The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:24 am So it seems like Twitter is going down the Tubes soon.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I feel like that’s just wishful thinking coming from folks who aren’t a fan of the man in charge. When you look at what Elon Musk has achieved with SpaceX, I’ll be very surprised if he can’t steer a social media platform into safer waters. I’m not on Twitter myself so thankfully I’m okay either way :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Namely, me.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:02 am
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:24 am So it seems like Twitter is going down the Tubes soon. Would we get a bump in activity here?
Interesting thought, never considered that. Maybe a little bit more traffic from the bored clickers. Instead of "I'm bored, let me see what's happening on Twitter" they'll come to TABN instead? Probably a small amount of people, if any, though.
Even if it's like 4 people, that's a 50% increase! Could the servers handle such a load, is the question.

Musk is a prick, though (he says whilst checking his twitter tab every 15 minutes).
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: TwitterABN

Post by zazthespaz »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:05 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:24 am So it seems like Twitter is going down the Tubes soon.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I feel like that’s just wishful thinking coming from folks who aren’t a fan of the man in charge. When you look at what Elon Musk has achieved with SpaceX, I’ll be very surprised if he can’t steer a social media platform into safer waters. I’m not on Twitter myself so thankfully I’m okay either way :D
Have you heard about how 75% of Twitter employees did not agree to his ultimatum of hardcore work and accepted the severance package instead? Or how he locked the doors to the offices and disabled keycards?
NEW: Twitter just alerted employees that effective immediately, all office buildings are temporarily closed and badge access is suspended. No details given as to why.
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/ ... BFuRl2KMAw
We’re hearing that a lot of Twitter employees have not signed Elon Musk’s hardcore job offer. Now, it appears he’s relaxing the remote work policy:
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/ ... BFuRl2KMAw

I agree that it's probably a lot of people who aren't fans of Elon saying it's going to fail, but the amount of layoffs, unhappy workers, and problems with the platform since he took over have skyrocketed.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: TwitterABN

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:25 pm Have you heard about how…
Sure, I’ve heard all the stories. But there’ll be plenty of people who will buy into his vision for Twitter going forward. So I don’t see any evidence that Twitter is going down the tubes, so to speak. I see plenty of evidence of disruption but not much more really.

C’est la vie either way :cheers

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Namely, me (TB).

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:24 am So it seems like Twitter is going down the Tubes soon. Would we get a bump in activity here?
Interesting thought, never considered that. Maybe a little bit more traffic from the bored clickers. Instead of "I'm bored, let me see what's happening on Twitter" they'll come to TABN instead? Probably a small amount of people, if any, though.
I don't know, I feel like the board is really only populated with those of us who have been around for a while. I don't know if today's social media normies have the patience for a relatively slow moving forum. We're a relic from the before times.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

You could say I'm losing patience....

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:58 pm
I don't know, I feel like the board is really only populated with those of us who have been around for a while. I don't know if today's social media normies have the patience for a relatively slow moving forum. We're a relic from the before times.
I can attest to that. As a young member of this board, I sometimes get frustrated when nobody posts on here for a relatively short time (which feels like a long time to me).
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So in my journey to being more of a responsible adult, when it comes to financial health, the next step is for me to finally get into investing into something. I have no idea where to start. I think a safe bet is to invest few thousand into some low-cost Index Funds and go from there. I do have a 401k, so that's good news.

Also, on another note, I'm thinking about staying at an AirBnB instead of a hotel room for my Toronto trip in February. Seems cheaper than if I book a hotel room, after all of the fees for the AirBnB is accounted for, and closer to the venue that AB is playing in. No idea what an AirBnB is like, but I think it should be fine.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 pm So in my journey to being more of a responsible adult, when it comes to financial health, the next step is for me to finally get into investing into something. I have no idea where to start. I think a safe bet is to invest few thousand into some low-cost Index Funds and go from there. I do have a 401k, so that's good news.
With inflation up and a recession around the corner, long term bonds can be a whole lot safer than index funds, especially if you pick an area that is more likely to suffer in an economic downturn.

Therefore...Start by finding a good financial planner or someone who has a lot of experience and success with money management.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

NOBODY TOLD ME METALLICA WAS RELEASING A NEW SONG.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:24 am NOBODY TOLD ME METALLICA WAS RELEASING A NEW SONG.
Nobody knew in fact.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Especially Lars

Post by gbruin »

Pretty interesting that they could keep that kind of thing a secret.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Look at this photograph!

Post by zazthespaz »

AB didn't even crack the top 5 for me...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Look at this graaaph....

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:30 pm AB didn't even crack the top 5 for me...
That's a nice...graph.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I was scrolling through my YouTube feed, and this showed up. And my first reaction was, "Wait, isn't that Crumbso?"
:lol :lol :lol :facepalm

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Are you too young to remember Harold, son?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

:wave Thinking about various social media alternatives and got nostalgic for music forums.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Toyota Arena in Ontario, California for Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the 4th time in 5 years.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

agny wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:59 pm
:wave Thinking about various social media alternatives and got nostalgic for music forums.
S'up, agny! :rockon
anguyen92 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm At the Toyota Arena in Ontario, California for Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the 4th time in 5 years.
Was that one of the shows Mariah Formica played? I am still waiting to see Plush live. Just hasn't worked out yet.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:46 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm At the Toyota Arena in Ontario, California for Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the 4th time in 5 years.
Was that one of the shows Mariah Formica played? I am still waiting to see Plush live. Just hasn't worked out yet.
I never pay attention to who are the vocalists for the TSO West legs aside from Jeff Scott Soto, who always does an excellent job in This Christmas Day, but recalling the band introductions, I did hear that they had a new vocalist for this tour. I didn't know it was the vocalist of Plush. And yes, I did watch Plush open for Halestorm and Evanescence last year at the back half of their set and they were good.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:48 am I was scrolling through my YouTube feed, and this showed up. And my first reaction was, "Wait, isn't that Crumbso?"
:lol :lol :lol :facepalm

:lol That fellow is also the mascot for Internet Historian.