What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Dan Dando »

DivCruz wrote:
Decay wrote: I don't have trouble writing 'em. That's my passion. They're coming out easily, just like when you're having diarrhoea. :lol
Damn! I wish it could come out of me just like that. Instead it tries to come out like a giant shit when it really just a pebble-small shit. teach me master :bow
Maybe you just have to be a bit harder on yourself, mate. So many people wait for creativity/inspiration to strike, but you really can't wait for your muse to show up on it's own - you have to make it show up. Stephen King writes 2,000 words every single day, he'll sit at his desk in his office and he won't step away from his desk until he's got his 2,000 words.

Obviously.. writing books is a different animal to song-writing, but I think you should try and implement a similar system. Commit to writing.. something/anything.. every single day (maybe even at the same time each day) - Sure, for the first few days you'll probably feel like you're forcing things and that your output isn't too great but after a short while your creativity will start showing up on a regular basis because you're being proactive.

Sorry to cut in by the way. I try to write quite a bit (although it's all naff) and I've found that this kinda thing has helped, treating the writing process like a class that I have to show up to every single day. Hope your luck improves, man :)

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Eh, I don't know, I like to leave stuff "cooking" in my mind, can't write every day.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Decay

Post by Decay »

I usually start a lyric to a song, sometimes I finish it the same day I started writing, sometimes I finish it a day, a week or a month later. Depends on my inspiration, really. But I don't wanna force things down. When I don't feel like writing and find my inspiration dry, I just call it a day.

Since 2010, I have written more than 150 songs. Too bad I suck at singing and guitar playing. FML

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Dan Dando wrote:
DivCruz wrote:
Decay wrote: I don't have trouble writing 'em. That's my passion. They're coming out easily, just like when you're having diarrhoea. :lol
Damn! I wish it could come out of me just like that. Instead it tries to come out like a giant shit when it really just a pebble-small shit. teach me master :bow
Maybe you just have to be a bit harder on yourself, mate. So many people wait for creativity/inspiration to strike, but you really can't wait for your muse to show up on it's own - you have to make it show up. Stephen King writes 2,000 words every single day, he'll sit at his desk in his office and he won't step away from his desk until he's got his 2,000 words.

Obviously.. writing books is a different animal to song-writing, but I think you should try and implement a similar system. Commit to writing.. something/anything.. every single day (maybe even at the same time each day) - Sure, for the first few days you'll probably feel like you're forcing things and that your output isn't too great but after a short while your creativity will start showing up on a regular basis because you're being proactive.

Sorry to cut in by the way. I try to write quite a bit (although it's all naff) and I've found that this kinda thing has helped, treating the writing process like a class that I have to show up to every single day. Hope your luck improves, man :)
Alright, I'm doing that now! I'll fill this notebook quite right. Thanks Dan! This would help, hopefully. :cheers

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Whenever something pops in my head, I write it. Don't give a shit if its good or bad, when I have time then I work it out. Just need to stay active and keep the ideas flowing
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Decay wrote:I usually start a lyric to a song, sometimes I finish it the same day I started writing, sometimes I finish it a day, a week or a month later. Depends on my inspiration, really. But I don't wanna force things down. When I don't feel like writing and find my inspiration dry, I just call it a day.

Since 2010, I have written more than 150 songs. Too bad I suck at singing and guitar playing. FML
That's a fair number!
I think I used to write a lot more before college. Somehow high school wasn't so time-consuming :lol I would scribble something in class usually, I wrote a lot of short stories, drawing the inspiration from some major things or influences. Things have changed.

I think we should have a topic for this.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Decay wrote:I usually start a lyric to a song, sometimes I finish it the same day I started writing, sometimes I finish it a day, a week or a month later. Depends on my inspiration, really. But I don't wanna force things down. When I don't feel like writing and find my inspiration dry, I just call it a day.

Damn, a hundred and fifty! For me, even when inspiration comes the words don't. The vocabulary part is where I suck I guess. I'm following Dan's advice. I remembered finishing a song overnight. That was magic but now, no more magic. I just don't have that Creative Diarrheoa anymore. :(

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Lotha wrote:

That's a fair number!
I think I used to write a lot more before college. Somehow high school wasn't so time-consuming :lol I would scribble something in class usually, I wrote a lot of short stories, drawing the inspiration from some major things or influences. Things have changed.

I think we should have a topic for this.
I was actually quite waiting for someone to make a thread about this. :lol (but why did not just make one? )

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

DivCruz wrote: I was actually quite waiting for someone to make a thread about this. :lol (but why did not just make one? )
Go ahead! I think you were the one who started this conversation anyway, so it's only fair you make it :D

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

DivCruz wrote:Alright, I'm doing that now! I'll fill this notebook quite right. Thanks Dan! This would help, hopefully. :cheers
No problem, man. There's no right or wrong way to do things, of course. So there's a chance this way might not bear fruits for you - but it's worth a try. You just have to keep going and find what works best for you really :)
Lotha wrote:Eh, I don't know, I like to leave stuff "cooking" in my mind, can't write every day.
Sounds good, m'lady. Whatever works best :)

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'm watching something on the Discovery channel my roommate left on, don't know why I haven't changed the channel yet.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The LA Kings vs the Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers, sometimes, scare me with their plays and surprises, despite them sucking for most of the season.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'm watching Coach Carter, it's been way too long since I've seen it.

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

Teen Wolf

Decay

Post by Decay »

About to watch WWE's Hell In A Cell, couldn't stay awake last night.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Decay wrote:About to watch WWE's Hell In A Cell, couldn't stay awake last night.
I recorded it, will try watching it later today If I can.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Avenged Sevenfold's 'Live In The LBC' DVD

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

This interview.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kb4mnNN0ffo[/youtube]

Man, this structure is the way Jeremy Clarkson would conduct his interviews on Top Gear, except this is a different show. I like it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Missed last night's RAW... Gonna watch it now

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

American Horror Story: Coven. This season has been brilliant so far
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!