The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, pretty much.

On a side note, I’m at a buffet eating some sushi before the Trans-Siberian Orchestra show in Ontario later this afternoon.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Elon Musk giving commentary on spicy food.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I doubt he took the Tesla.

Post by zazthespaz »

Im not smart enough to pull that off. Or culinary-wise.

Kev, how much was parking?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

$25.00. More than $20.00 the last time I saw TSO back in 2019. Stupid pandemic inflation. The buffet next door was expensive as well. $32.00 when it could have costed me $28.00 if I gone there a few months back. At least, the food was good. Lots of sushi, baked lobster, chicken, and a lot of desserts.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Up The Irons, JS Bach!

Post by gbruin »

Got floor GA tix for Iron Maiden for the Denver and San Diego shows (going with my brother) this morning. Woot!

In the last month, I bought tix for Journey and for REO/Styx, both of which were selling a seat in the first 5 rows for ~$500+ and ~$250+ for the first 15-20 rows respectively, (I bought way further back as a result) and I can and will be in the first 3 rows for Maiden if I go line up early for $99. The promoters could certainly get more for them but Maiden does that on purpose. They really take care of their fans. And that's reason #1,423 they are the greatest band in the history of music. Suck it, Beatles, Stones, Beethoven, and all the rest.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sigh..., I missed the window to get the pre-sale code for that show. It's in Anaheim. Pretty close to me. Trivium is the opening band. I don't know if I want to spend $70.00 for a nosebleed seat like I did in the LA show back in 2019. Don't think I can get a lucky break if someone is going to relist it on the cheap.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Serious question here.

During lunch at school today, my phone started showing how it was running out of storage space, even though I know that I didn't download or create any files that could take up internal storage recently. The message disappeared for a while, and then it came back. A few minutes later, it turned off by itself, and I couldn't turn it back on.

When I came home from school, I put it on the charger, and it was alternating between the LG start-up screen, the Virgin Mobile start-up screen, and the "Phone charging - 1%" screen. It did that for a few hours, before finally booting up and working just fine. I thought that I was good and I could take it off the charger, but as soon as I did, it shut off again. When I plugged it back in, it reverted to the three screens alternating.

It simply doesn't respond to anything when it's not plugged in. When it's plugged in, it keeps doing that three screen rotation. It doesn't matter what buttons I press or hold down. Recovery mode, safe mode, hard reset...nothing. What am I supposed to do? We've tried pressing the screen, changing charger cables, connecting it to a computer, even putting it in the freezer, and nothing helps it at all.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It might need the battery replaced. Sounds like it just isn’t able to hold charge anymore. Not sure how old it is but that can happen after a few years.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Andy92 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:26 am It might need the battery replaced. Sounds like it just isn’t able to hold charge anymore. Not sure how old it is but that can happen after a few years.
The battery is not replaceable. Also, the phone is 4 years old.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:36 pm
Andy92 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:26 am It might need the battery replaced. Sounds like it just isn’t able to hold charge anymore. Not sure how old it is but that can happen after a few years.
The battery is not replaceable. Also, the phone is 4 years old.
I'm like 95% sure it is replaceable, but you need to hand it over to a technician so that he can disassemble the phone and change it. You can try to do it yourself, although I do not recommend it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Karma for all the times I was out of town in NJ when he passed through.

Post by zazthespaz »

I'm flying into Denver for a layover, but my flight keeps getting delayed so I'll have to spend the night there. Guess who's conveniently out of town!?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re: Karma for all the times I was out of town in NJ when he passed through.

Post by ThravRande »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:07 pm I'm flying into Denver for a layover, but my flight keeps getting delayed so I'll have to spend the night there. Guess who's conveniently out of town!?
Sucks to suck.

Also,
ThravRande wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:04 am Y'all motherfuckers miss me yet?
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Gold

Post by MaraCarr »

I was just thinking…. I’m so glad I have the day offf! Grateful!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It knows we'd be a more powerful force

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:07 pm I'm flying into Denver for a layover, but my flight keeps getting delayed so I'll have to spend the night there. Guess who's conveniently out of town!?
Interestingly (or maybe not), U.C.L.A.'s basketball team got stuck in Denver that same night.

I think karma just hates the thought of us being in the same place at the same time again. Hope the rest of the trip went ok.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

So I'm coming home...

Post by gbruin »

Just finally began to, and then here you are again... :lol ;)

Long time, no see, and now you have a son?!?! Man, time remains undefeated. Hope you and yours are doing well!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, it's a good day for me. Picked up some poke burrito and a Philly roll and got the ticket transfer for the Metallica 40th anniversary show that I bought on Stubhub. Ready to go for Friday.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re: So I'm coming home...

Post by ThravRande »

gbruin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:58 pm
Just finally began to, and then here you are again... :lol ;)

Long time, no see, and now you have a son?!?! Man, time remains undefeated. Hope you and yours are doing well!!
I'm good! And yeah, little Myles is in 1st grade now. I know I've been here since he was born, right?

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

zazisaspaz wrote: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:36 am Duhhh! That's why he's not on here anymore! Too busy workjng and being a dad (and a lesbian slayer). But yeah, little boy that he obvs named Myles just like every other super fan on here will do...
Go check his facebook for baby pics and hair pics :D
^There it is. It just wasn't me that posted it lol

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Finally! After getting a new phone and being unable to login for months, I'm back and with a nasty story!

What a week it's been. Ate a big bacon cheeseburger on Saturday night and ended up in the ER later that night with the craziest stomach pains I've ever felt.
CAT scan revealed a bowel obstruction. By 8am Sunday, I'd had a 60 inch tube inserted through my nose and into my stomach. NOT FUN! Three and a half days of gastric suction and throat lozenges later, the tube was removed this morning (also not much fun) and I'm on a clear liquid diet... Jello and broth until further notice with no sign of leaving the hospital quite yet. Tomorrow would be great, Friday is more likely...

How the hell is everyone else's hap-hap-happy holiday season going?? :bored

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UninvitedZero wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:25 pm Finally! After getting a new phone and being unable to login for months, I'm back and with a nasty story!

What a week it's been. Ate a big bacon cheeseburger on Saturday night and ended up in the ER later that night with the craziest stomach pains I've ever felt.
CAT scan revealed a bowel obstruction. By 8am Sunday, I'd had a 60 inch tube inserted through my nose and into my stomach. NOT FUN! Three and a half days of gastric suction and throat lozenges later, the tube was removed this morning (also not much fun) and I'm on a clear liquid diet... Jello and broth until further notice with no sign of leaving the hospital quite yet. Tomorrow would be great, Friday is more likely...

How the hell is everyone else's hap-hap-happy holiday season going?? :bored
Thats crazy, UV! :eek Glad you're okay though! Maybe take it easy for a bit :lol :peace

No exciting stories from me, though. :/ Just been playing lots of Halo Infinite and cooking, exercising, the usual stuff. :lol Cant complain about anything really. Certainly nothing at the level of a bowel obstruction :eek