Bucket List

Talk about anything and everything here.
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Bucket List

Post by Fish Tacos »

Tomorrow is promised to no man!

What are a few things you'd love to accomplish if you were going to bite the dust in say...5 years? Money is no object.

- Buy and learn to play a PRS Custom 24 w/ Tremonti pickups with the goal of being able to cover all the ODR songs to a decent level of fidelity
- Prevent someone from making a horrible mistake
- Go on a missions trip to South America
- Visit Cinque Terre & Rome in Italy
- Get scuba certified and dive in the Caribbean
- Get a 150 gal reef tank up and running
- Get some species tanks running: octopus, cuttlefish, nudibranch, ray, clown breeder

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Bucket List

Post by AllC392Was »

-camp in the woods for a week and live off the earth
-climb a mountain
-learn to drive standard
-own a house
-Meet Alter Bridge
-kidnap Mark Tremonti (kidding..kind of)
-win the lottery

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

AllC392Was wrote: -learn to drive standard
Right before my coworker traded in his 200K+ mile POS, he let me learn how to drive stick on it. I was too afraid to take it out of the parking lot though cause I knew I didn't have enough of a hang of it yet. A 3 pt turn with a clutch would have blown my freaking mind!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Ive gotten quite a few important ones.
meet Mark Tremonti. 10-2-12 in Nashville.
see Creed live. 09 and 2010 Atlanta
Go to college. (Failed all my classes, got Dui, e for effort)
See Staind 09 w creed. 2011 headline with Adelitas Way, and 2012 with Godsmack and Halestorm
Seeing Alter Bridge will be marked off in Atlanta and Carolina Rebellion.
There's more but they're irrelevant and will cause me to catch flack. a la sex drugs and rock and roll.

My very highest goal is to be a UFC champ one day. Long shot to some maybe, but I'm quite skilled and train with some guys in the UFC. The foot is in the door, just gotta keep improving.

Okay I will say I once smoked a joint with Aaron fucking Lewis.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

My bucket list. Let's see.

See Alter Bridge at England (1st I got to see them in LA)
Take an epic roadtrip with someone I love.
Have a big heart-to-heart conversation with that same person I love.
Make the final table of the World Series of Poker main event and no-show the day of the final table just to piss people (2+2 forum news, views, and gossip community) off.
Sing a karaoke duet with that same person I love (yes, I like her that much, what of it?). It shall be either Words Darker than Their Wings or Watch Over You or something that she likes.

Also, like Austin, I have done some important ones.

Get serious in picking the major I will pursue in college education.
Watch the LA Kings win the Stanley Cup (on tv, not in person at Staples Center, sadly).

Edit: I can't believe I typed budget and left it there for about two hours. I am that cheap and stupid.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Lol I noticed it immediately when you posted and had a nice little smartass comment typed up but refrained from posting to avoid any confrontation

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I want to take a rafting/camping trip through the Grand Canyon
Bike up l'Alpe d'Huez in France
Take my wife in first class to Italy on our 20th anniversary - no kids
Write a novel
And finish climbing the 54 14,000 ft mountains in Colorado. I have about 25 to go.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: to my BFF - LBW - luv ya bro

Post by zazthespaz »

Get a photo I took recognized/published on a national/global scale
Go to a taping of a late night show - Ideally The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (Ryan I'm staying with you)
Get Scott Phillips to sign my AB stuff - only one even who hasn't signed though I've had him to myself twice without any constraints! (NOT SEXUAL)
Stop making sexual comments unintentionally
Meet Andy92 and make fun of his southern accent
Meet Timmay and make fun of his Belgian accent (and call him Little Belgian Waffle in front of a bunch of girls - maybe toast him like this at his wedding - HOW FUCKING SWEET WOULD THAT BE?!?!)
Go to Europe for an AB show
Take another cross country road trip only with no major time constraints or planned destinations
Get in a fight just to see how I hold up. I think I'll lose, but I'll get in a few good shots. HOORAY SELF ESTEEM
Play in a band and have the crowd react well to the music
Read Greg's book
Ask Greg wtf his book was about because I didn't get it
Get a motorcycle & license

Probs more to come and some I left off because they're too embarrassing but it'll do for now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Stay away from my cousins..

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, please do that at my wedding. Everybody will be like: "who's this guy and why is he talking English? Wait.. What did he say? Did he say something about a waffle? What a weirdo.. Nice hair though"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Well, my wishes for the next five years would be...
To move in with bf, have a novel worked out if not written, finish college and get a job, and all that somewhere abroad.
A bit of a longshot eh
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

^ The book thing several of you have mentioned is a good one, I should add that to my list. I'm a decent enough writer but not for fiction - still, I have some ideas that it would be nice to see what would happen if I fleshed them out and tried to get them on paper...or e-paper...we so cray cray these days.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Write a screenplay
Buy more buckets
Move something with the Force (possibly the buckets)
Drink tea in China
Avoid Australia and its menagerie of killer creatures.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

go to a real madrid barcelona game

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I saw Real Madrid play Atletico a few years ago in Bernabéu. Not Barca, of course, but still very cool. Got a Zidane jersey that day.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Bumping an old thread. This will make me think very hard, so here we go.

Big things I want to do (most of which are normal to want):
- Graduate a four-year college with all A's and B's.
- Have a steady paying job that I don't hate. I'm currently going down the path of electrical engineering with a slight preference towards computer programming, but if it just happens that I make it big in music, I will also be very happy.
- Program something that is useful for people other than just me.
- Buy my own house, and not be paying off mortgage for years and years.
- Buy my own car. Hopefully they still sell stickshifts by the time I look for a new car. Otherwise, I'll keep my CC as long as I can.
- Write a book. Specifically one of two kinds:
- A memoir. I might want to start that now so that I don't forget stuff along the way. Although, knowing myself, I probably will still remember every single detail of things that happened many years ago.
- A fictionalized version of my early life, inspired by dreams I've had while asleep. I've already started this one, but with other things I want to do, that has sadly fallen by the wayside.
- Record an album all by myself.
- Play shows with a band comprised of my best friends. Hey, one can dream!
- Play a song I wrote about someone in front of the person I wrote it for. Surprisingly, I haven't ever done this. The closest I've gotten to it was playing it on stage, then sending the video of it to that person.
- Learn to cook something decent. I have a great teacher to start with, at least (my mom).
- Be in a steady relationship with a girl I love. Even if it doesn't last, I can at least say it happened. Marriage is optional. Kids are even more optional. Both would be very nice though. If I do have kids, I would prefer a daughter over a son first so I can experience what it's like living with a young girl in the house, seeing as I never had a sister of my own (or a brother either). I even already have first and middle names picked out for her: Elizabeth Addison. You can guess where I got the names from.
- Make up with someone I've been distant from for years that was once a big part of my life, and reach a mutual understanding with each other.

People I'd like to meet (not in order of preference or anything):
- Michael Poulsen and Rob Caggiano from Volbeat.
- Myles Kennedy, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, and Scott Phillips from Alter Bridge. (I know I've already met Mark, but I'd like to actually get the chance to have a conversation with him.)
- Lzzy Hale, Joe Hottinger, Josh Smith, and Arejay Hale from Halestorm. (I guess a hug from Lzzy should be the last thing on my bucket list, because I'll probably die from happiness.)
- Ben Burnley from Breaking Benjamin.
- Dustin Bates from Downplay/Starset.
- James Hetfield from Metallica.
- Wolfgang Van Halen.
- At least one of the very active members of TABN. You guys have all been my third support group that I needed (along with my family and the friend circles I've been in in places where I've lived), and it would be great if I could meet any one of you in person. Tenacious, Greg, Crumbso, Zaz, Mara, Kev, Schulzy, Shea, Timo, Dolo...the list goes on and on. Bonus: make it be some sort of TABN-con where we all get together at an agreed location, chat about life, nerd out about AB, and jam some music together for those that are interested.

Places I'd like to go:
- Surprisingly, I can't think of any right now. I've been to a lot of interesting places, and I don't know if there's any more places that I'm just dying to see. I will say that Delicate Arch probably was on my bucket list, and I hiked up to it in 2021.

Bands I want to see live that I haven't seen yet (or that I have but not headlining):
- Volbeat headlining. (It will happen this summer!)
- Halestorm. (I will see them this summer, but headlining will have to wait until later.)
- Tremonti headlining.
- Downplay. (I doubt this one will happen unless we somehow convince Dustin to bring them back.)
- Starset.
- Metallica. (Specifically to see them play For Whom The Bell Tolls and Master Of Puppets, since they didn't play them when I did see them.)
- Boston.

If anybody (Kev) asks why I don't have sports games on here, it's because I'm not all that interested in sports. However, that's not to say they wouldn't have been on my bucket list. I have seen one NBA game and two MLB games, as well as at least ten national handball tournaments (most of which my dad participated in), so I'm content with that. Also, I can say that I played one year of a sport: basketball in 4th grade.

I see that a common list entry is roadtrips. I've been on plenty (and I wrote a song about one), so I'm happy with that as well. Hmm...Actually, I'd like to see what life on the road would be like for a longer time. It's a slim chance that I'll make it out alive, though. :lol

I somewhat expected food to be a common topic, but I don't see that it's the case. I've actually tried many different foods (one of the most notable exotic ones was alligator in 2021), so that's yet another thing that I'm happy with where I am.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I may or may not come back here to add some stuff.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Good bump, Max.

Here's my update, around 10 years later...
gbruin wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 am I want to take a rafting/camping trip through the Grand Canyon
Bike up l'Alpe d'Huez in France
Take my wife in first class to Italy on our 20th anniversary - no kids
Write a novel
And finish climbing the 54 14,000 ft mountains in Colorado. I have about 25 to go.
Denise and I went back to Italy in 2011 for our 15th anniversary, but in coach and with our 9/7 year olds at the time. Still, it was a wonderful trip. The 4 of us went scuba diving in Belize for our 25th anniversary a couple years back. With the kids off to college now, maybe we'll do something swank for 30.

I biked up Alpe d'Huez in 2018 with that same son and daughter combo, 17 and 15 at the time. Single best bike day in my life ever, and I've had a lot of days on a bike. I'd love to go back sometime and see how fast (i.e., slow) I can do it myself, but the ride is so iconic and beautiful, and riding it with them will never be matched.

I've written a couple book chapters in Emergency Medicine texts, but the novel is still in a million pieces scattered over a few computers and notebooks and fading memories. It's not looking promising.

The Grand Canyon and the rest of the 14ers still await.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Add “get zaz to move to CO” to your list pls

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:03 pm The Grand Canyon and the rest of the 14ers still await.
TABN field trip.

Congrats on knocking the others out!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Add “get zaz to move to CO” to your list pls

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:18 pm TABN field trip.
Am I invited?
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Man, it's hard to think of things I'd want to do that I haven't already done on some level. I started a band, and when that fell apart, I did my own solo acoustic thing (which I've been doing on and off for about 10 years now) and played and sang music in front of real live people. I've lost over 100 pounds, also over the course of the last 10 years. I'm married to a wonderful woman and have 3 rad step kids and one adorable almost-6-year-old daughter. I've gone to countless rock shows and met some of my favorite artists in the world (AB, Halestorm, Sevendust, Faktion, Submersed, I'm probably forgetting some).

If I did have to come up with a list, though...
- Ride in the Lutsen 99er. It's a bike ride through the woods on the north shore of Minnesota, almost to the Canadian border. The big daddy race is 99 miles, but they also have ones at 25, 49, and 69 (nice). I think the longest I've ever biked was like 15 miles, so even taking on the 25er would be a big accomplishment. I went along with my buddy Joe when he raced in the 99er several years ago, and I've always wanted to go back.

- Play music in front of a real crowd. I live in a very small town, and most of my appearances have been at these small town bars, breweries, coffee shops, etc., where people are there for other reasons and I just feel like background music. It'd be so nice to play and actually have people focused on listening, not drunk-chattering over the music.
-- Sub-entry: play a small opening set for a big name artist. I'd love to ride someone's coattails and get my name out there.

- Be involved in a pro wrestling match. I'm a lifelong fan, but I've never trained to actually do any wrestling. Even if I could just be part of a promo, be someone's manager, be a ring announcer, anything.

- Meet Diamond Dallas Page. Related to the pro wrestling thing, but separate - for those who don't know, he's a former pro wrestler who created his own flavor of yoga workouts called DDPYoga (or DDPY now, as they've tried to distance themselves more from the "yoga" name since it's really evolved into a lot more than that). I've been doing that off and on for most of my 10 year fitness journey, and while I've had a couple interactions with him over Facebook, I've never gotten to actually meet the dude and thank him.

- Open my own coffee shop. I friggin LOVE coffee shops, and I think it'd be sweet to start up my own little place, and have a little stage and really focus on having lots of live music hosted there. Hell, I'd just leave a house acoustic guitar up there and have a perpetual open mic, any time there's not a scheduled show. And I don't know how to make a ton of coffee drinks, but even just making the basic lattes and frappes would probably still bring some people in - especially if I kept it open later than 7pm since most coffee shops seem to close up so COT-damn early.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:30 pm Man, it's hard to think of things I'd want to do that I haven't already done on some level. I started a band, and when that fell apart, I did my own solo acoustic thing (which I've been doing on and off for about 10 years now) and played and sang music in front of real live people. I've lost over 100 pounds, also over the course of the last 10 years. I'm married to a wonderful woman and have 3 rad step kids and one adorable almost-6-year-old daughter. I've gone to countless rock shows and met some of my favorite artists in the world (AB, Halestorm, Sevendust, Faktion, Submersed, I'm probably forgetting some).

If I did have to come up with a list, though...
- Ride in the Lutsen 99er. It's a bike ride through the woods on the north shore of Minnesota, almost to the Canadian border. The big daddy race is 99 miles, but they also have ones at 25, 49, and 69 (nice). I think the longest I've ever biked was like 15 miles, so even taking on the 25er would be a big accomplishment. I went along with my buddy Joe when he raced in the 99er several years ago, and I've always wanted to go back.

- Play music in front of a real crowd. I live in a very small town, and most of my appearances have been at these small town bars, breweries, coffee shops, etc., where people are there for other reasons and I just feel like background music. It'd be so nice to play and actually have people focused on listening, not drunk-chattering over the music.
-- Sub-entry: play a small opening set for a big name artist. I'd love to ride someone's coattails and get my name out there.

- Be involved in a pro wrestling match. I'm a lifelong fan, but I've never trained to actually do any wrestling. Even if I could just be part of a promo, be someone's manager, be a ring announcer, anything.

- Meet Diamond Dallas Page. Related to the pro wrestling thing, but separate - for those who don't know, he's a former pro wrestler who created his own flavor of yoga workouts called DDPYoga (or DDPY now, as they've tried to distance themselves more from the "yoga" name since it's really evolved into a lot more than that). I've been doing that off and on for most of my 10 year fitness journey, and while I've had a couple interactions with him over Facebook, I've never gotten to actually meet the dude and thank him.

- Open my own coffee shop. I friggin LOVE coffee shops, and I think it'd be sweet to start up my own little place, and have a little stage and really focus on having lots of live music hosted there. Hell, I'd just leave a house acoustic guitar up there and have a perpetual open mic, any time there's not a scheduled show. And I don't know how to make a ton of coffee drinks, but even just making the basic lattes and frappes would probably still bring some people in - especially if I kept it open later than 7pm since most coffee shops seem to close up so COT-damn early.
You've got a good, defined and achievable list there, man. I hope you can achieve them all.