The Game of Thrones Thread.

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by Andy92 »

I think that’s the biggest thing with Jon’s story. He consistently proved himself to be a good leader because he didn’t lust for power. Having him take the throne in the end would kind of go against what he stood for.

I just wish Bran’s story was elaborated on more. I suppose that’s what the books will do, but I like the theory that the Three Eyed Raven played the long card to win the throne so he could avenge the Children of the Forest. There’s a lot you can do with that storyline that just wasn’t elaborated on in the show.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: fix the spam, g

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:We all could use a real life leader who doesn't want that level of power.
Greg4Mod
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Three years later, 172 years earlier...

Has anybody seen the first episode of House of the Dragon? :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I watched it Sunday, like it better than the first episode of GOT. I do think that there are going to be a few predictable things going but it has promise.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I agree it has promise. I find it hard to compare it with GOT's pilot, because we have a bunch of background knowledge already. We for example already know the houses and locations, the rituals and the traits... It would be interesting to get an opinion of somebody who hasn't seen GOT already.

It really depends how the season's gonna evolve. I've got a feeling it will require less patience than GOT. In GOT it wasn't until the end of season 2 that we got an actual battle sequence. The dragons only got some action in season 3 because they needed to grow. Dany only reached Westeros in season 7... It seems like all the "good stuff" is here already from the start. That's not a bad thing perse, but I hope they don't get lost in the grandness. That's basically what happened in season 7 and 8 in my opinion.

Overal, I really enjoyed the episode. It feels good to have that GOT void filled again :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I tried rewatching the first episodes of GoT again the other night. Knowing how lacklustre the end was going to be, I just couldn't be bothered after the first two. There's so much misery and pointless shock-value sex stuff, which is fine when the writing is good but knowing where it's all headed it just all felt a bit empty.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

It looks like we are in store for some fighting next week in E3
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Good battle in E3, good (almost) incest in E4. Yup, HoD is right on track.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die