The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

maximzub wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:45 am
Dolo wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 am I kinda got lost along the way - do you still want to pursue that relationship or not? Have you told her about your feelings? Have you been rejected?
I want to save our friendship first, before deciding whether I still want to pursue a romantic relationship. No, I have not told her about my feelings, so if we do become closer friends, I still have a shot.
May I also add that I survived (and actually grew to like) three "deal-breakers", meaning things that I wouldn't normally like in a friend/girlfriend?

1) She is a big-time Christian, but I'm not religious. (I'm not atheist either; I fully support anyone's religious beliefs.)
2) She wants to major in psychology in college. (In my opinion, psychology is a useless major, and since she is really smart in the STEM fields as well, she could be doing something else. However, I understand why she chose that to be her major, because she is devoted to helping people emotionally.)
3) She just cut her hair short. (Mine is halfway long for a boy, so we joke that we have matching hairstyles now. Plus, I have to admit, it looks cute on her.)
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: How to create your own General Admission show!

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:02 pm
maximzub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:55 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:56 pm What's Metallica?
Metallica is an American heavy metal band. The band was formed in 1981 in Los Angeles by vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich, and has been based in San Francisco for most of its career.[1][2] The band's fast tempos, instrumentals and aggressive musicianship made them one of the founding "big four" bands of thrash metal, alongside Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer. Metallica's current lineup comprises founding members and primary songwriters Hetfield and Ulrich, longtime lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, and bassist Robert Trujillo. Guitarist Dave Mustaine (who went on to form Megadeth after being fired from the band) and bassists Ron McGovney, Cliff Burton (who died in a bus accident in Sweden in 1986) and Jason Newsted are former members of the band....
I can assure you that anguyen has forgotten more about Metallica than either of us know. Well, more than you know, anyway, since I first saw Metallica in 88, roughly 15 years before you were born. We had seats stage right in I think row 28 on the floor, until our seats were subsequently reduced to small scraps of metal and plastic...

The chaos begins around 27:30 in the middle of Whiplash when LAPD cut power to the stage..errrr, there was a "power outage". The fans then on the floor, most of whom began the set in the bleachers - where their tickets were - were unpleased. But the band did get to sit and take a little break on the drum riser which was nice for them because it was a really freaking hot day.

And to think I was there to see Scorps and Van Hagar and not these young upstarts that day, but Metallica, Los Angeles, and the 80s were a magical combination. Ahh, good times. But anyway, Kev is a walking rock encyclopedia and he gets me on stuff all the time, so I think he was being facetious when he asked you who Metallica was.

It never gets old... :) Made my day!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, this is an interesting crossover that I thought I would never witness ever. So I follow a hockey Youtuber by the name of Steve Dangle. He has a Youtube channel and podcast where he raves and rants and screams about the Toronto Maple Leafs. Over the course of the last few days, he's getting it on verbally with Edge (yes, the WWE superstar that has our band play his theme song. That Edge) regarding naturally about their Leafs fandom. Now apparently, Dangle is going to get Edge on his podcast this week. I'm excited as a hockey fan and a guy that used to follow wrestling (not so much nowadays due to how neutered the product is in the states, nowadays).

gbruin
MEGLADONG

No one is a loser

Post by gbruin »

If you ever feel down, just remember, you won your first race.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: No one is a loser

Post by Ubik »

gbruin wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:50 pm If you ever feel down, just remember, you won your first race.
This is also why everyone's good at wiggling. That's science.
For all of the hope that it brings...

maximzub
On The Rail

High school crushes are the worst

Post by maximzub »

On Monday, I told Anna (that's her codename, I'm not giving away her real name) that I really appreciated that she was open and honest with me, and she accepted that and was happy. She even told me what the rumors about me were, but that she doesn't believe them. That was a welcome surprise. I told her that if there's anything she wants to know more about me, ask, or if there's anything about me that's bugging her, tell me so I can fix it or stop right away. We were happy as we parted ways, and the next two times that we saw each other (only briefly), we greeted each other happily, with waves and (probably) smiles.

Today she told me that she heard about me joking with other friends that she was my girlfriend, and that she didn't view our relationship as such. I agreed, apologized, promised that I wouldn't do it again, thanked her for telling me, and reminded her to ask if there was anything else wrong. She's clearly still upset. I don't want to text her about it more (last text was just left on "seen").

Friday is the next time I see her. She's still in the dark about my feelings for her, although I think that by now she may be suspecting that something is going on. Would an honest, face to face talk with her in which I reveal my feelings make things worse or not? If they would make things worse, then I'll instead tell her that we should probably take a break from each other.

When we're already talking about breaks, I might need a break from this forum because it's cutting into my schoolwork.
Last edited by maximzub on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Dude, I miss the simple days of high school crushes

Post by gbruin »

High school crushes only seem like the worst because you're in high school. You will unfortunately discover things as you go on that are far far worse than any unrequited high school crush.

My opinion...Give her some space. She's already gotten the clue about how you feel. An honest face to face talk in which you reveal your feelings isn't going to be some dramatic moment where she suddenly opens up and says she feels the same but was just waiting for you to say something first. That shit happens in the movies. Real life isn't like that. Girls are quite capable of expressing their feelings without a prompt. Give her time and space. If she's interested, she'll let you know. If she isn't, you avoid an uncomfortable and unnecessary moment which could permanently damage a friendship, and you'll learn a valuable lesson and life skill about patience, acceptance, and letting relationships happen organically.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

I don't think you got called a stalker by 5 crushes and 4 other people

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm High school crushes only seem like the worst because you're in high school. You will unfortunately discover things as you go on that are far far worse than any unrequited high school crush.

My opinion...Give her some space. She's already gotten the clue about how you feel. An honest face to face talk in which you reveal your feelings isn't going to be some dramatic moment where she suddenly opens up and says she feels the same but was just waiting for you to say something first. That shit happens in the movies. Real life isn't like that. Girls are quite capable of expressing their feelings without a prompt. Give her time and space. If she's interested, she'll let you know. If she isn't, you avoid an uncomfortable and unnecessary moment which could permanently damage a friendship, and you'll learn a valuable lesson and life skill about patience, acceptance, and letting relationships happen organically.
This. I'm not expecting her to return the feelings anyway at this point.

Thanks!
Last edited by maximzub on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: rlly?

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:07 pmToday she told me that she heard about me joking with other friends that she was my girlfriend, and that she didn't view our relationship as such.
Duuuuuude.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: High school crushes are the worst

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:07 pmWhen we're already talking about breaks, I might need a break from this forum because it's cutting into my schoolwork.
Wow. When I was in college back in 2014-2016, this forum was pretty much all I was doing while being in the library and eventually, sleeping in the library while waiting 2-3 hours for the next class to start. Fun times.

maximzub
On The Rail

*Promises to take a break...is back the next day*

Post by maximzub »

Based on my observations, research, and answers to my questions, I had planned to have a face-to-face talk with Anna tomorrow to explain that we should take a break from each other. So I texted her asking about it, and the response and ensuing chat changed the course of my plans.

MZ: "Tomorrow morning after AP Stats, can we talk face-to-face like we did that time when I apologized to you? I can tell you're clearly upset, so we definitely need to sort out our feelings together."

AL: "i’m not upset anymore i am just slightly uncomfortable and want to distance myself a little"

AL: "i would feel more uncomfortable if we were to talk about it more"

AL: "i’ve already forgiven you a don’t worry"

MZ: "That's exactly what I wanted to say. We should take a break from each other. How long?"

AL: "we’re friends so we don’t “take breaks” it’s not like we’re dating. i just don’t feel comfortable is all."

MZ: "What I mean is we should give each other space for some time. Even friends sometimes need space, and I respect your need for it. So it's all on your terms."

AL: "um sure"

MZ: "Maybe it's actually me who needs space. I'm not good at coping with rejection."

MZ: "Still, you decide how long."

AL: "i don’t care"

(I decided to say nothing to that)

Note that I still haven't directly confessed my feelings to her.

What I take from this is:
- Either she doesn't want to admit that she needs space, or she actually doesn't need space. Doesn't really matter which.
- She clearly doesn't see me as boyfriend material.
- She wants our "break" to me on my terms, which I don't like. She never did anything wrong, but I did, so it should be on her terms.

So, do you know what I'm gonna do?

That's right. Leave her alone. Play hard to get. Tomorrow I'm not talking to her unless she approaches me, but I have no reason to believe that she would. It's not gonna be possible to leave her alone for too long, as we'll have to start interacting again once the cast and live pit for the musical starts practicing together on March 1. We've already been through some sort of strain in our friendship: throughout sophomore year, I shared too much information on topics I shouldn't have, so after our normal interactions came to a halt in March, it took us until December to go back to those levels again. And what prompted that? An apology from me for sharing too much. She forgave me quickly, and was eager to become closer friends again. I hope that she will appreciate me for willingly stepping down from interactions for a while, and we can ease back into our friendship stronger again. Maybe that's the ultimate way to disprove the rumors and cause her to actually see me as a potential boyfriend! I still have hope.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

You're not playing hard to get, you shouldn't still be treating her like she's a prize that's there to be won if you just play the long game. If you actually, genuinely want to be friends with this girl, focus on that and only on that. If your goal is really still to eventually be together, stop. It's not fair on her.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: *Promises to take a break...is back the next day*

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pmNote that I still haven't directly confessed my feelings to her.
Noted.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Dude, as I'm reading this I see myself in all those situations when I was hopelessly in love. Bad decisions, ridiculous reasoning, hoping for something that is never gonna happen. Looking at the way you and she's approaching this, it's never gonna work out. The worst thing is - no matter what we say, you'll be after this girl wherever she is and whatever she does and it's gonna take you a looong time before you realize it's not worth it. I learned this the hard way and you'll too.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Time is relative. Space isn't.

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm AL: "i’m not upset anymore i am just slightly uncomfortable and want to distance myself a little"

- Either she doesn't want to admit that she needs space...
Pretty sure she admitted that...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:25 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm AL: "i’m not upset anymore i am just slightly uncomfortable and want to distance myself a little"

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm AL: "we’re friends so we don’t “take breaks”..."
Two contradicting statements
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Cause she's a woman.

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm AL: "we’re friends so we don’t “take breaks”..."
No. "Take a Break" is more commonly used for romantic relationships, as she is alluding to. Seems like she wants space but is being polite and beating around the bush.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Cause she's a woman.

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:13 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm

No. "Take a Break" is more commonly used for romantic relationships, as she is alluding to. Seems like she wants space but is being polite and beating around the bush.
She is always polite. Either way, I need space too.
Last edited by maximzub on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: you think you’re cool like a porcupine

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: I am cool like a porcupine

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 pm
Didn't listen to the song because I'm backstage before my jazz band concert, but I read the lyrics. :hug
Last edited by maximzub on Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!