The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MaraCarr »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:18 pm Just did the Hot Ones challenge for the first time ever after wanting to do it for so long. #9 was the only sauce to really give me any trouble tho :lol I think it was the first time I've ever experienced heartburn in recent memory :lol :eek

I love it! I will avoid #9!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Row by myself, obviously. Just weird.

Post by zazthespaz »

Thanks for the input on Frontier! United is only $100 more and I get double miles and 1 free checked bag with them so may just do that instead.

Thinking I'm going to see the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast live tonight in Houston. It's weird looking at the seating chart for myself; do I buy one of the seats in between other people, or do I get one of the seats in a row by myself? There really aren't any other options :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Get a seat where you have a chance to have a row all to yourself. It's likely to make your flight more relaxing and thus don't have to deal with the idea of screaming children near you.

As for me, I'm in an interesting spot with my Orlando trip. Here are the variables. If I package the flight and the particular hotel I want to be in (which only has two rooms left as of right now), it would cost me $840.00 on Expedia. If I book the flight and hotel separately on Expedia, it would cost $885.00 with the guarantee that I get a small refund back if the price of the flight (which is around $500.00) is lowered any time from now to the day of the trip. Do I take that $45.00 chance in hopes that my actual package would end up being under $800.00?

I don't think the hotel room price is going to be any lower. I've been in that hotel room and it's a nice stay, so I think I need to lock that one up soon.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:12 pm Thanks for the input on Frontier! United is only $100 more and I get double miles and 1 free checked bag with them so may just do that instead.

Thinking I'm going to see the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast live tonight in Houston. It's weird looking at the seating chart for myself; do I buy one of the seats in between other people, or do I get one of the seats in a row by myself? There really aren't any other options :lol
Buy the one in between other people. I have met so many amazing people by doing that. Don't sit by yourself.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:12 pm Thanks for the input on Frontier! United is only $100 more and I get double miles and 1 free checked bag with them so may just do that instead.

United is a good choice. it's a step up from Frontier as far as comfort.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

On the Road Again...

Post by MaraCarr »

I decided that I can't stay in one place right now so I went back to travel. My first week back. I worked 72 hours. 6 ... 12 hour days. My whole body hurts. :wtf

I enjoyed the easy life and free time of wound care and learned a lot. But honestly ...there was nothing like coming home to dialysis....I am good at what I do and I keep people alive long enough to say goodbye and some even get a second chance. :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

My Granddog...

Post by MaraCarr »

My daughter works as an RN in the emergency room, my eldest is an RN in the burn/trauma operating room. I had a day off so I came to visit my youngest and her husband who always has me a guest room ready. I am keeping my granddog and 5 grandcats today. They are animal lovers and save all strays. So Samson..my granddog...loves his ball. I admit it...I taught him fetch when he was big enough to fit on the top of my shoe. Today has been so funny. my daughter and son in law had to work... so I am with the animals.

Samson likes for me to take his ball and fold it deeply into a bed comforter so he can find it. I've been easy and I've been hard with him. He is definately created for ball hunting ....no matter the obstacles he finds the ball! Its so funny. He looks so happy when I am hiding it. I wish ya'll could see his face.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:23 pm
As for me, I'm in an interesting spot with my Orlando trip. Here are the variables. If I package the flight and the particular hotel I want to be in (which only has two rooms left as of right now), it would cost me $840.00 on Expedia. If I book the flight and hotel separately on Expedia, it would cost $885.00 with the guarantee that I get a small refund back if the price of the flight (which is around $500.00) is lowered any time from now to the day of the trip. Do I take that $45.00 chance in hopes that my actual package would end up being under $800.00?

I don't think the hotel room price is going to be any lower. I've been in that hotel room and it's a nice stay, so I think I need to lock that one up soon.
Does $800.00 already include the $275.00 for the party itself?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It doesn't. I've already parted with the money. The price of the listening party is not a factor in my budgeting plans at this point.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Holy shit this row is high up though.

Post by zazthespaz »

MaraCarr wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:39 pm

Buy the one in between other people. I have met so many amazing people by doing that. Don't sit by yourself.
I like the idea! Opted for a loner seat though, I’ve got broad shoulders and while these seats aren’t too bad, they’re small enough that I’d be uncomfortable in between others.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On a positive note, I discovered something interesting. I found out that if I take a train from the ARTIC in Anaheim to Union Station in LA, there's a bus service that can go from Union Station to LAX. The round trip would cost me only $51.50 and would take about 90 minutes to get to the airport. That's not too bad. I wouldn't need to risk parking at a hotel lot near LAX and risk my car getting broken into for three days. Flying out of LAX can be an option now.

Edit: All right, I decided to lock up booking my hotel stay in Orlando now. There's only two rooms left and at $125.00 a night for three nights, I think it's all right to lock it up now. It's the best hotel closest to the Abbey and a short walk away which is important since AB is enforcing the no cell phone to the venue rule. I think I made the right call to book it now.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

4 years ago last month, my lady and I last attended a rock show... Slayer's final tour with Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Testament and Napalm Death.

I finally got up the nerve and bought the damn tickets!
Next month at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor, Maine... GHOST with Mastodon and Spiritbox! Should be a fucking blast!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So...another night of crying myself to sleep is in the books.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I've locked the flight to Orlando. Set me back $465.00 (which includes Expedia's they will refund the difference in price if the flight I've booked from now until the day of the trip guarantee). Flight and hotel for three nights is now at $835.00. That's pretty steep, but that's how inflation and the pandemic does in this day and age. No matter. Two trips now. Chicago this weekend and Orlando at the end of September. Should be some fun times.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On another note, I'm trying to find something to eat in Chicago outside of the Deep Dish Pizza, Italian Beef, Polish Sausage hot dog, and I found something quite interesting.

Apparently, there is a sandwich called the Jibarito where the bread is smashed and fried plantains. It mainly came from Puerto Rico and found its way to Chicago. I got to get in on that. I found a place you can have the sandwich with lechon as the meat as well, so that will be the first thing I will eat there.

Just look at this thing. Did anyone see this and think the bread is fried plantains?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, on vacation mode now. At John Wayne airport to go to Chicago to watch a live show of my favorite podcast, Cox n Crendor. Going to be a good trip and I may post my 10000th post in Chicago.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: sorry, Bobby

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:46 pm I may post my 10000th post in Chicago.
If it's not a picture of deep dish, I will be disappointed.

Safe travels - have fun! LMK how Chicago is, it's on my list of places I'm considering moving to.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You got it, Zaz. 10k will be me posting a pic of a deep dish pizza, it will be my dinner tomorrow. Today’s dinner will be at Nando’s.

Edit: I’m not falling for that one, Gbruin.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Hey Andrew, I have a quick question for you...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

K-pop is the same thing as Hentai, right?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.