The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB23
Still Remains

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by AB23 »

Jim wrote:Disappointing.

Whats going on at American Universities to create all these crazy killers and suicidal happenings?! Ya know it bothers me so much how much pressure and stress is put on young people over there. What with all the -
- Prom Kings and Queens
- Jocks
- Sophomore vs Varsity vs Freshman vs Junior (BULLSHIT)
- Cheerleaders
- Letterman Jackets
.. to name a few of the disgusting things that bound the youth of America into feeling constant peer pressure, why must EVERYTHING be branded with a nickname? I see all these movies and talk to so many of ya'll and others over there, and it seems as soon as a person hits age 11.. Until they're nearly 30; its just them trying to conform to the popularity competition that is American Life. We dont have any of that crap over here in Europe at all.. There's no segregation between teenagers based on what part of secondary school they're in, thats the part that pisses me off the most. And kills thousands of kids every day trying to be the cool kid or the smart kid or the hot kid or the richest kid... It's just bullshit.

Total bullshit, and it leads to these people going fucking NUTS not too long after and some go crazy from the pressure. The NEED and demand to succeed is horrifically high.
ill put in my weekly thought then ill slip back out into mediocrity...

jim some societies are 100% based on caste systems... so saying that profiling someone like that is the reason for such shootings is unfair. these shootings happen because of the media. the people doing these things are longing for attention, and when it comes to gunmen, when the media releases their names for the world to see, they are getting exactly what they want. as for suicides, they happen everywhere. EVERYWHERE. yes they are very unfortunate, but america is such a large populated country that ya the numbers are higher. but you will not go to a country these days where it doesnt happen.

guns may be very easy to access in america, but what you dont hear about in the news is how many shootings are STOPPED by guns. a possible shooting was stopped at my uni just 2 months ago. sure, go ahead and ban guns altogether. laws stop criminals from breaking them right? my point, a criminal will have access to guns somehow and someway.

hahahaha holy shit my dog just tried to jump from my bed to my desk and slammed headfirst into the side of the desk. sorry, but it had me rolling for like 5 minutes.

stereotyping americans like that is not fair. people risk their lives to come here. there is no better country. the reason shootings happen is because people are looking for attention, and the medias gonna give it to them. even if it means the end of their life. my dad was born in england. he moved here because he grew up in such a shitty neighborhood. he was FORCED to enlist in the military. as soon as his term was done he gtfo of there. he hated it. he was 13 years old and experienced in bar fights because of where he grew up. there are bad things about every country. but the amount of positives that my country has to offer cannot be argued. there is a reason america is considered a leader of this world. think of all the countries considered "leaders" and think about how our governments differ and you can use your head about which is more efficient and ultimately better overall. i have nothing against england, or any other country for that matter. but it bothers me when people try to steer blame for tragic events on a country, or for the wrong reasons. school shootings happen cuz there are lettermens jackets? prom kings? fuck no they dont. they happen because excessive bullying, which happens in england too, leads kids to want attention, which the media gives them.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: mainly the dog interjection.

Post by zazthespaz »

AB23's best post yet. For multiple reasons.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

:yeahthat

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

zazisaspaz wrote:
Ryan wrote:Kids?
i just noticed this (and the edit on thrav's post- haha thank you whoever did that)
but yeah aren't you married with children? and a little girl on the way? you don't count, don't worry
Yes...lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Circles
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Circles »

Jim wrote:Disappointing.

Whats going on at American Universities to create all these crazy killers and suicidal happenings?! Ya know it bothers me so much how much pressure and stress is put on young people over there. What with all the -
- Prom Kings and Queens
- Jocks
- Sophomore vs Varsity vs Freshman vs Junior (BULLSHIT)
- Cheerleaders
- Letterman Jackets
.. to name a few of the disgusting things that bound the youth of America into feeling constant peer pressure, why must EVERYTHING be branded with a nickname? I see all these movies and talk to so many of ya'll and others over there, and it seems as soon as a person hits age 11.. Until they're nearly 30; its just them trying to conform to the popularity competition that is American Life. We dont have any of that crap over here in Europe at all.. There's no segregation between teenagers based on what part of secondary school they're in, thats the part that pisses me off the most. And kills thousands of kids every day trying to be the cool kid or the smart kid or the hot kid or the richest kid... It's just bullshit.

Total bullshit, and it leads to these people going fucking NUTS not too long after and some go crazy from the pressure. The NEED and demand to succeed is horrifically high.
id say taking your view of american culture from movies is disappointing jimbo
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOSH NEW BOARD

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

Jim relax he wasn't even a kid ...he was 30 years old

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

obama keeps pushing gun reform but i really think this country needs mental health reform

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

its a shame these things happen, but blaming a country on it, in my opinion, is extremely unreasonable and unthoughtful. every single time someone kills himself or others in a country i wouldnt wanna put blame on that country, otherwise none of us would tolerate the other at all

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

come on Chris. you know Jim is gonna be Jim. You also can't empathize completely and be completely accurate in your analysis of a way of living in a country unless you lived it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

lol i realize jim means well. unfortunately its an argument that us, as americans, have been having more and more of lately.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AB23 wrote:but what you dont hear about in the news is how many shootings are STOPPED by guns.
Probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. Using to guns to stop guns sounds like hiring rapists to go around raping the rapists just to make them stop. Or get murderers to murder all the murderers to stop them murdering. I'm not having a gun conversation here..

I'm just saying, with all the pressure on teens, especially in America with all the teenage profiling that goes on, its definitely a factor into why some of these uni students go nuts and kill everyone.

Jim
Blood Machines

Re: but pictures are acceptable.

Post by Jim »

zazthespaz wrote:
Jim wrote:no need for that Robert.
:lol Jim you talked about banging a girl with a boob hair and hating it! how is this more censorable? (don't explain it too dirty, my mind can't handle that)
Who are you, my private monitor? Be gone

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Period sex is much more horrid than boob hair.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

x100

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jim wrote:
AB23 wrote:but what you dont hear about in the news is how many shootings are STOPPED by guns.
Probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. Using to guns to stop guns sounds like hiring rapists to go around raping the rapists just to make them stop. Or get murderers to murder all the murderers to stop them murdering. I'm not having a gun conversation here..
Wow Jim.. What a horrible comparison..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Hiring rapists to rape rapists would admittedly be hilarious

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

It's brutally true. Because guns are brutal.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Jim, please don't ban Cameron

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Do it. For teh lulz

Circles
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Circles »

Jim wrote:

I'm just saying, with all the pressure on teens, especially in America with all the teenage profiling that goes on, its definitely a factor into why some of these uni students go nuts and kill everyone.
america is built on machiavellianism its par for the course
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOSH NEW BOARD