Dragon Ball

Talk about anything and everything here.
nagpo
On The Rail

Dragon Ball

Post by nagpo »

This is a thread about all things related to Dragon Ball.

From the original to z, to super, to GT. All the movies. All the manga.

Now, you may be asking yourself "why does this thread exist?" Let me tell you.

There is no reason. I love the series and it's on tv right now so I'm making a thread about it. I fully anticipate that this thread will garner few reply's and little discussion.

But I'm actually well versed in this series so if by chance anyone here wants to talk about it this is the place.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Dragon Ball

Post by joshuabeau »

Huge Dragon Ball fan!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

joshuabeau wrote:Huge Dragon Ball fan!
What do you think of the new series?

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

nagpo wrote:
joshuabeau wrote:Huge Dragon Ball fan!
What do you think of the new series?
I wish they hadn't done arcs of the new movies but I'm loving the new episodes. The Hit/Goku fight was phenomenal.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The one thing that really stuck out to me in the whole Dragon Ball series was in the original one where Jackie Chun had to use a big Kamehameha wave to destroy the moon to de-ape Goku and the commentator was going crazy over it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Haven't seen all of it, but I used to love this show when I was a kid. They used to play the Frieza-Cell era on a loop. Haven't seen much else of it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

They did the voices for the American version less than a mile away from my house. The guy who does Vegeta and Piccolo's voice (Chris Sabat) has them all congregate at this little building. You'd never be able to tell from the outside that one of the most successful animes of all time was dubbed there, lol.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

joshuabeau wrote: I wish they hadn't done arcs of the new movies but I'm loving the new episodes. The Hit/Goku fight was phenomenal.
I agree. the first 30 or so episodes were just a worst retelling of the films. They had worse animation. It was a very boring experience. I liked the Hit fight as well, seeing goku slowly progress in speed to become faster than time or something was entertaining. But man the part where they summoned the new dragon was hard to watch with that bad animation.

Apparantly a popular character is supposed to be coming back to the show. Some people think it's Future Trunks.
Timotheus wrote:Haven't seen all of it, but I used to love this show when I was a kid. They used to play the Frieza-Cell era on a loop. Haven't seen much else of it.
You should give it another shot. The dub was pretty bad back then and since they've redubbed the show several times and it's much better and more accurate. And there is a lot more to the show than the cell and frieza arc. There is Buu and all of dragonball and then there is Super.

I suggest watching Dragon Ball Z Kai - it's Z but w/o all the filler and other fixes.

I'm gonna go watch Super episode 42 right now

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I couldn't get into Kai. The music was such a departure from the regular series... like, the music in the regular series was a fantastic mixture of intense and moving, and that helped get through the filler.

The music where Vegeta turns super saiyan is still one of my favorite instrumentals

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote:I couldn't get into Kai. The music was such a departure from the regular series... like, the music in the regular series was a fantastic mixture of intense and moving, and that helped get through the filler.

The music where Vegeta turns super saiyan is still one of my favorite instrumentals
You talking about the dub music by bruce faulconer? I admit that it does have its charms. I also grew up on the dub so at first I didn't like the original stuff either. But now I've gotten to the point where I'm use to gokus japanese voice actor (which is a woman) and I'm down with the japanese music. I can appreciate all aspects of it

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

AB23 wrote:I couldn't get into Kai. The music was such a departure from the regular series... like, the music in the regular series was a fantastic mixture of intense and moving, and that helped get through the filler.

I agree. Faulconer's music just sounds better with the show, to me anyway. Gohan's theme was always badass.