What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
George
Loyal Follower

Re: Maybe "Black Cats" isn't really the mascot they want to go with...

Post by George »

gbruin wrote:I just watched the two seasons of Sunderland 'Til I Die. Someone had the brilliant foresight to do an Office/fly-on-the-wall style documentary of the English football club Sunderland A.F.C., with recurring interviews with the front office, players, and diehard fans during the 2017-18 season following their relegation from EPL to the Championship, and the mess following their humbling relegation is only the beginning of things. It's like a train wreck where you really love many of the passengers while simultaneously hoping others are horribly mangled in the crash and die. A second season follows their 2018-19 campaign and a whole new series of drama ensues. It's awesome and fascinating and I could not stop watching it.

As a lifelong hardcore fan of the continually deteriorating U.C.L.A. football program, I had a lot of sympathy with the long suffering Sunderland program and fans. I know that pain.
I have to watch that one...have been postponing for months.

I finished the season 5 of "Peaky Blinders" and started the "Barça" documentary about Futbol Clube Barcelona.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by cheesedip1 »

Anyone still watch the walking dead?

I gave up somewhere around season 7.

I still read what happens on Wikipedia but that’s it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

cheesedip1 wrote:Anyone still watch the walking dead?

I stopped watching it when Glenn was hit in the head and his eye popped out of its socket. I think it traumatized me... I liked him.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

cheesedip1 wrote:Anyone still watch the walking dead?

I gave the show another chance when I heard Rick left it...it made me curious.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Started Blacklist tonight. Show’s good so far, but damn does Spader steal any scene he’s in.

The Fucking Lizard King, Ultron, now this...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I didn’t like him as Ultron but he’s good in the Blacklist for sure. Although there’s a part of me that always looks at him and sees a little Robert California...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I think the walking dead jumped the shark during season 7. It just got old.

After season 6, they should have just wrapped it up with 1 or 2 more seasons and went out on a high note. Instead they chose to drag it out forever. With the time jump, it’s almost a different show now.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Just finished watching the finale of Defending Jacob on AppleTV. Never read the book so didn’t know how things finished up. Chris Evans does a great job throughout this show. If you have an AppleTV subscription, this one is worth a watch.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The History Channel just did a 3 part miniseries on the life of Ulysses S Grant. It was fantastic and finally provided some deserved praise and understanding to Grant's presidency, which has always been superficially criticized as being widely corrupt. Ron Chernow, who wrote the biography of Alexander Hamilton on which the musical was based, was one of the creators and authored an excellent bio on Grant that serves as the basis for the show. The details of Grant's path through the Civl War could fill 30 episodes, and the retelling of his presidency was a bit rushed, but the series was really really well done.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Been binge watching Mr Mercedes. Based off the Stephen King books. It’s great, it’s just a shame they did the books out of order as a season
Thanks Andy!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

“PyeWacket” independent film and supernatural story...on Hulu. It is really good.

It’s about a girl that practices black magic and performs a ritual spilling her own blood, to summon a spirit to kill for her. She does this out of anger and doesn’t truly think it will come ... she is surprised when it actually shows up!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I just went through S4 of 13 Reasons Why. I don't want to go too negative, but I thought it was pretty lame. I see what they were trying to get at but too many of the characters' actions were ridiculous and unbelievable and it made the whole season a mess. It's too bad. Season 1 was one of the best and most important TV series for/about high schoolers out there, but they've tried too hard to chase that level of quality and it's lagged ever since.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Started watching The Boys on Amazon Prime Video today. Only 3 or so episodes in but so far I like it. I like the concept of super heroes being super douches and having a tag team of normal dudes just wanting to take them out :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm about to start season 2. Liked season 1, mainly for Homelander, though his relationship with Elizabeth Shue took a bit of getting used to. You may not have got to that yet, Shea, so I won't spoil it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I'm about to start season 2. Liked season 1, mainly for Homelander, though his relationship with Elizabeth Shue took a bit of getting used to. You may not have got to that yet, Shea, so I won't spoil it.
I'm all caught up on the show now so no spoilers to worry about around me :lol :D I might be part of the mass audience in this department but I like Billy Butcher the most and hate Homelander with a passion :lol His relationship with Shue is definitely weird and I wasnt expecting it :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The kids binge watched Dexter for lack of anything else to do so I kind of kept an eye on it while they were watching. Evidently I kept enough of an eye on it to be furious with the finale. What a total load of rubbish.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Surprised G didn't say the Tour

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:The kids binge watched Dexter for lack of anything else to do so I kind of kept an eye on it while they were watching. Evidently I kept enough of an eye on it to be furious with the finale. What a total load of rubbish.
I'm finishing up season 3 now. I've never been one for cop shows, but the story behind this is kind of cool, but I hate the acting. I feel like everyone is so bad/over the top, especially the sister. I'm curious to see how it plays out and am trying to forget a major spoiler I accidentally read on my own (thanks Google suggestions) but I don't get the hype over it. (I also don't understand how shows like Law & Order and all their spin-offs have been on forever)

Curious about The Boys. Keep seeing ads for it now but never knew about it last year/season. If Ubik's on season 2 already, must be worth at least watching season 1 I guess.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

gbruin wrote:The kids binge watched Dexter for lack of anything else to do so I kind of kept an eye on it while they were watching. Evidently I kept enough of an eye on it to be furious with the finale. What a total load of rubbish.
It's been 7 years since I witnessed that load of rubbish and I'm still not over it. After season 4, they could've made a spectacular season 5, and ended the show on an extreme high, but nope...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

How I wish Phil could narrarate my daily activities.

Post by gbruin »

Timotheus wrote:
It's been 7 years since I witnessed that load of rubbish and I'm still not over it. After season 4, they could've made a spectacular season 5, and ended the show on an extreme high, but nope...
So it's not just me. Good. I'm in good company.

Today, like every day of the race, I'm watching the Tour de France. Local coverage began today at 4am. I got up at 3:55 and made a cappuccino and have been watching since the start. This is my favorite sporting event in the world - at least until the Avs win the Stanley Cup again.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Joella and I recently watched Beetlejuice. It was Joella's first time ever seeing it, and the first time I'd seen it in a few years.

I love that movie. I have fond memories of watching it with my dad when I was a kid (although, it's totally not a kids movie).

Joella wasn't crazy over it, but she's never been too big into Tim Burton movies.
Thanks Andy!