The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, here we go. Going to take a train from Anaheim to Union Station and then taking a bus to go to LAX to fly to Orlando. Here we go, baby.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Look out, it's a Monarch butterfly!!

Post by gbruin »

You gotta wonder about someone who gets bitten by a ladybug. If the most adorable and benign member of the entire animal kingdom is pissed at you, it might be time to reconsider your life choices.

Or just hurry up and move to Colorado already. Our ladybugs are most kind.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Play Colt 45 by Afroman next

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:52 pm You gotta wonder about someone who gets bitten by a ladybug. If the most adorable and benign member of the entire animal kingdom is pissed at you, it might be time to reconsider your life choices.

Or just hurry up and move to Colorado already. Our ladybugs are most kind.
Friggin ants are spreading word to the insect kingdom that I taste good. That's what I get for using Dr. Squatch all natural soap. #notanad

Speaking of Colorado/Denver - Amazon is playing the Denver/Indianapolis game and (supposedly) because Denver's color is orange, they used "Orange Crush" by R.E.M. as a sting to go to commercials. That song is about a nerve agent used in the Vietnam War...? I get it's catchy but should it really be used like that? The lyrics "I've got my spine, I've got my Orange Crush" they played felt kind of inappropriate right after watching the Colts player stumble after taking a hard hit to his back.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I’m in a hotel in the middle of nowhere with no Wi-Fi and no sink water. Shower works though. I’ll adjust. Still had an ok night sleep without issues.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So despite being Vietnamese and living in an area where I can get Vietnamese food pretty close. I’m traveled 2,500 miles and fill my limited meals slots in Orlando on Vietnamese food. I’m sure it’s bound to be good regardless.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Nantucket

Post by MaraCarr »

Anyone ever been to Nantucket? I’m a little nervous.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I wonder why Airlines haven’t created a children section in an airplane. I really don’t like hearing screaming children yelling at 4:30 am and I really hate it more when the parents don’t do anything about it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:48 am I wonder why Airlines haven’t created a children section in an airplane. I really don’t like hearing screaming children yelling at 4:30 am and I really hate it more when the parents don’t do anything about it.
I think the only way to go here is business/first class - less likely to encounter kids over there. Although, from what I've seen, (in LOT Polish Airlines on shorter flights) the only difference between the classes is a veil between rows, so if a kid is right up front in economy and you're at the back in business/first class you'll still get the screaming.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Noise canceling headphones is really the way to go on any public transport. Can't blame children for being children and parents for not having 100% control.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right. Finally made it back to LA. Just at Union Station, eating a breakfast burrito before the train arrives to go to Anaheim in an hour.

It took 15 hours from when I left my hotel room in Orlando to when I am able to get home in the OC. I need a breather. Going to go to church in an hour and then afterwards, I'll get cracking composing my long posts about my trip. I'm only going to do three parts since there wasn't any big AB-related stuff after the listening party that I experienced.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Learned helplessness is real

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:48 am I wonder why Airlines haven’t created a children section in an airplane. I really don’t like hearing screaming children yelling at 4:30 am and I really hate it more when the parents don’t do anything about it.
I can guarantee you that the parent would do something about it if he/she could. You will understand this one day.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Learned helplessness is real

Post by Dan Dando »

gbruin wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:06 am
I can guarantee you that the parent would do something about it if he/she could. You will understand this one day.
Yeah, isn’t it often something to do with their ears hurting because of the pressure, or something? Poor sods.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dear goodness, my next post of the listening party is already 10 paragraphs and I've only gotten to the part after I met the band at the meet and greet and stated where I was standing in the floor for the show. I'm probably going to add another 10 paragraphs of the entire event itself.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Anybody here use YikYak? I just got it yesterday and it's so addictive.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Help with iPhone music cover art issues PLEASE!!

Post by gbruin »

I finally upgraded to a new(er) iPhone 12 but now I'm having a problem with my music. I still buy CDs and load them on to our shared desktop library which works as it always has, but now when I manually transfer my music to my phone, the wrong album art is showing up on my phone (the new Queensrÿche album displays an old Aerosmith cover art) and this is bugging the crap out of me.

I've googled and seen this is a common problem for many people without any easily reliable fix. Anyone else have this issue and want to advise me what to do? (besides calling Apple support like I have been all day...)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Score 1 for vinyl.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:23 pm I finally upgraded to a new(er) iPhone 12 but now I'm having a problem with my music. I still buy CDs and load them on to our shared desktop library which works as it always has, but now when I manually transfer my music to my phone, the wrong album art is showing up on my phone (the new Queensrÿche album displays an old Aerosmith cover art) and this is bugging the crap out of me.

I've googled and seen this is a common problem for many people without any easily reliable fix. Anyone else have this issue and want to advise me what to do? (besides calling Apple support like I have been all day...)
Have you tried manually adding an album cover in iTunes and then doing the sync once you've assigned album art where desired? Bit of a time eater between saving and uploading, but that's the only suggestion I can think of.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’m pretty sure they’ve been making their Music app as useless as possible for loading MP3s manually to encourage switching to an Apple Music subscription.

I know iTunes uses to let you upload manual images for album covers, but I haven’t messed with it in the Music app since they rebranded it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Help with iPhone music cover art issues PLEASE!!

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:23 pm I finally upgraded to a new(er) iPhone 12 but now I'm having a problem with my music. I still buy CDs and load them on to our shared desktop library which works as it always has, but now when I manually transfer my music to my phone, the wrong album art is showing up on my phone (the new Queensrÿche album displays an old Aerosmith cover art) and this is bugging the crap out of me.

Aww! you Upgraded...I am so proud of you!.... I think it's a sign.

I think you should go all they way....take back the 12...get the 14! :cloud9

GET THE 14! :) :)
Last edited by MaraCarr on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

My Contract is Officially over in 3 days! Yay!!!

Post by MaraCarr »

I am going on Vacation with my grown kids, I am grateful they want to vacation with me and I feel so incredibly blessed, I love spending time with them and I am meeting my friends and their families, its going to be so much fun. We are going to ride coasters nonstop for 7 days! I am so excited! :)

A Coaster for breakfast, A Coaster for Lunch, A Coaster for Dinner and Halloween Horror Nights at Midnight. I can't wait!!!! :cloud9

I've missed my little Paradise....so so much!

I can hardly contain myself! We are touring all 10 houses!!!!! :peace :peace Best Vacation Ever!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm too pissed off right now to write anything after watching that Kings hockey game. This is how I feel right now.