The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

zaz, you zip it!

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:36 pm You got it, Zaz. 10k will be me posting a pic of a deep dish pizza, it will be my dinner tomorrow. Today’s dinner will be at Nando’s.

Edit: I’m not falling for that one, Gbruin.
Nah, it's a legit question about your podcast in Chicago
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: No, YOU zip it!

Post by zazthespaz »

I have a follow up question to Greg's:

How do hockey players have a podcast when they have no teeth?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Otoh, it’s fine to ignore zaz

Post by gbruin »

Come on, Kev. It’s not cool leaving me hanging. I have a serious question.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, while I’m at Lou Malnati, waiting for my deep dish pizza to arrive, I will now post my 10000th post.

Wow, 10000 posts here over the course of 10 years and I recently turned 30. A lot of things happened to me personally, financially, and everything in between in that time period. The same goes for everyone here and the band we choose to talk about the most here at this forum.

What I really want out this forum is this to be the place to want to and to enjoy talking this band called Alter Bridge as they continue their path to do things that feels is best for them. I hope this place continues to be that platform as I continue posting here rambling about my concert stories, parking stories, and other various stuff.

So to close this off, to AB and the many posters I talked with on this forum, I thank you for everything in these 10000 posts.

PS, Zaz. Here is that picture of the deep dish pizza I ordered. This looks small but it’s bound to be a tasty monster. Image

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

smh Kev u couldn't take a non-blurry pic of the pizza? :facepalm :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hope your Chicago deep dish is better than mine was…

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:41 pm What I really want out this forum is this to be the place to want to and to enjoy talking this band called Alter Bridge
Never heard of em.

Woo Kev! Enjoy your deep dish! Get them to sing you happy birthday as you do! (Unless they happen to have a 10k post song)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:35 pm K-pop is the same thing as Hentai, right?
K-entai?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

what brands of coffee do you guys drink/whats your favourite? And is it instant or ground/brewed?

I've pretty much grown up with just instant nescafe coffee my whole life and haven't really ventured out to different instant coffee brands or drink brewed coffee at all pretty much :lol Looking to see if there's something better out there :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Someone fight me on this, I dare you.

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:01 pm what brands of coffee do you guys drink/whats your favourite? And is it instant or ground/brewed?

I've pretty much grown up with just instant nescafe coffee my whole life and haven't really ventured out to different instant coffee brands or drink brewed coffee at all pretty much :lol Looking to see if there's something better out there :lol
Cameron’s.

Bean or ground, they’re pretty good.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Someone fight me on this, I dare you.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:02 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:01 pm what brands of coffee do you guys drink/whats your favourite? And is it instant or ground/brewed?

Cameron’s.

I thought you were trolling me by saying your coffee/the coffee you make as a joke but I googled it and its legit :lol :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Cameron doesn’t joke. 7% of the time.

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:09 am
zazthespaz wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:02 am

Cameron’s.

I thought you were trolling me by saying your coffee/the coffee you make as a joke but I googled it and its legit :lol :lol
My roommate and I used to order them on Amazon all the time. Vanilla bean is a safe bet, Highlander grog is a bit more exciting but overall pretty tame. I’m in an area where it is in store so I just get whatever is available there now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It took over 2.5 hours but after a 10 min. walk in the dark, a train ride for about 30 minutes where I think some passengers was carrying some illegal stuff and the ride got delayed for a few minutes where I was one stop where I want to be, another train ride for 40 minutes, getting lost in the wrong terminal, and being in line for TSA for 30 minutes, finally at my gate to come home. Been a good weekend there, but I’m ready to get back home and not need to walk a lot. Feet has been exhausted.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Morning lattes and Operation: Mindcrime - the best way to start a day

Post by gbruin »

I get mine here. http://www.michaelwilton.com/whips-pacific-blend/ I'm not a coffee snob, but I think it's very good. It's a ground medium blend and, most importantly to me, it supports one of my all time favorite guitarists.

If you've always gone with Nescafe, it's good to experiment and try a bunch of different things. There are a million options out there so I'm sure you'll find something you like.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So for anyone that does care, here's the audio of the live show I was at from last Friday of the podcast I listen to weekly, Cox n Crendor. Now the show lasted around two hours 45 minutes, but they condensed it to about 100 minutes in this video, which is a bit of a shame, since they edited out some stuff that might too be deemed "too much for Youtube to handle." They also omitted a part where they talked about how certain people hated that E-sports is being shown on ESPN while other stuff like the Spelling Bee is regularly shown where I shouted in the front row, "They showed poker as well," when they agree with me. Here's the video. I do apologize if any wasted minutes you may have listened to in this video, but I had a great time.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

King George

Post by MaraCarr »

This is funny. I’ve been working in the hood lately. It’s a clinic no one wants to work in because the patients scare them. I’m in a critical needs area.

They love me because I keep them alive. I love them! All 68 of them.

Anyway… there is one patient that has a deep AVG (A surgically placed “Artificial Access”called a Graft… that has been placed in his upper thigh…for me to remove his bad blood with a very large needle, clean it, and put in the clean blood with another very large needle.)

I am one of the only one’s that can find it so he doesn’t have to be stuck multiple times. I’ve always loved treasure hunting. So it fits me well. I just love searching for those veins! At times I can’t see or feel them .. I have to use my stethoscope to hear the noise. It sounds so beautiful and then I push the needle where I hear the noise!

So the other day while I was cannulating (fancy word for sticking a big needle into a person) my clients inner thigh we started talking about music to divert the pain. He wasn’t interested in my kind of music so I asked him what he liked? He said do you like Blues? I love Blues. So I was so excited to hear another Blues Band I’ve never heard before.

He said, “Listen to King George for me”. I promised him that I would on my way home from work that very day. He never felt the pain of the needles because I diverted his attention by not only being between his legs but also making his brain focus on something he loves! ;)

I did as I promised and listened to King George. It’s ok not really my kind of music. It’s soul music .. not blues. But I love watching the staff turn it up loud and sing and dance to this music while I work with them! So It’s awesome at certain times! Sharing just one of King George’s songs!
“One Monkey Don’t Stop No Show”… :cheers

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Strange but I don’t drink coffee as much as I used to. I can’t explain it. I used to drink coffee all day and evening. Now I may drink 3 cups per week. I like any Medium Roast,.2 Splenda 2 Cream!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

—-Does anyone else like those Mississippi Mud ice cream sandwiches?

——Listened to the latest Goo Goo Dolls album. I didn’t particularly like it. The prior album before that was okay.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Don't know where else to post this, but what do you guys think is the best Creed song for playing solo acoustic?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Stethoscopes with pictures

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 pm This is funny. I’ve been working in the hood lately. It’s a clinic no one wants to work in because the patients scare them. I’m in a critical needs area.

Anyway… there is one patient that has a deep AVG (A surgically placed “Artificial Access”called a Graft… that has been placed in his upper thigh…for me to remove his bad blood with a very large needle, clean it, and put in the clean blood with another very large needle.)

I am one of the only one’s that can find it so he doesn’t have to be stuck multiple times. I’ve always loved treasure hunting. So it fits me well. I just love searching for those veins! At times I can’t see or feel them .. I have to use my stethoscope to hear the noise. It sounds so beautiful and then I push the needle where I hear the noise!

So the other day while I was cannulating (fancy word for sticking a big needle into a person) my clients inner thigh we started talking about music to divert the pain. He wasn’t interested in my kind of music so I asked him what he liked? He said do you like Blues? I love Blues. So I was so excited to hear another Blues Band I’ve never heard before.

He said, “Listen to King George for me”. I promised him that I would on my way home from work that very day. He never felt the pain of the needles because I diverted his attention by not only being between his legs but also making his brain focus on something he loves! ;)
You really are special. :hug

Do you guys ever use US to localize the graft? If it's in the hood, maybe there's no US machine (yay US medicine... :facepalm), but it's getting pretty much routine for lots of our PIVs, and for sure for every central line.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Stethoscopes with pictures

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:25 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 pm This is funny. I’ve been working in the hood lately. It’s a clinic no one wants to work in because the patients scare them. I’m in a critical needs area.

You really are special. :hug

Do you guys ever use US to localize the graft? If it's in the hood, maybe there's no US machine (yay US medicine... :facepalm), but it's getting pretty much routine for lots of our PIVs, and for sure for every central line.
We are the US machines. 😂 We rely on each other to be successful. I can’t do it without the rest of the team. I’m thankful that this place has such amazing teamwork! It’s so important… and I don’t hesitate to say that they are incredible and I’m honored to be their charge. We need each other to be successful for the patients. We put them first.

I had one last week no one could hit. Her arm was so swollen I couldn’t feel the graft she had. I used my stethoscope to pinpoint the sound and did a blind stick. Thankfully I hit it twice. I made her count out loud through both sticks! It is always so satisfying when I don’t miss! I would love one of those US. I’ve thought of buying one myself just to make my job easier. They are about 500.00.

It’s been an interesting place so far. I had to send one out by EMS today with chest pains. He is one that only shows up for treatment once or twice per month. I Had another one take klonopin before treatment. He was zonked out all four hours …then while his wife was trying to get him in the car he fell out of his wheel chair onto the pavement. I had to run out of the clinic and make sure he didn’t hit his head. Scuffed his knee and elbow! I’ve had a rough day. Thankful I’m off til Tuesday.

It’s certainly a special place. I know I am supposed to be there. ;)