The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to take a train to San Francisco for the Metallica shows. It seems like it would be $15.00 cheaper than a plane ticket. Downside is that this trip would last 11.5 hours going from 6:00 PM - 5:30 AM the next day. On top of that, the train trip would only last 3.5 hours. Then I would end up in Santa Barbara at 10 PM and take a bus the rest of the way. You would think in today's age, there would be a clear one-way path to go by train from either Anaheim to San Francisco or LA to San Francisco. Nope.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Thx 4 the mmries

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:46 pm The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to take a train to San Francisco for the Metallica shows. It seems like it would be $15.00 cheaper than a plane ticket. Downside is that this trip would last 11.5 hours going from 6:00 PM - 5:30 AM the next day. On top of that, the train trip would only last 3.5 hours. Then I would end up in Santa Barbara at 10 PM and take a bus the rest of the way. You would think in today's age, there would be a clear one-way path to go by train from either Anaheim to San Francisco or LA to San Francisco. Nope.
Sounds like it'd be a fun trip, make it a little more memorable at least.

I saw Tremonti in NYC, looked at the train schedules and realized I had moments to spare to catch a train back. Powerwalked/ran through NYC to get to Penn Station and just missed the train and had to wait an hour and a half for the next train a little before midnight I think. Got home around 2am. Don't remember the show (Axlar was there!) but I'll always have the memory of hanging out in Penn Station on a weekday night with a bunch of homeless people!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Thx 4 the mmries

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:08 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:46 pm The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to take a train to San Francisco for the Metallica shows. It seems like it would be $15.00 cheaper than a plane ticket. Downside is that this trip would last 11.5 hours going from 6:00 PM - 5:30 AM the next day. On top of that, the train trip would only last 3.5 hours. Then I would end up in Santa Barbara at 10 PM and take a bus the rest of the way. You would think in today's age, there would be a clear one-way path to go by train from either Anaheim to San Francisco or LA to San Francisco. Nope.

I saw Tremonti in NYC, looked at the train schedules and realized I had moments to spare to catch a train back. Powerwalked/ran through NYC to get to Penn Station and just missed the train and had to wait an hour and a half for the next train a little before midnight I think. Got home around 2am. Don't remember the show (Axlar was there!) but I'll always have the memory of hanging out in Penn Station on a weekday night with a bunch of homeless people!
Did you go to NYC only for the purpose of seeing Tremonti? Couldn't make the Jersey show?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: unless Stijn sees this, then I went to see him.

Post by zazthespaz »

Only to see Tremonti. I don’t think he was doing an NJ show that year, or if he was, I couldn’t make it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm I might have made the stupidest purchase of my life for a lot of reasons, but I got a two-day pass to see Metallica's 40th anniversary shows in San Francisco. Costed me $273.00 for a front row seat in the upper sections. I regret nothing.
Awesome! Well so you don’t feel alone. I paid $679.00 for a VIP ticket to “Louder than Life”. I’m hoping it’s better than General Admission. If not I’m going to be the most violent one in every mosh pit!
I'm going to Louder Than Life too! We're coming on Saturday and we'll get in just in time to see Volbeat. Then, on Sunday, we'll come when Tremonti starts playing.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

slow silent fist pump

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Were they really homeless or were they just following your directions?
Last edited by gbruin on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

We're they really homeless or were they just following your directions?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I’m saying that menacingly.

Post by zazthespaz »

Got my Tremonti vinyl today! Unfortunately my record player is still boxed up from moving and needs a new needle.
gbruin wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:07 pm Were they really homeless or were they just following your directions?
This is why out of all the people I know in Colorado, you’re my second favorite.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I made a terrible mistake and checked who Mark Tremonti is following on Twitter. Mainly business related stuff, also some authors, pinball stuff, animal/pet comedy (wtf), his wife and this guy: https://twitter.com/zirtruth who seems to be some conspiracy theorist spreading "the truth". I guess Myles wrote the lyrics for "Last Rites" on his own back then. :(

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Interesting. I probably wouldnt read too much into it though. Who knows for what reason he and Erock even follow him.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Seems to be someone that Mark knows from way back called Rob Adelita who's since renamed their twitter, maybe worked in an amp store judging by these old interactions - https://twitter.com/search?lang=en&q=(f ... yped_query

Basically, nothing to worry about.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik coming in clutch with the detective work :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Ubik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:54 pm Seems to be someone that Mark knows from way back called Rob Adelita who's since renamed their twitter, maybe worked in an amp store judging by these old interactions - https://twitter.com/search?lang=en&q=(f ... yped_query

Basically, nothing to worry about.
Thanks for clarifiyng this. Seems like this guy was somehow involved in the band Adelitas Way.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

even more detective work

Post by gbruin »

I'm pretty sure the very cool band Adelitas Way was named after a street in Las Vegas where some of the band was from. The @adelitasway in that thread goes back to someone named Olivia who just used the name and who has zero ties to said very cool band. See the pinned tweet at https://twitter.com/AdelitasWay
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Lol, okay this is getting absurd. :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Wait, so the real Adelitas were just the friends he made along the way?

So many lives...
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, I got a bit greedy in waiting. I wanted a ticket to see Michael Buble tomorrow in Anaheim. Stubhub had it going for $43.00 for the cheapest seats. I wanted it to go under $40.00 before paying, and someone else got it at that price. Now the lowest price is $50.00. Let's see if I can get lucky in the next 24 hours.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Metallica rocked Louisville tonight! They played all the old ones. Beautiful concert! I had tears. The entire crowd knew the words to every song! It was amazing. There was Fire and Fireworks! Just incredible…I got some amazing photos. VIP tix are worth every cent just FYI!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Metallica rocked Louisville tonight! They played all the old ones. Beautiful concert! I had tears. The entire crowd knew the words to every song! It was amazing. There was Fire and Fireworks! Just incredible…I got some amazing photos. VIP tix are worth every cent just FYI!