene together in The Force Awakens, I decided that was enough Disney Star Wars for me. Haven't watched any of it since. Lol.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dan Dando wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:56 am After the failure to have Han, Luke and Leia share at least one scene together in The Force Awakens, I decided that was enough Disney Star Wars for me. Haven't watched any of it since. Lol.
Sequels had a lot of dumb choices but if you liked Star Wars before Disney took it over, you’d enjoy the current Disney+ shows like The Mandalorian. The cartoons add a lot of cool lore to the world too. I know Lucas worked on The Clone Wars before selling the franchise, but Disney’s first cartoon series, Star Wars Rebels, was another one I enjoyed a lot.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Selective technology

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:58 pm Watched the first two episodes of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show on Friday.

That recap at the beginning of E1 had me wondering...these people had mastered light speed hyperspace travel and space stations that could blow up planets and sentient droids and Jedi mysticism/mind control and the like, but then they were shocked when Padme had twins? What, no one had thought to invent an ultrasound?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Selective technology

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:33 pm

That recap at the beginning of E1 had me wondering...these people had mastered light speed hyperspace travel and space stations that could blow up planets and sentient droids and Jedi mysticism/mind control and the like, but then they were shocked when Padme had twins? What, no one had thought to invent an ultrasound?
Possible because she was hiding the pregnancy - so avoided going to any doctors for ultrasound. Had both a boy and girl name picked because she didn't know gender?

Edit: yes, this is from a YT video but it makes sense.
Last edited by AB4Lyfe on Mon May 30, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Andy92 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:56 am After the failure to have Han, Luke and Leia share at least one scene together in The Force Awakens, I decided that was enough Disney Star Wars for me. Haven't watched any of it since. Lol.
Sequels had a lot of dumb choices but if you liked Star Wars before Disney took it over, you’d enjoy the current Disney+ shows like The Mandalorian. The cartoons add a lot of cool lore to the world too. I know Lucas worked on The Clone Wars before selling the franchise, but Disney’s first cartoon series, Star Wars Rebels, was another one I enjoyed a lot.
Agreed. If you like classic, pre-Disney Star Wars, watch Mandalorian.

This show is decent so far, get classic SW vibes from it. However, I worry that this new Inquisitor character Reva will end up being the "main" character. They're pushing her hard.