The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Santa is American btw

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:29 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:55 am
Crumbso wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:41 am
gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:28 am You could grill Southern U.S. style: indoors.
Does that need a gas grill? Our ovens often have a 'grill' but that's like an exposed filament heater in the roof of the oven. Most people here use a charcoal BBQ to grill otherwise.
As someone living about as far south as Americans can, I have no idea what he's talking about.
The South Pole?
No, sorry, United States of America Americans. Not the Antarctica Americans.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

On this day two years ago, I went to my first open mic. I've come so far in the local music scene since then.

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Altitudinally speaking

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:55 am
Crumbso wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:41 am
gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:28 am You could grill Southern U.S. style: indoors.
Does that need a gas grill? Our ovens often have a 'grill' but that's like an exposed filament heater in the roof of the oven. Most people here use a charcoal BBQ to grill otherwise.
As someone living about as far south as Americans can, I have no idea what he's talking about.
I was thinking more about some of our "special" countrymen who bring their charcoal BBQs indoors. Not a great idea.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I just discovered that KaraFun, the program that most karaoke hosts around here use, has the option to change the key of songs. Well, that opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities for me to sing at karaoke. The reason I don't do karaoke is because there are so many songs I can't sing in the original key. Now that problem's solved, so all I have to worry about is whether I look awkward singing without an instrument in my hands.

(For those of you that are curious, I checked the catalog for Alter Bridge and Tremonti. They have only 8 Alter Bridge songs, all of which are from the first two albums, and they don't have anything by Tremonti.)
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Is this why Dr. Who is 60 years old?

Post by zazthespaz »

Stupid question for old abb.net members: who was the member who had this picture in their signature that was a picture of Richard Ayoade? I just discovered 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown on YouTube and finally understand where the image came from (but not the episode).

although now that I dig into it, apparently it's from an episode of The IT Crowd where they go on Countdown... How meta does British TV get?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's Channel 4, everything goes on Countdown on Channel 4.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: at the same time anyway...

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:22 pm It's Channel 4, everything goes on Countdown on Channel 4.
Taskmaster Does Countdown hasn't happened (to the best of my knowledge)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Happy TABN birthday to me! Thank you for being a part of my life for 2 years!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Deep breath, everyone...

Post by gbruin »

And Max's terrible twos begin...

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Deep breath, everyone...

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:13 am And Max's terrible twos begin...
Had to look up what "terrible twos" meant. Oh no.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

I REALLY like popcorn....and napping on the couch.....while watching NFL playoffs.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, my computer's fan was slowing itself down. Had to spend the last 20-25 minutes or so trying to open up my PC, clean the fan, and try to put a sliding thing back to into position so that I can tighten the screws on the PC properly. Fan seems to work properly now, but my hands feel red after that.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So Mastodon and Gojira are doing a tour together. I got a ticket to see them at the Forum in Inglewood in April. It should be a good time. I saw Mastodon once on a co-headline tour with Coheed and Cambria. They were ok, and it was marred when a group of guys in the front of me just can't stop talking during their set.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Our band just released a new song!

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Pretty good song, Max. Nice melodies, nice guitar tones.

I totally get writing what you know, so I hope you guys find some cheerier inspiration for your music in the days ahead.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:14 pm Pretty good song, Max. Nice melodies, nice guitar tones.

I totally get writing what you know, so I hope you guys find some cheerier inspiration for your music in the days ahead.
We have some happier stuff, but it's not easy to repeat. I could easily write Still Friends and Crushless Summer over and over again, but that's a two-part story that doesn't need any more songs to be added to it. I'll find a way to write happier stuff someday.

This song in particular was inspired by the fact that at the time, I had been listening to a lot of songs by Downplay. A common theme in their music is broken relationships, so it made me want to write a breakup song. Since I've never been through a breakup, I gained inspiration from Ashton's two breakups. (The song is musically inspired by Downplay as well.)
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Concert in Tampa!

Post by MaraCarr »

I posted in this area because I have some weird stuff to add, not just a concert review. The Concert was so GREAT although I was late as usual and only got there in time for the last 5 songs. :( Thankfully someone recorded the first few songs and put them on YOUTUBE already so I did get to experience those as well.

I bought tickets months in advance. I never know what shows I will get to see so I buy them and hope things work out. The craziest thing happened yesterday. I was scheduled to work a 16 hour day and knew there was no way I was going to have time to drive from Tallahassee to Tampa in time for the concert. I was texting my friend and told him I might make it by 12 am. LOL.. He was so sweet, He said, "You might be cutting it a little close".(LOL). Knowing full well there would only be crickets left in the concert area by that time.

I had a room reserved, and everything in place...but my job comes first. I have to admit I had a fleeting thought of calling in sick, but I didn't have the heart to do that, so I did the responsible thing and went to work fully expecting a 16 hour shift, with all my concert dreams up in smoke.

Well... You can look it up for yourself, a Tornado hit very close to where I was working. Thank God there were no injuries! But it allowed us to bring all patients in early and end our shift at 5PM. I am always prepared (well I try) so just in case by some miracle I got off early and could make it in time, I had the car loaded.

I left there at 5 pm like a "BAT OUT Of HELL" ...in the rain. I stopped at the gas station to change because I didn't want to wear scrubs to a concert and then a nightmare happened. I forgot to pack my pants! I had a choice of scrubs or workout pants. I made the right choice considering, I had 30 seconds to decide.

I don't know how I made it in the pouring down rain...in interstate traffic with no delays. I made it just in time for the last 5 songs and loved it. It was amazing and the energy was great. They were playing "Blackbird" as I topped the stairs.

ALTERBRIDGE was "PHENOMENAL" as always! They all looked amazing and healthy. :cloud9

There was a guy standing beside me during the concert who I noticed was all into the music and just having himself a great time! Well, he leaned over to me and screamed "THEY ARE AMAZING!" ...It was his first time. :D
I took a few pics but then ... put the camera down and just soaked in the energy and the moment. Many others I noticed were doing the same. :) Some moments are SACRED and meant be enjoyed to the fullest.

I had a beautiful room with a balcony and a pool view and the L bar was nice... but too much smoke for me last night. All together It was a great experience and worth every cent and every second! I did not lay my head down til 5AM this morning. Woke up at 8 ... Drove back to Tally and for work 16 hours tomorrow.

I am so "HONORED" to have made it to the opening "SOLD OUT" concert of the "Pawns and Kings" 2023 US tour. They are better than EVER!
Prayers for them to have an amazing and safe tour! :hug

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Front row center, too.

Post by gbruin »

When I read you made it for only the last 5 songs, I was like "WTF, Mara? Where are your priorities?" :shrug ;)

Of course, your priorities are right where they are supposed to be because you are beautiful human.

You deserve a smooth night and an entire show sometime on this tour, or again very soon.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Front row center, too.

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:40 pm When I read you made it for only the last 5 songs, I was like "WTF, Mara? Where are your priorities?" :shrug ;)

Of course, your priorities are right where they are supposed to be because you are beautiful human.

You deserve a smooth night and an entire show sometime on this tour, or again very soon.
Very sweet of you to say. :hug
I had a little over 30 patients that day. Nice people in Tallahassee. They are very appreciative. I was so “Grateful” I made it …and I was wrong… it was six songs. 6 amazing tracks LIVE…at the first show! 😊

It was a great night that sadly ended at 5 am! ☹️
I had to return to my coffin! J/K (dialysis humor)

I’m sure I will make another show. It always ends well! 😉

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Well, since people are talking here about concerts they want to go to, I might chime in.

Anybody going to see Nickelback on their summer tour? I might go either to Milwaukee on August 5 or Chicago on August 19.

Also, I'm patiently waiting for Halestorm to announce another US tour. They're playing Upheaval in July so I hope they come close to our area somewhere around then. Hopefully not June because we want to go to Serbia then, and also hopefully not on a day when I have a scheduled show to play. And please...bring back the Meet & Greets!

Furthermore, I wonder what's going on with Volbeat these days. They haven't announced any shows for the future minus an opening set for Metallica in Gothenburg. Fingers crossed that they also announce a US tour so I can finally see them at a headliner show.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!