The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Never mind

Post by maximzub »

Nobody cares about the intimate details of my life, so I'm deleting this.

By the way, tomorrow I'm asking her to be my Valentine.

(Except I didn't, and I won't, but at least I finally wished a girl Happy Valentine's Day!)
Last edited by maximzub on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: You have permission to tell me to shut up

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:55 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:56 pm What's Metallica?
Metallica is an American heavy metal band. The band was formed in 1981 in Los Angeles by vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich, and has been based in San Francisco for most of its career.[1][2] The band's fast tempos, instrumentals and aggressive musicianship made them one of the founding "big four" bands of thrash metal, alongside Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer. Metallica's current lineup comprises founding members and primary songwriters Hetfield and Ulrich, longtime lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, and bassist Robert Trujillo. Guitarist Dave Mustaine (who went on to form Megadeth after being fired from the band) and bassists Ron McGovney, Cliff Burton (who died in a bus accident in Sweden in 1986) and Jason Newsted are former members of the band....
Just out of curiosity - how old are you?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

The younger generation has entered the chat

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:54 pmJust out of curiosity - how old are you?
I am 17 years old.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

How to create your own General Admission show!

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:55 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:56 pm What's Metallica?
Metallica is an American heavy metal band. The band was formed in 1981 in Los Angeles by vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich, and has been based in San Francisco for most of its career.[1][2] The band's fast tempos, instrumentals and aggressive musicianship made them one of the founding "big four" bands of thrash metal, alongside Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer. Metallica's current lineup comprises founding members and primary songwriters Hetfield and Ulrich, longtime lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, and bassist Robert Trujillo. Guitarist Dave Mustaine (who went on to form Megadeth after being fired from the band) and bassists Ron McGovney, Cliff Burton (who died in a bus accident in Sweden in 1986) and Jason Newsted are former members of the band....
I can assure you that anguyen has forgotten more about Metallica than either of us know. Well, more than you know, anyway, since I first saw Metallica in 88, roughly 15 years before you were born. We had seats stage right in I think row 28 on the floor, until our seats were subsequently reduced to small scraps of metal and plastic...

The chaos begins around 27:30 in the middle of Whiplash when LAPD cut power to the stage..errrr, there was a "power outage". The fans then on the floor, most of whom began the set in the bleachers - where their tickets were - were unpleased. But the band did get to sit and take a little break on the drum riser which was nice for them because it was a really freaking hot day.

And to think I was there to see Scorps and Van Hagar and not these young upstarts that day, but Metallica, Los Angeles, and the 80s were a magical combination. Ahh, good times. But anyway, Kev is a walking rock encyclopedia and he gets me on stuff all the time, so I think he was being facetious when he asked you who Metallica was.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Somehow, I remember that part.

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I read about that particular show at the USC Coliseum in LA (roughly about 10-15 minutes away from a LA Live that haven't existed back then. Heck, Staples Center was like 11 years away from being created) when Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine talked about being at that show in a video when he commended Metallica on 30 years of being a band. He talked about how this band kicked so much ass and blew everyone off the stage that night where they caused a riot in the crowd when the power went out. People were throwing chairs in the GA area (seriously, why are there chairs at a massive rock stadium show in GA?) and he mentioned that poor Dokken had to follow that band that's on the cusp of having reaching stardom on levels that's never going to be attained again.

maximzub
On The Rail

Apparently nobody understands kids these days...

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:02 pm I can assure you that anguyen has forgotten more about Metallica than either of us know.
It was a joke. :slam
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

My crush problems have reached a breaking point

Post by maximzub »

I already talked to my parents about this, but I still feel like I need more opinions on it. From what I make of this, my crush is just an extremely nice person who is slightly uncomfortable with me due to what she hears about me. I'm really bad at expressing myself, so if you have any ideas on what I can say next time I see her in person (which is on Monday), please respond. Right now, I'm trying to keep her as a friend. I have no interest in pushing more boundaries.

Here is the transcript of the texting conversation where it all went downhill (I am MZ):

MZ: "[I'm skipping her name], I know you've brushed off my comments about feeling like I'm following you as being "okay", but I'm actually feeling uneasy about it. I really appreciate when people are honest with me, so can we please set some boundaries in order to avoid either of us being uncomfortable in the future? Thanks!"

AL: "i actually have been feeling comfortable about it and was going to talk to you about it"

AL: "i think i’m comfortable with walking w you after stats but i don’t know about after school because i’m always in such a rush sorry!"

MZ: "I understood that, but you seem kinda distant when I'm talking. It's surprising considering you're the extrovert and I'm the introvert. I thought the situation would be the other way around. So that's what I was asking about."

AL: "I am just being cautious because I didn’t want to just listen to the rumors about you, but i have also been getting a lot of warnings from people i am close to. I am sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but i want to be safe but i don’t want to close you off completely"

MZ: "Ahh, the rumors are following me again...
It really makes me sad to hear that. We should have an honest conversation about that since I'm doing everything to prove to people that I've changed since last year. I'm really sorry that it's putting a strain on our friendship."

MZ: "I'm now realizing that in order to be close to me, my potential friends will have to know my bad sides. That's where it usually falls apart. My parents keep telling me to show the good sides so that I still have a chance with them. I believe you're a caring and understanding person, and that you would want to understand where exactly I need improvement."

AL: "I still do want to be friends, but I do not want to give you the wrong impression either. I hope I can make my own assessment of you that isn’t interfered with other peoples rumors, but i still do not feel 100% comfortable hanging around you all the time. I hope that i can see your good sides and other people can as well."

MZ: "It's hard to tell what someone's real personality is when rumors are being thrown around. I hope we can get to know each other better over time, as long as you're comfortable with that."

(She saw my last message but said nothing)
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: From: "Advice zaz would tell his high school self"

Post by zazthespaz »

Mr. Max, we've known you for a grand total of less than a month, solely through online interactions. We are probably the last people you should be approaching for romantic help since we barely know you. Especially in situations where there are rumors flying around about you that we know nothing about (and probably shouldn't know - please do not tell us what they are unless you have some other motive for doing so).

What I will offer as advice though is this: you're 17, you're in high school, within (I'm assuming) a year, the majority of everyone around you will never see you again except for reunions and random encounters around town. Be yourself, have fun, learn from your experiences. If anyone gets in your way of those first two things, learn something from the experience and move on from that person. Don't spend time obsessing over one person; if they're not into you, get over it and find someone who is. Who knows, maybe the original girl will come around and see things your way, but don't count on it. Try new things, make mistakes, and learn from those moments to improve yourself in the next phase of life. It's better to regret having done something than to regret not having taken the chance. (Except for crimes - let me be explicit: do not do anything defined as a crime)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: From: "Advice zaz would tell his high school self"

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm We are probably the last people you should be approaching for romantic help since we barely know you.
Lol you're right
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm Especially in situations where there are rumors flying around about you that we know nothing about (and probably shouldn't know - please do not tell us what they are unless you have some other motive for doing so).
The problem is that I don't know the rumors. EDIT: She told me that people are saying they've had bad experiences with me and that I'm a stalker. I admitted to the first one because it's true, and she understands. She doesn't believe the second one, but she could if I was to continue forcing interactions when she doesn't want. That's why we're taking a break from each other (see later posts).
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm you're 17, you're in high school, within (I'm assuming) a year, the majority of everyone around you will never see you again except for reunions and random encounters around town.
I'm a junior, so it's actually about a year and a half.
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm Be yourself, have fun, learn from your experiences.
I'm bad at learning from experiences, and being myself is a bad thing. On the surface I look good, but slightly deeper I tend to become clingy and always wanting what I want. Of course, if you go even deeper down, you'll see that I'm good at heart. I hope this is what my crush can someday find. After all, she does want to be friends.
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm Don't spend time obsessing over one person; if they're not into you, get over it and find someone who is. Who knows, maybe the original girl will come around and see things your way, but don't count on it.
There's 7 original girls now. And across 7 years. With my last one I spent 2 years obsessing over her, and only last night did I "officially" let go of her. See, sometimes they overlap.

Hard advice, I know. Thanks!
Last edited by maximzub on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

From what I make of this, my crush is just an extremely nice person who is slightly uncomfortable with me due to what she hears about me. I'm really bad at expressing myself, so if you have any ideas on what I can say next time I see her in person (which is on Monday), please respond. Right now, I'm trying to keep her as a friend. I have no interest in pushing more boundaries.
I'm wondering where I heard this story before. Oh yeah, I lived it, ten years ago. I'm going to tell you this. It's not going to end pretty for you. I'm sorry to say this, but cut your losses short and try to find someone else that you can get along with and if your crush happens to want to be with you due to whatever reasons, at a later time, talk it out. You're not going to be friends with her at this rate in the present time. She may not even want to know your name at this point (again, talking from personal experiences that I've lived it).

gbruin
MEGLADONG

There's a very good reason no one understands kids

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:19 pm There's 7 original girls now. And across 7 years. With my last one I spent 2 years obsessing over her, and only last night did I "officially" let go of her. See, sometimes they overlap.
Why are you obsessing over anyone, let alone a girl who didn't return the attention, and for 2 years?

Go reread what zaz says and then take a deep breath. A very long deep breath. Hold it. Hold it. Hold it.

Ok. Exhale slowly.

Now, repeat after me...none of this matters now.

Officially, today, let all this go. Whatever happens, happens. What doesn't happen should never hold you back. Geez. You're 17. Don't take things so seriously. Realize this today, or you will end up realizing this in 10 years and then regretting that those 10 years aren't coming back.

Dude, life is awesome. Let it flow. Don't try to steer. Enjoy where it takes you.

Except for school. That shit matters. Crush it in school.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Also, when you are going to look back at life 5-10 years later down the line and think about the greatest moments of your life, this person may not even crack the top 10 moments and when you realize that, that's when you start to feel better about your life.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 pm
From what I make of this, my crush is just an extremely nice person who is slightly uncomfortable with me due to what she hears about me. I'm really bad at expressing myself, so if you have any ideas on what I can say next time I see her in person (which is on Monday), please respond. Right now, I'm trying to keep her as a friend. I have no interest in pushing more boundaries.
I'm wondering where I heard this story before. Oh yeah, I lived it, ten years ago. I'm going to tell you this. It's not going to end pretty for you. I'm sorry to say this, but cut your losses short and try to find someone else that you can get along with and if your crush happens to want to be with you due to whatever reasons, at a later time, talk it out. You're not going to be friends with her at this rate in the present time. She may not even want to know your name at this point (again, talking from personal experiences that I've lived it).
I feel like that's a little extreme. She still wants to be friends. It's better compared to all the ones before. Who knows, maybe as she gets to know me, she realizes she likes me back. I don't have my hopes up that high, though. We've been "friends" for a year and a half, and it can stay that way if it doesn't go any further. Besides, she doesn't even know I like her as more than a friend.
gbruin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:59 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:19 pm There's 7 original girls now. And across 7 years. With my last one I spent 2 years obsessing over her, and only last night did I "officially" let go of her. See, sometimes they overlap.
Why are you obsessing over anyone, let alone a girl who didn't return the attention, and for 2 years?
Believe me, she returned the attention. She tried three times to call the police to get a restraining order on me. I remember that the last time was exactly a year ago today.
Last edited by maximzub on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean, it's your life. Go with what you think it's right and don't read what people type on the internet forums. They are always wrong, myself included.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I kinda got lost along the way - do you still want to pursue that relationship or not? Have you told her about your feelings? Have you been rejected?
Speaking from my personal experience - I was trying to get that one girl for 3 years straight. 3 fucking years. Despite being rejected once I told myself I was not gonna give up. Changed my looks a little bit. Was in a friendship with her but got mixed signals. Finally got drunk and texted her how I was feeling and got rejected again but it was extremely liberating. 3 weeks later I started a relationship with my current girlfriend with whom we hit it off straight away, felt great in each other's presence and she never sent me mixed signals.
I know it's cliche but you need to keep looking. Or actually the opposite. I wasn't looking for anybody and that person just appeared on my path. You're a young guy, it'll be fine. I was 27 when I got that girl.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 am I kinda got lost along the way - do you still want to pursue that relationship or not? Have you told her about your feelings? Have you been rejected?
I want to save our friendship first, before deciding whether I still want to pursue a romantic relationship. No, I have not told her about my feelings, so if we do become closer friends, I still have a shot.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:53 am I mean, it's your life. Go with what you think it's right and don't read what people type on the internet forums. They are always wrong, myself included.
I'm sorry if I pissed you off.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:49 am
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:53 am I mean, it's your life. Go with what you think it's right and don't read what people type on the internet forums. They are always wrong, myself included.
I'm sorry if I pissed you off.
I'm not pissed. This is more about you than it is about me and I'd heed the words people say on the internet in any outlet and evaluate if it's worth listening to or not (most likely not).

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Signatures have no context, right?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:59 pm Go reread what zaz says
I definitely won't take this out of context.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:45 am
Dolo wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 am I kinda got lost along the way - do you still want to pursue that relationship or not? Have you told her about your feelings? Have you been rejected?
I want to save our friendship first, before deciding whether I still want to pursue a romantic relationship. No, I have not told her about my feelings, so if we do become closer friends, I still have a shot.
Friendships where one person is obsessively in love with the other are no great friendships, and nothing good will come from it. Life is not Friends or The Office.

It's just not fair to the other person. Falling in love with somebody else will make them feel guilty, which it never should.

Take the advice of all the clever people above. I wish I'd had that kind of advice 10 years ago.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.