The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

I was gonna post something really long on here, but it's giving me a 500 error, so I'm gonna post this and immediately edit it. It's worked in the past.

EDIT: It did not work. So instead, I'm gonna attach a Google Docs document. I would greatly appreciate it if you read it. I've had some major struggles lately and I hit rock bottom yesterday. Here's the story of how it happened, and how I rebounded from it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15co ... sp=sharing
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:29 am I was gonna post something really long on here, but it's giving me a 500 error, so I'm gonna post this and immediately edit it. It's worked in the past.

EDIT: It did not work. So instead, I'm gonna attach a Google Docs document. I would greatly appreciate it if you read it. I've had some major struggles lately and I hit rock bottom yesterday. Here's the story of how it happened, and how I rebounded from it.

That's usually when there's a piece of HTML in there that the forum disagrees with. Often related to quotes.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:29 am I was gonna post something really long on here, but it's giving me a 500 error, so I'm gonna post this and immediately edit it. It's worked in the past.

I read through it, Max. Sounds like a stressful and emotionally confusing time. Looks like you're taking a lot of important lessons from this and it sounds like a generally positive outcome.

The main thing I will say is that nutrition and sleep are probably the two most important physical influencers of mood. If you're skipping sleep and meals, your mood will most likely be negatively affected and to a surprising degree. There's a genuine reason sleep deprivation and starvation are methods of torture. Your thought processes and emotional regulation will be out of whack, so it's hard to make judgements and choices about situations. So you're right to recognise that these are important things.
Last edited by Crumbso on Fri May 05, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Hey max. I'm getting my car worked on right now so have some extra time. I read everything and took some time to collect my thoughts. I totally agree with Crumbs. Self care is extremely important. When I was in college I had a full time job and a girlfriend. I didn't eat well at all - Cheerios, Ramen, and way too much soda. I would also skip meals frequently. I would have major panic attacks fairly often where I could not catch my breath and my chest would hurt terribly.
My emotional state would swing wildly. I would strongly suggest taking steps to eat well - even small snacking throughout the day to keep your energy up - fruits, nuts, cheese, dried meats. And stay hydrated - tons of water and/or something with electrolytes. Your brain and body will thank you. Sleep is also incredibly important for your mental, emotional, and physical health. You seem like a very intelligent person and are experiencing/learning a lot right now. Try working on a few things to start building good habits. They will help you immensely in the long term. I'm glad you have a good group of support friends.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Max, I think it's time you gave up on girls and started working on yourself. You know what's good for you, so get to work. Sleep better, messing around with your sleep could be a cancer risk. Pick a bedtime and stick to it. Eat better, food is fuel, none of this I don't feel like eating silliness. Get your school work done. Lift some weights. Go for a swim. Maybe even try and get 10,000 steps in each day. This last thing I highly recommend. Commit to getting 10,000 steps every day for a month, and after 30 odd days your mental health will see a surprising improvement. You know what has a good chance of happening after 6 months to a year of focusing on improving yourself? There'll be a girl or two that will start gravitating to you.

And all this 19 year old drama your brain is obsessing over is meaningless. Unfortunately you won't truly learn that until you get on in years.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, next Monday, I'm going to go to a concert that's going be a weird one, in a good way. I'm going to see this band called Man with a Mission at the Regent Theater in LA. They are a Japanese Rock band. They get exposure the way you would see Japanese acts normally get exposure stateside and that's through their songs being used anime opening theme songs. This is what they have under genres: Alternative metal, nu metal, rap metal, melodic hardcore, alternative rock, hard rock, dance-rock which is pretty much up near my alley or close the alley for those listens to Sirius XM: Turbo.

The weird part about this band though? This is what they look like below and yes, there is a fictional lore in their gimmick. I can't wait for this. This is the first time ever I get to watch a Japanese Rock band live.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:42 pm
AllC392Was wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:00 pm I sometimes wonder what it would be like if everyone that was active on here met up for a one night party at some Alter Bridge event. hmmm...
Has this idea ever actually been considered by you guys? That would be awesome.

I would consider it. Would be fun!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

The big …50!

Post by MaraCarr »

I am having a lot of full circle moments lately. I’m thinking it’s because I turn 50 this year. It’s funny I don’t feel fifty.

I must be stuck in time considering Erikson’s perspective on the stages of life. 😂

I had a 2000 word essay to write yesterday that served as my final for this session worth 500 points….after a 14 hour workday.

Thanks to Starbucks Venti Pike Place Roast… I handled business.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So Live Nation did their $25.00 tickets week starting today. I bought tickets to five shows as a result. I'm happy with the end result.

Matchbox 20 at FivePoint Amphitheater in May
Goo Goo Dolls at FivePoint in September
Owl City at the House of Blues in Anaheim in October
Incubus at Hollywood Bowl in October
Shinedown and Papa Roach at FivePoint in October

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So Live Nation did their $25.00 tickets week starting today. I bought tickets to zero shows as a result. I've only got one show on the horizon which is Volbeat and Halestorm at Battery Park in Sioux City, and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'd rather play more of my own shows anyway.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Today I lost a friend. Except this time, instead of the friend ending things, it's me cutting the ties. And guess what? IT FEELS SO GOOD.

Remember that in my long story from last week, I talked for a bit about my friend Matthew? (The one who's an Alter Bridge and Tremonti fan.) I said that last Wednesday, he didn't show up to lunch without warning. Same thing happened today. I couldn't let it slide this time, so I texted him asking what's going on. The following conversation lasted for hours, and at some point, it started to look like a replay of the conversation I had with Addison which led to her ending our friendship. I was not gonna let something like that happen again, so I took the upper hand in the conversation. Now I know what she felt like then.

I mean, what kind of friend will present themselves as genuine to you, only to talk behind your back with their other friends every single minute they can? I thought all of those friends actually liked me. Nope. They bullied me. I remember when Matthew was the one to stand up to people that were bullying me. Now he's one of them. I couldn't let it slide anymore. I've blocked him and his entire group, and I don't regret it.

EDIT: I just realized I totally missed my 1000th post. I'm so disappointed in myself. :slam

Well, if we're at it, I want to thank everyone that's been on here during the time that I've been on here. You guys are like my internet home. Although I don't know any of you personally, I feel close to all of you because of our shared love of a certain band called Alter Bridge, and because of that, I've become comfortable sharing more personal details of my life, which I've also seen a lot of you doing. It's great. I appreciate you guys making this board exist.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Anyone want to buy a bunch of bad music on CD?

Post by zazthespaz »

Does anyone have their CD jewel cases anymore? I moved and remembered I've got a big box full of CD jewel cases/CDs. I haven't used a CD in years, don't imagine I will in the future, but throwing them out feels like throwing out a collection spanning several decades.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Anyone want to buy a bunch of bad music on CD?

Post by Dolo »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:33 am Does anyone have their CD jewel cases anymore? I moved and remembered I've got a big box full of CD jewel cases/CDs. I haven't used a CD in years, don't imagine I will in the future, but throwing them out feels like throwing out a collection spanning several decades.
I used to have a shitload of those but mostly for illegally downloaded video games and software. I remember labeling all of those with a marker pen. Ah, nostalgia.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

In line at the Regent Theater in LA for Man With A Mission. I’m haven’t felt uncomfortable in an area since I was walking back to the bus station in Orlando back in October.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

We'll celebrate your 2000th post next week.

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:54 am Today I lost a friend. Except this time, instead of the friend ending things, it's me cutting the ties. And guess what? IT FEELS SO GOOD.

Remember that in my long story from last week, I talked for a bit about my friend Matthew? (The one who's an Alter Bridge and Tremonti fan.) I said that last Wednesday, he didn't show up to lunch without warning. Same thing happened today. I couldn't let it slide this time, so I texted him asking what's going on. The following conversation lasted for hours, and at some point, it started to look like a replay of the conversation I had with Addison which led to her ending our friendship. I was not gonna let something like that happen again, so I took the upper hand in the conversation. Now I know what she felt like then.

I mean, what kind of friend will present themselves as genuine to you, only to talk behind your back with their other friends every single minute they can? I thought all of those friends actually liked me. Nope. They bullied me. I remember when Matthew was the one to stand up to people that were bullying me. Now he's one of them. I couldn't let it slide anymore. I've blocked him and his entire group, and I don't regret it.

EDIT: I just realized I totally missed my 1000th post. I'm so disappointed in myself. :slam

Well, if we're at it, I want to thank everyone that's been on here during the time that I've been on here. You guys are like my internet home. Although I don't know any of you personally, I feel close to all of you because of our shared love of a certain band called Alter Bridge, and because of that, I've become comfortable sharing more personal details of my life, which I've also seen a lot of you doing. It's great. I appreciate you guys making this board exist.
I read your doc last week, Max, and have been meaning to check in and see how you're doing. Glad things are going ok, and it's good to see you moving on from a bad scenario. Just remember to do these things not to spite anyone else, but because it's healthiest for you. There's never any closure in doing things to get reactions out of others, but there is closure and dignity in doing things that bring you peace with yourself.

Lather, rinse, repeat. There will be ups and down in your days and years ahead. Such is life.

And, when the day comes, give your daughter her own name.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Making (almost) 50 look awesome

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:03 am I am having a lot of full circle moments lately. I’m thinking it’s because I turn 50 this year. It’s funny I don’t feel fifty.

I must be stuck in time considering Erikson’s perspective on the stages of life. 😂

I had a 2000 word essay to write yesterday that served as my final for this session worth 500 points….after a 14 hour workday.

Thanks to Starbucks Venti Pike Place Roast… I handled business.
Like a boss :rockon

maximzub
On The Rail

I'm still sour that zaz declined my friend request on Facebook.

Post by maximzub »

It's been a while since I posted on here, so I just wanted to say thank you for all the warm responses. I'm in a much better place now. I'm in the middle of finals week, and I have two finals left (Differential Equations tomorrow morning and Circuits I on Friday afternoon). Then I'm gonna head home and spend the night recording some new music. The next day, I'm playing a show with Six Speed. I just found out about this on Friday, and we have literally no time to prepare. Eh, I'll be fine. (Also, Greg, I saw you commented on the Facebook post about that show on my music page. Since my mom runs it, I bet that right now she's wondering, "who's Greg?".)
Crumbso wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:18 am The main thing I will say is that nutrition and sleep are probably the two most important physical influencers of mood. If you're skipping sleep and meals, your mood will most likely be negatively affected and to a surprising degree. There's a genuine reason sleep deprivation and starvation are methods of torture. Your thought processes and emotional regulation will be out of whack, so it's hard to make judgements and choices about situations. So you're right to recognise that these are important things.
I haven't skipped a single meal since that day. In fact, I finally started eating larger meals than usual. Of course, I still feel like it's too much, but I know deep down that it's not. I have been sleeping much better lately as well, although for this week, that can be attributed to the fact that I don't have to wake up early for classes anymore.
Schulzy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:36 am Hey max. I'm getting my car worked on right now so have some extra time. I read everything and took some time to collect my thoughts. I totally agree with Crumbs. Self care is extremely important. When I was in college I had a full time job and a girlfriend. I didn't eat well at all - Cheerios, Ramen, and way too much soda. I would also skip meals frequently. I would have major panic attacks fairly often where I could not catch my breath and my chest would hurt terribly.
My emotional state would swing wildly. I would strongly suggest taking steps to eat well - even small snacking throughout the day to keep your energy up - fruits, nuts, cheese, dried meats. And stay hydrated - tons of water and/or something with electrolytes. Your brain and body will thank you. Sleep is also incredibly important for your mental, emotional, and physical health. You seem like a very intelligent person and are experiencing/learning a lot right now. Try working on a few things to start building good habits. They will help you immensely in the long term. I'm glad you have a good group of support friends.
Well well well, look who's back! I haven't seen you on here in a long while. Thanks for reading what I wrote, and thanks for the advice. I see you faced similar problems back in the day that I have recently, although maybe mine are worse because I don't have a full time job or a girlfriend to put my focus on. I think especially the last few weeks have consisted of a lot of self-discovery, and I'm glad I'm learning from it.
Dan Dando wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:03 pm Max, I think it's time you gave up on girls and started working on yourself. You know what's good for you, so get to work. Sleep better, messing around with your sleep could be a cancer risk. Pick a bedtime and stick to it. Eat better, food is fuel, none of this I don't feel like eating silliness. Get your school work done. Lift some weights. Go for a swim. Maybe even try and get 10,000 steps in each day. This last thing I highly recommend. Commit to getting 10,000 steps every day for a month, and after 30 odd days your mental health will see a surprising improvement. You know what has a good chance of happening after 6 months to a year of focusing on improving yourself? There'll be a girl or two that will start gravitating to you.
Truth be told, I have given up on girls. They're just impossible for me to understand. (Except Noelle. I'm pretty sure that after having known her for all 16 years of her life, I would understand her.) I still think about the ones from the past a lot--Addison especially--but I'm not interested in pursuing anyone. If anything, I'll just go back to mad crushing on Lzzy.
gbruin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:57 am I read your doc last week, Max, and have been meaning to check in and see how you're doing. Glad things are going ok, and it's good to see you moving on from a bad scenario. Just remember to do these things not to spite anyone else, but because it's healthiest for you. There's never any closure in doing things to get reactions out of others, but there is closure and dignity in doing things that bring you peace with yourself.
I've seen the guys around since then, and I do not regret cutting them out of my life. It's allowed me to spend more time with myself, and also with my true friends. The day after I blocked them all, I did something fun. Last week, I brought my guitar to Platteville with the hopes of playing on the path to Bridgeway (a reminder...that's our school cafeteria) like I did last semester. I told a couple friends about it, and one suggested that I play directly in front of Bridgeway instead because more people would be there, and he also offered to stay for the whole thing. It was really fun. I played some of my typical songs, played some originals for the first time in front of a crowd, and also tried out some songs I'd never tried before (I'm still sorry for butchering Broken Wings). The reactions from the passers-by were priceless. That might have been the most fun day I've had in college so far.

Sadly, Ashton is now going through a similar situation that I was in a couple weeks ago. He's had yet another girl that he liked screw him over, and today he didn't eat all day until around 7. Noelle and I are really worried for his health.
gbruin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:57 am And, when the day comes, give your daughter her own name.
NO.

Well, okay. How about Stella? :lol

Ehh. I really do love Lzzy. She embodies everything that I like and want to be. Also, I've repeatedly had to face the hard truth that I might be in love with Addison for the rest of my life. That's what happens with your first love. :mope
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: I'm still sour that zaz declined my friend request on Facebook.

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:43 pm Truth be told, I have given up on girls. They're just impossible for me to understand. (Except Noelle. I'm pretty sure that after having known her for all 16 years of her life, I would understand her.)
I think it's summed up best by these Rush lyrics:

We are secrets to each other
Each one's life a novel
No-one else has read
Even joined in bonds of love
We're linked to one another
By such slender threads

We are planets to each other
Drifting in our orbits
To a brief eclipse
Each of us a world apart
Alone and yet together
Like two passing ships

We never know the lived experience of another person. All our disagreements usually come from expectations, assumptions and lack of direct communication. Either we don't understand the other, they don't understand us or we don't even understand ourselves and what we need/want. Learning about yourself and what you actually need to be happy and healthy is an important part of being able to relate to somebody and communicate those needs. Likewise, it helps if the other person knows themselves, which is not always the case.

It's a learned skill, one that is not really taught or readily available to teenagers and young adults. The more that we want from somebody, the harder it can be because we're setting expectations that we're often not equipped to communicate. When you're more independent and happy in yourself, paradoxically, the more you're likely to be able to engage in and maintain a successful and happy relationship. It's all because we can never truly know what somebody outside of ourselves is thinking or feeling.

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: I'm still sour that zaz declined my friend request on Facebook.

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:24 am
maximzub wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:43 pm Truth be told, I have given up on girls. They're just impossible for me to understand. (Except Noelle. I'm pretty sure that after having known her for all 16 years of her life, I would understand her.)
I think it's summed up best by these Rush lyrics:

We are secrets to each other
Each one's life a novel
No-one else has read
Even joined in bonds of love
We're linked to one another
By such slender threads

We are planets to each other
Drifting in our orbits
To a brief eclipse
Each of us a world apart
Alone and yet together
Like two passing ships

We never know the lived experience of another person. All our disagreements usually come from expectations, assumptions and lack of direct communication. Either we don't understand the other, they don't understand us or we don't even understand ourselves and what we need/want. Learning about yourself and what you actually need to be happy and healthy is an important part of being able to relate to somebody and communicate those needs. Likewise, it helps if the other person knows themselves, which is not always the case.

It's a learned skill, one that is not really taught or readily available to teenagers and young adults. The more that we want from somebody, the harder it can be because we're setting expectations that we're often not equipped to communicate. When you're more independent and happy in yourself, paradoxically, the more you're likely to be able to engage in and maintain a successful and happy relationship. It's all because we can never truly know what somebody outside of ourselves is thinking or feeling.
Those Rush lyrics remind me of Starset. Me likey.

I said in my long document that I learned that we can never understand exactly what anyone is going through. However, I was referring more to people that have had unspoken trauma, and not just about girls in general.

I'm gonna be honest, I really don't understand what I want in life. It feels like it keeps changing. Maybe someday I'll figure it out.

Branching off topic...Hey Mara, are you at Welcome To Rockville this year?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Be grateful for unrealized favors

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:43 pm Also, I've repeatedly had to face the hard truth that I might be in love with Addison for the rest of my life. That's what happens with your first love. :mope
I can assure you that this is not remotely true, but I also understand that you will have to experience this on your own to realize it.

Be patient. Keep playing music. And Elizabeth, with a nickname of Lzzy, would be a beautiful name.