The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

Also, I was just looking through some old threads and found this.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:37 am "Smak" by Satelite (this one seemed a bit far fetched but I can see the resemblance)
https://youtu.be/3LCj4M_QDBE?t=1m26s
WHAAAA? No idea how you ended up finding something by an ex-Yugoslavian band, but that's pretty cool. Also, the song is Satelit and the band is Smak. I actually was just listening to one of their songs yesterday.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At Hollywood Palladium for my first concert of the year. Going to see Bush and Jerry Cantrell.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Sounds like a random question, but when multiple acts play a show, and one act is on stage playing, where are the other acts? Are they watching from somewhere in the audience? Are they backstage? Do they have a special section in the audience for themselves? Where are they?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:02 pm Sounds like a random question, but when multiple acts play a show, and one act is on stage playing, where are the other acts? Are they watching from somewhere in the audience? Are they backstage? Do they have a special section in the audience for themselves? Where are they?
Depending on the venue, but there should be a room somewhere in the building where bands can relax before they come up on stage. Sometimes, they may check out other bands on the side of the stage.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:30 pm Well, since people are talking here about concerts they want to go to, I might chime in.

Anybody going to see Nickelback on their summer tour? I might go either to Milwaukee on August 5 or Chicago on August 19.

Also, I'm patiently waiting for Halestorm to announce another US tour. They're playing Upheaval in July so I hope they come close to our area somewhere around then. Hopefully not June because we want to go to Serbia then, and also hopefully not on a day when I have a scheduled show to play. And please...bring back the Meet & Greets!

Furthermore, I wonder what's going on with Volbeat these days. They haven't announced any shows for the future minus an opening set for Metallica in Gothenburg. Fingers crossed that they also announce a US tour so I can finally see them at a headliner show.

I would love to go see Nickelback and Halestorm. My next Venue will be Daytona in May. I am reserving VIP from Thursday til Sunday. Amazing lineup every single day. I went last year to see Megadeth and GNR. Show got rained out. but I am going to take a chance this year. Hopefully weather will be good! It was still a lot of fun even in the rain.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Front row center, too.

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:40 pm When I read you made it for only the last 5 songs, I was like "WTF, Mara? Where are your priorities?" :shrug ;)

Of course, your priorities are right where they are supposed to be because you are beautiful human.

You deserve a smooth night and an entire show sometime on this tour, or again very soon.

I made it to the ROXY. First time I've ever been there. I was in love with it all. Toured the stadium, Got my sweet friend a JONES Jersey from the Braves Store. Then I just happened to stumble across a Sports Memorabilia Exhibition at the Renaissance where I was staying. I was able to find my friend a signed Official World Series 1995 baseball..by Chipper Jones ....It even has dirt on it! How amazing is that?

Everything happens for a reason!

I was there right when the doors opened and bought a fast pass! It was so incredible..I had tears, well the people I was around... we all had tears and laughter. We were all so happy to be there in that moment celebrating something so phenomenal. It was such a great celebration, so truly happy for them! Every single performer gave ALL and we felt it!
Such an amazing concert! I was so exhausted by the time I found my room ....some time later! :peace

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I can't not brag about this. I just got nominated for a Rockford Area Music Industry award for Acoustic Rock Cover act! I'm so honored to be on the list among some amazing musicians and friends.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Congratulations, Max! That's fantastic! :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:56 pm I can't not brag about this. I just got nominated for a Rockford Area Music Industry award for Acoustic Rock Cover act! I'm so honored to be on the list among some amazing musicians and friends.
Congratulations! That’s Wonderful! Very Proud. :hug

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At LAX for the first of three flight to Atlanta, to Detroit, and finally to Toronto to go see my first AB show of 2023. Going indulge in as much Canadian stuff. Going to eat poutine. Going to visit the Hockey hall of fame. Going to wear a hockey jersey outside of a hockey game and not feel out of place.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "extra moose with maple syrup."

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:39 pm At LAX for the first of three flight to Atlanta, to Detroit, and finally to Toronto to go see my first AB show of 2023. Going indulge in as much Canadian stuff. Going to eat poutine. Going to visit the Hockey hall of fame. Going to wear a hockey jersey outside of a hockey game and not feel out of place.
Be prepared for a variety of poutine options. Last time I was in CA I wanted to do the same thing and was offered a variety of flavors. I don't remember what I got, not sure if that's a good thing or not.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, after having a Polish breakfast and a walk around. Back at the hotel room. Probably head out in 90 minutes to get in line. Not all that fussed to try to get a close spot. I still want a clear view, but I’ve had my moment on the rail centered. Someone else can take it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:30 pm All right, after having a Polish breakfast
Speaking as a Pole, whatever the hell what it is, and how expensive was it?

Btw, I'm gonna be in Toronto in June, my first ever transatlantic journey, it's gonna be great!!!
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I had a wiener, tomatoes, cucumber, potato pancakes, scrambled eggs, with rye toast with some mustard. Set me back $15 including tip. I thought about getting an order of pierogis, but I was still felt full from yesterday so this breakfast was on the light side. I liked it enough.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The Official "Totally Random Cuisine" Thread

Post by gbruin »

When we used to travel to Detroit for kids' hockey, we usually stayed in a hotel by the airport and there was a polish restaurant about 5 minutes walk down the road that was amazing. Some of the best food I ever had in my life at that place.

Have a great time, angy! Start with the standard poutine (fries, bowl gravy, and curds) and afterwards try some different toppings or meat with the gravy. Poutine is my favorite comfort food ever!

And be sure and give a nod in appreciation at those 2022 names on the Cup when you're in Toronto.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, back at the airport. Took about 75 minutes to wait in line, get security check through and get through customs but I’m at the gate to get back to LA.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And they had one!

Post by zazthespaz »

I like how the Super Bowl commercials were so bad this year that even YouTube isn't doing a recap section of them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

No posts in over a week?

Post by maximzub »

Mods, is there a length limit for posts on this board? I did a write-up of my experience seeing Alter Bridge live and then meeting Mark Tremonti, but I think I'm gonna need to break it up into a few parts.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Just sell the novel on Amazon.

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 pm Mods, is there a length limit for posts on this board? I did a write-up of my experience seeing Alter Bridge live and then meeting Mark Tremonti, but I think I'm gonna need to break it up into a few parts.
I don't think so, but if you have to ask, you may want to keep the phrase "TL;DR" in mind :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Screw Amazon.

Post by maximzub »

TL;DR: I went to an Alter Bridge concert and had fun. The next day, I met Mark Tremonti and he signed my guitar and some other stuff. Big deal.

In all seriousness, I'm gonna read over my write-up today and hopefully post it tonight. It probably will be in two parts, one for the concert and one for the Meet & Greet. And spoiler alert: in an attempt to emulate anguyen, I did talk about food.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!