What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:02 pm I, too, am watching various Olympic streams. My goodness, as I get older, the more I realize that I don't care much about the Summer games. Currently, I'm watching mixed Ping Pong and 3v3 half-court basketball.

Luckily, the Winter games is one year away and I enjoy that a lot better. I just hope the NHL can let their players in the Olympic games. The league will be kicking and screaming and doing whatever it takes to not make it happen for various reasons (some are actually reasonable).
Well, the 2021-22 schedule came to and there are no NHL games scheduled for the 3 weeks that cover the Olympics, but you're right that the GMs sure won't want their players going.

Just binged the final season of Shameless. I love the characters but they still make too many horrible and unrealistic decisions that it makes the show less entertaining and more frustrating than it ought to be. Great run, though.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I've been working nonstop lately so I haven't watched a lot of anything except patients...the last movie I watched was 4 Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. Its very funny! I love when they play the nativity at church. He is Hilarious. I laughed til I cried.

Just sayin...I have no idea when and where I was watching Rod Stewart on that last post..Too much "Slip to Void Lemonade" that night...although that is a good song, just wrong thread! I do apologize for the misplacement.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

They did it! This is such a beautiful thing to watch! WOW! If you haven’t watched the special documentary on how they make this car… it should be a priority… it’s so much more than just a car!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Definitely the wrong thread for this because it's not out for a year (!!!), but first image from the new Lord of the Rings series is out

I'm not totally clued up on the lore of the whole thing (lore of the rings? no?) but I'm seeing a couple of Trees there, and aren't they more a pre-first age thing? I thought the series was strictly limited to the second age, so I guess it may be a flashback/prologue. Anyway, slightly concerned Amazon are going to try and Game of Thrones it and it'll be deeply mediocre but I'll be watching day one either way.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Started watching Dexter a week ago. Dont know why it took so long for me to get around to it...might have something to do with having to subscribe to another streaming service :lol But I do like the premise of a serial killer who murders bad guys so Im enjoying it so far! :lol On Season 3 currently.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Dexter was interesting, I especially liked season 2 which diverged from the books a fair bit. Season 1 followed the first book very closely. After that point, the books and series are two different worlds with the show feeling like a more direct continuation of season 1 and the second book being more like an independent sequel.

I never watched the series past season 4 or 5... a lot of people say it went downhill in a big way, but I usually don't put much stock in that sort of opinion. I didn't even hate the last season or ending of Game of Thrones for example.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 pm Definitely the wrong thread for this because it's not out for a year (!!!), but first image from the new Lord of the Rings series is out

I'm not totally clued up on the lore of the whole thing (lore of the rings? no?) but I'm seeing a couple of Trees there, and aren't they more a pre-first age thing? I thought the series was strictly limited to the second age, so I guess it may be a flashback/prologue. Anyway, slightly concerned Amazon are going to try and Game of Thrones it and it'll be deeply mediocre but I'll be watching day one either way.
I’m half excited and half prepared to be disappointed lol. Tolkien was such an elegant writer in The Silmarillion and I have my doubts Amazon will do it much justice but I hope I’m wrong. Show is supposed to be Second Age is my understanding but they might show some earlier background in episode one as an intro.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: drrrrAAAAAMMAAAAAA!!! *jazz hands*

Post by zazthespaz »

I got up to about season 4 I think of Dexter. Is it just me or does all the acting in it suck?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:01 pm I’m half excited and half prepared to be disappointed lol. Tolkien was such an elegant writer in The Silmarillion and I have my doubts Amazon will do it much justice but I hope I’m wrong. Show is supposed to be Second Age is my understanding but they might show some earlier background in episode one as an intro.
I do need to get on and read all that other stuff, I want to be a proper nerd about it when it finally comes out and complain about inconsistencies.

Some thinking that the woman is Galadriel, and her narrating past events would be a nice tie in with the beginning of Fellowship. Guessing the bulk of the show is gonna be about Sauron being tricksy, though that may be a little anticlimactic.

Definitely best to temper the excitement at this point, but given it's cost almost half a billion dollars hopefully it'll at least look incredible.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:48 pmI do need to get on and read all that other stuff, I want to be a proper nerd about it when it finally comes out and complain about inconsistencies.

Some thinking that the woman is Galadriel, and her narrating past events would be a nice tie in with the beginning of Fellowship. Guessing the bulk of the show is gonna be about Sauron being tricksy, though that may be a little anticlimactic.

Definitely best to temper the excitement at this point, but given it's cost almost half a billion dollars hopefully it'll at least look incredible.
If you ever tackle The Silmarillion go into it realizing it is written in an older prose. It’s basically the Middle Earth Bible and tends to recite events not too far off of a King James translation of the Old Testament. With that being said the world building is fascinating and some of the stories are excellent. I tend to recommend not binge reading it though based on the style of the prose.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:59 pm If you ever tackle The Silmarillion go into it realizing it is written in an older prose. It’s basically the Middle Earth Bible and tends to recite events not too far off of a King James translation of the Old Testament. With that being said the world building is fascinating and some of the stories are excellent. I tend to recommend not binge reading it though based on the style of the prose.
Yeah I'd heard it was quite a bit drier and very grim with the influence from the trenches, largely why I've put it off for so long. Might try alternating with my Dune re-read and hope I don't get confused.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Joella and I just watched the new suicide squad movie. It was awesome!
Thanks Andy!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

GI Jane…

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I just watched Spiral! It’s good but you have to pay close attention to detail to get the best of it especially the ending!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Laughing at both the Brits and the rednecks always wins

Post by gbruin »

Finally got around to watching/catching up with Ted Lasso, now part way through its second season. It's great.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:59 pm If you ever tackle The Silmarillion go into it realizing it is written in an older prose. It’s basically the Middle Earth Bible and tends to recite events not too far off of a King James translation of the Old Testament. With that being said the world building is fascinating and some of the stories are excellent. I tend to recommend not binge reading it though based on the style of the prose.
Update - naming my first child Finrod.
Micky wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 pm Joella and I just watched the new suicide squad movie. It was awesome!
I was really hoping to make that my first trip to the cinema in 18 months, but still not crazy about going until I'm fully vaxxed. Pretty tired of superhero stuff in general but that just looks like a whole bunch of fun that doesn't take itself seriously. Glad you guys enjoyed!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Ubik wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:08 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 pm Joella and I just watched the new suicide squad movie. It was awesome!
I was really hoping to make that my first trip to the cinema in 18 months, but still not crazy about going until I'm fully vaxxed. Pretty tired of superhero stuff in general but that just looks like a whole bunch of fun that doesn't take itself seriously. Glad you guys enjoyed!
We actually watched it on HBOMax! Although both of us are vaxxed, with the rise of the Delta Variant, Joella (who is high risk) isn't crazy about going to theaters yet!
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: what is a "map"?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:02 pm Finally got around to watching/catching up with Ted Lasso, now part way through its second season. It's great.
Meant to respond to this earlier, my friends told me to watch season 1 while I stayed at their house and I binged it in a week. Season 2 has been just as enjoyable - I like having a mainstream comedy that isn't just predictable jokes back to back to back. Hope other networks take note.

Also been watching The Long Way Up on Apple TV+. It's about Ewan McGregor and his buddy riding fully electric Harleys up from the lower tip of South America to Los Angeles and the adventures and troubles along the way. I'm real impressed with how they are truly roughing it - they have to properly plan their trips to make sure they'll get somewhere that they can recharge in time, or turn around and go back to the last source of stable electricity. They really go through some hardships and talk with the locals along the way, it seems like a trip I'd enjoy making and Ewan's got a great personality that brightens the show up. There were two predecessor shows like this by the same pair done before that I'm excited to go back and watch after finishing this one.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

My coworker has convinced me to binge watch Breakin Bad with them. I’ve started on Episode 1!

I feel so bad for him, he is so unhappy on the first episode! That’s all I know right now!