The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: who tf is that? The answer is no tho

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:The Pawn Stars guy? Is he a philosopher now?!
Purple Rick Harrison = Thanos

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I was relocated for my job with 24 Hour Fitness because the company is bankrupt and had to shut down a bunch of their gyms. Really unfortunate for me because I had a fantastic work environment and a great boss. My boss was laid off, so now I’m working for this other guy who is just pure trash.

My debate lately has been: should I try to request a transfer, or just leave the company altogether? There’s not too many jobs available right now doing what I do, which is running the Personal Training department. But the company is going downhill and salaries are seemingly being reduced.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I was relocated for my job with 24 Hour Fitness because the company is bankrupt and had to shut down a bunch of their gyms. Really unfortunate for me because I had a fantastic work environment and a great boss. My boss was laid off, so now I’m working for this other guy who is just pure trash.

My debate lately has been: should I try to request a transfer, or just leave the company altogether? There’s not too many jobs available right now doing what I do, which is running the Personal Training department. But the company is going downhill and salaries are seemingly being reduced.
I'd say for now, request a transfer if you can. So that way you can still have the job for now, with hopefully less headache than you would if you stayed working for your new trash boss, but maybe also once you get settled into your new location with hopefully less trash management, to just keep an eye out for other personal training jobs available in other more financially stable companies, cause while they're may not be too many available, if you have a shot at working in a better/healthier work environment (cause who knows what might happen to the location you request a transfer to) you should always take it :shrug

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Post by Inconquerable »

I think Shea might have the right idea. See if you can request a transfer and put your feelers out for another job elsewhere if possible. If you can hang in there for a bit (tough as it is) you might end up in a better place than you were before. And at least if you can transfer, there's a chance that you'll end up working for somebody better.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "Sweatin to the Ghosts of Days Gone By!"

Post by zazthespaz »

Do you know where you might want to transfer to? Having specifics might help in the request - even if they can't get your exact location, maybe they can do something close.

Alternative idea: you start doing a Facebook live exercise class, but only to Alter Bridge music and I'll share it/host it on the TABN Facebook page. You can set up a Venmo tip jar and make money that way.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: "Sweatin to the Ghosts of Days Gone By!"

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:Do you know where you might want to transfer to? Having specifics might help in the request - even if they can't get your exact location, maybe they can do something close.

Alternative idea: you start doing a Facebook live exercise class, but only to Alter Bridge music and I'll share it/host it on the TABN Facebook page. You can set up a Venmo tip jar and make money that way.
Appreciate the kind words and advice, thanks everyone!

You know, I’ve been looking at moving down to the Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR area for a couple years now. I emailed our HR about any possible openings there and I found some on our internal job postings. Expecting to hear from someone this week. It’d be a fun time, my best friend lives down there.

As for the FB live, all I have to say is lol, especially with the current status of my physical fitness :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Wish I'd realized that 19 years ago.

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Do you know where you might want to transfer to? Having specifics might help in the request - even if they can't get your exact location, maybe they can do something close.

Appreciate the kind words and advice, thanks everyone!

You know, I’ve been looking at moving down to the Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR area for a couple years now. I emailed our HR about any possible openings there and I found some on our internal job postings. Expecting to hear from someone this week. It’d be a fun time, my best friend lives down there.

As for the FB live, all I have to say is lol, especially with the current status of my physical fitness :lol
I agree with the folks above. It's such a dicey time right now, so stay employed. Security is pretty key right now, whether that's at your current crappy location or hopefully the company will let you transfer somewhere better (although Canadians probably have better options for portability and risk than those south of your border).

But - ALWAYS - keep your eyes open for a better/happier job opportunity. That's a simple everyday life rule.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

my brother turned 21 on Sunday and yesterday we got him so wasted that he was swimming in the grass and started thinking he was looking for nemo. it was a great time.
Thanks Andy!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Micky wrote:my brother turned 21 on Sunday and yesterday we got him so wasted that he was swimming in the grass and started thinking he was looking for nemo. it was a great time.
Wait a sec, did the kid actually wait until his 21st to drink? This sounds like a work of a newb...

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
Micky wrote:my brother turned 21 on Sunday and yesterday we got him so wasted that he was swimming in the grass and started thinking he was looking for nemo. it was a great time.
Wait a sec, did the kid actually wait until his 21st to drink? This sounds like a work of a newb...
He had a beer or two, but otherwise yeah. He hasn’t drank big time until then.
Thanks Andy!

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

^ ew, yeah that does not sound very good. Thanks for the affirmation.

Guys, my best buddy said she thinks she found Cameron's future wife. She's cute, extremely polite, and works with The Seeing Eye. (Also is currently training a seeing eye puppy named Felix!) Anyways, just wanted to give you a headsup so you can mark your calendars for a wedding in three and a half years. I would have said three, but Covid might delay whenever Cameron gets to meet her.
NO PRESSURE, CAM! :D

Also, I spent a solid 6 hours trying to recreate the musical "Wicked" with my dog (because that's what all the cool kids do), and then I accidentally deleted all the videos. I thought that only happens in movies! Gahhh I thought they were saved on the app I was using for editing... guess not. Whatever, the dog loves wearing clothes so at least he had a grand time.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Cameron can be the trial run experiment

Post by Andy92 »

zazisaspaz wrote:^ ew, yeah that does not sound very good. Thanks for the affirmation.

Guys, my best buddy said she thinks she found Cameron's future wife. She's cute, extremely polite, and works with The Seeing Eye. (Also is currently training a seeing eye puppy named Felix!) Anyways, just wanted to give you a headsup so you can mark your calendars for a wedding in three and a half years. I would have said three, but Covid might delay whenever Cameron gets to meet her.
NO PRESSURE, CAM! :D

Also, I spent a solid 6 hours trying to recreate the musical "Wicked" with my dog (because that's what all the cool kids do), and then I accidentally deleted all the videos. I thought that only happens in movies! Gahhh I thought they were saved on the app I was using for editing... guess not. Whatever, the dog loves wearing clothes so at least he had a grand time.
If this works I’m next in line for this friend of yours.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Roger that

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Thought I posted some great content to spark up any kind of random conversation... guess TABN has been dead so long it can’t be revived. Darn.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazisaspaz wrote:Thought I posted some great content to spark up any kind of random conversation... guess TABN has been dead so long it can’t be revived. Darn.
You gotta try harder to revive it, Summer! I believe in you! :dance

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

:lol
Okay I’ll keep thinking

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my first ever concert, SMKC in Vancouver...But is feels like it's been so much longer than a year since then :/ :lol I hope to be able to see them again here at some point in the future :D Probably not until something like 2024 though, but who knows at this point :shrug :lol :/

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Holy mackerel, I've been gone for a minute!

Since I last logged in I've moved two hours south of home into a tiny apartment in Bangor with my girlfriend, three cool roomies and two cats that despise each other... I've got hired on full time on the production line at the Dunkin Donut factory across town so I spend all my time working or asleep.

How is everyone?? What tunes are we listening to and what albums are we anxious to hear? I've been digging Seether's newest two singles. Their albums never disappoint. August 28! Lamb Of God just released a killer record. Sturgill Simpson has a pair of bluegrass albums on the way!

And... Are we just going to ignore a new PROJECTED album in the works?!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UninvitedZero wrote:Holy mackerel, I've been gone for a minute!

Since I last logged in I've moved two hours south of home into a tiny apartment in Bangor with my girlfriend, three cool roomies and two cats that despise each other... I've got hired on full time on the production line at the Dunkin Donut factory across town so I spend all my time working or asleep.

How is everyone?? What tunes are we listening to and what albums are we anxious to hear? I've been digging Seether's newest two singles. Their albums never disappoint. August 28! Lamb Of God just released a killer record. Sturgill Simpson has a pair of bluegrass albums on the way!

And... Are we just going to ignore a new PROJECTED album in the works?!

Hey UZ! :wave Long time no see.

Seems like life has been pretty busy for you! But at least it sounds like its also going well :)

I'm doing fine, thanks :) Just working. Going on a 2 week vacation starting next weekend so thats exciting :lol My parents are in the middle of trying to sell our house right now which seems kinda crazy during a pandemic but its not up to me so :shrug :lol

I've been listening to lots of Gojira the last month and a half. I'm anxious to hear MK Solo 2 and Tremonti 5....Maybe SMKC 4 at some point :lol

As for Projected, I dont know if ignore is the right word but I wont be interested in it until the music is actually out. :lol