Is this place always so dead?

Talk about anything and everything here.
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Is this place always so dead?

Post by UninvitedZero »

I've been on here for two years and have noticed a pattern. There's almost 0 activity on this site until an AB related release is announced. The place is hopping until a month or so after the release and then it's hibernation mode all over again. I enjoy hearing opinions and asking questions and even reading troll posts. But since Walk The Sky has been digested by all, this place has been a ghost town on every singls board.

Is it always like this?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Mafia anyone?

Post by zazthespaz »

Yup! Every album cycle, people come in, give their opinions, and then leave. Now with social media, people don't focus on community building as much (in my opinion) and just like on social media, the norm has become to tell the world what they're thinking and then get out until the opportunity to give opinions arises again. We used to play games and stuff in this general discussion forum, but those activities slowly died out over the years.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Is this place always so dead?

Post by abw1987 »

It's true... being an Alter Bridge forum, activity seems to pick up the most during the lead-up and immediate aftermath of an album release. Web forums like these have generally fallen out of favor as the preferred way to connect with each other over the internet. With everyone on social media, it's a lot easier to connect via Facebook Groups, etc. Posting on a forum requires just a bit more effort. I find most people who stick around here are more interested in deeper discussions about the band and their music than you'll find on social media.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I mean most of the mods didn't even come back for the album release :lol I think as well as the trend away from forums to social media, a lot of the people who got into the band in their teens/early 20s are now into their 30s and have other commitments.

I wonder if we'll still have the Last Hero theme when AB7 is out. Although I do actually really like this colour scheme for the board.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Or by AB 12 whichever comes first

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I mean most of the mods didn't even come back for the album release :lol I think as well as the trend away from forums to social media, a lot of the people who got into the band in their teens/early 20s are now into their 30s and have other commitments.

I wonder if we'll still have the Last Hero theme when AB7 is out. Although I do actually really like this colour scheme for the board.
I think we'll have TLH theme up until the time AB is inducted in the R&R Hall of Fame :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Or by AB 12 whichever comes first

Post by Ubik »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
I think we'll have TLH theme up until the time AB is inducted in the R&R Hall of Fame :lol
My only problem is that it's really difficult to un-see the penis nose.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I had forgotten about that until now

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
My only problem is that it's really difficult to un-see the penis nose.

God dammit Ubik why did you have to go and bring that up :lol

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ubik wrote:I mean most of the mods didn't even come back for the album release :lol I think as well as the trend away from forums to social media, a lot of the people who got into the band in their teens/early 20s are now into their 30s and have other commitments.

True. Case in point – my daughter was born a week before WTS dropped. "Other commitments" is an understatement!

We are still working on the WTS theme... it's just a bit labor intensive and hard to find the time these days.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Sounds so nerdy...

Post by Inconquerable »

abw1987 wrote:

True. Case in point – my daughter was born a week before WTS dropped. "Other commitments" is an understatement!

We are still working on the WTS theme... it's just a bit labor intensive and hard to find the time these days.
Congrats on the birth of your daughter!!

Do you need help with the theme at all? I used to do some skinning on Invisionfree forums, not sure if any of that knowledge is transferable and I'd be willing to help if you want.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

I blame social media.. which is a direct line to the news, where in the past we were a big pivot in getting news by the band out to the fans...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Sadly, it's happened to most forums I know.
Nowadays, people prefer social media, and don't bother posting long elaborated posts anymore.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: now if everyone recreates this thread, the place won't be dead!

Post by zazthespaz »

*complains place is dead - doesn't respond to own thread* :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Irony?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23