The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: born on a day so rare that it happens once every 20 years

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I have a birthday on February 32nd

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: If not, turn your place into a clinic.

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:29 pm Ha! I actually do have a wedding for a cousin on that side of the family this summer!

Hope day #2 went better Mara! Is your place close to the actual clinic?
Thank you, I am coping. It is about 15 minutes away so its not too bad of a drive. They gave me all Covid patients tonight, lots of puking with this new variant and their eyes are very red, I gave a lot of zofran tonight. I had a 14 hour shift today. I am exhausted and have to catch a plane in the morning. But I am flying to warmer weather and looking forward to warmth!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: born on a day so rare that it happens once every 20 years

Post by MaraCarr »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:54 pm I have a birthday on February 32nd
Happy Early Birthday! Maybe we should start partying now?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

All right. At the Wiltern theater to see Shinedown. Last time I was here was for AB almost two years ago. Been too long of a wait to come back.

One of these days after a show in LA, I’m going to buy a LA hot dog from a street cart to see how it feels.

Holy crap, I’m on the rail in the pit. This only happened to me once.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:07 pm All right. At the Wiltern theater to see Shinedown. Last time I was here was for AB almost two years ago. Been too long of a wait to come back.

One of these days after a show in LA, I’m going to buy a LA hot dog from a street cart to see how it feels.

Holy crap, I’m on the rail in the pit. This only happened to me once.
How was the show??

I've never seen Shinedown live. I kinda fell off of their stuff after Sound Of Madness. Enemies was a cool theme song for WWE Monday Night Raw back in the day! Ever since hearing Get Up at a friend's place, I've been very apprehensive... Their new song sounds promising though!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It was a pretty fun show honestly. If you get around the fact that there are some backing tracks in certain songs and Brent Smith having long prefabricated banter in between songs, you find that it's a good night. Band was energetic. Crowd was a fun diverse bunch to be in and we were singing along to everything. I didn't care much for the stuff from post-Amaryllis, but I did find Get Up as one of the songs that I leaned on at times where I got to a depressive state when certain things was happening in life and it filled its role as an uplifting song.

On top of it, they were able to fit an arena-sized production in this small (well, small for Shinedown, sizable for AB) 2,000 people capacity theater. Video screens, pyro, and flames was quite evident in this show. Up close, the pyro was louder and the flames were hotter. Almost caught a pick at the show, but it hit my hand and it went over the rail. The security guard was nice enough to pick it up and gave it to me. Was easily worth the $51.00 that I paid on Tickpick.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right. At Microsoft Theater for Dream Theater. LA Live is really hella busy today. There’s a Lakers game going next door at the Crypt House and with the Super Bowl being here next week, the area has some stuff relating to that as well.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Milliseconds make the difference? Yawn.

Post by zazthespaz »

New Olympic sport idea: luge, but NASCAR style so there are 20 people stacked up on each other trying to draft off one another and get ahead. Make this sport a little more lively.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So updates on my life so far. I was at an open jam on Friday, and some of the guys that host the Thursday open mics were there. They're all part of a band and since their lead guitarist didn't show up, I filled in for him. Fun stuff. We left at 1 AM, and at that time a bunch of people were just pouring into the bar. I don't know the details of what happened, but it seems like at 2 AM, there was a shooting there. I'm glad we left before that.

Yesterday was the Unplug The Rock Winter Acoustic Festival. I played second, at 11:30 in the morning. Then I left for math team practice, and then we went back to watch other acts. It was awesome!

Masks aren't required at school anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Dang, Maxim. Glad you're ok, and hopefully the others who were there are too.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 pm So updates on my life so far. I was at an open jam on Friday, and some of the guys that host the Thursday open mics were there. They're all part of a band and since their lead guitarist didn't show up, I filled in for him. Fun stuff. We left at 1 AM, and at that time a bunch of people were just pouring into the bar. I don't know the details of what happened, but it seems like at 2 AM, there was a shooting there. I'm glad we left before that.

Yesterday was the Unplug The Rock Winter Acoustic Festival. I played second, at 11:30 in the morning. Then I left for math team practice, and then we went back to watch other acts. It was awesome!

Masks aren't required at school anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance
I'm so happy to hear you are ok. The bar scene at night comes with certain negativity but speaking from experience, the majority of people are good. Keep doing what you love. Sounds like you are playing the hell out of that guitar. I am so jealous! Hopefully you can share some video of you playing! :hug :cloud9

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Milliseconds make the difference? Yawn.

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:48 am New Olympic sport idea: luge, but NASCAR style so there are 20 people stacked up on each other trying to draft off one another and get ahead. Make this sport a little more lively.
Wet Paint Twister is what you are pushing...
It is fun and you can draft off each other...the person that comes out with no paint wins. Although I have not seen that happen yet! Every person I have ever played with loses.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

No tape delays for this one

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:21 am
zazthespaz wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:48 am New Olympic sport idea: luge, but NASCAR style so there are 20 people stacked up on each other trying to draft off one another and get ahead. Make this sport a little more lively.
It is fun and you can draft off each other...the person that comes out with no paint wins. Although I have not seen that happen yet! Every person I have ever played with loses.
I would stay up til midnight to watch that live.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: No tape delays for this one

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:14 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:21 am
I would stay up til midnight to watch that live.
Fun Times! :)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: The way the Greeks intended.

Post by zazthespaz »

Doubles luge, but nude.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Lately I just feel like no matter what I do, I never actually succeed at anything.

I'm not sure if I'm going through a bout of depression, or if I'm bi-polar, or what but I genuinely am just a mess. My schedule is a disaster, I'm struggling financially, I'm still living with my in-laws because my kitchen still isn't fixed, I student-teach 4 days a week, work 35 hours a week and take night classes and I don't have any time to spend with my loved ones. I mean hell, I barely have time to sit down and read any of the material I need for the following day. I force myself to stay up late just to have a general idea of what I'm doing the next day.

I'm literally drowning in a sea of anxiety, pressure and stress. Why is this normal? Why is student-teaching an unpaid position? Why am I paying thousands of dollars to deal with the stress and pressure that I'm being put though? I'm religious and very spiritual but lately I feel like maybe God forgot about me.

The world feels so heavy on me right now. I genuinely feel like maybe I'm just wasting space and wasting an opportunity that someone else could use more effectively than I do. I don't feel like I'm cracking under pressure, I feel like I've caved and crumbled to dust and that maybe the world would be a better place without me. Don't worry, I'm not actually thinking of doing anything in response to that, but I am just really hating me and am miserable.

I don't feel like anything I do, at work, school, anywhere matters to anyone anymore and I genuinely, genuinely just feel like the biggest waste of space on the planet and I don't know if I'm going to make it through the semester.

This may seem melodramatic, and I apologize for that but I don't know how else to vent, I can't afford to seek care for my mental health but I'm really not doing okay right now and need to talk. I need someone to talk to. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'm so lost right now.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Anyone here playing Wordle?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Fuck. The word I'm describing is "Fuck."

Post by zazthespaz »

Yeah, broke my 31 day streak yesterday because I had SHA_E on turn 3 and turns out there's 8 different options that can go in that blank and I picked the 3 wrong ones to try it with!

(For those curious, the missing letter is the last letter of the word that describes what Wordle can go do to itself.)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: shape it off, shame it off..

Post by Timotheus »

Your fault for not using two of those three turns to eliminate as much letters as possible :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I saw a Twitch streamer use a strategy for the game where he uses these 5 words since they cover all but 2 letters of the alphabet; so it greatly decreases your chance of losing but you have to use up 5 tries to do it
Quick
Fjord
Waltz
Nymph
Gybes
All that's left are the letters X and V.

So now I just use this strategy and the games not fun anymore :lol