The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

August Concerts

Post by MaraCarr »

Anyone interested in doing a August meetup for an AB concert? I am planning to do the Snake Pit with Metallica and WVH. It is pricey but I feel like this is my year. So I am doing this! I am going to make an AB concert as well. As mentioned in previous comment ...is meeting up a possibliity for AB? I am all for doing a Metallica meet up as well. I am going to both regardless but would love company at either? Any takers? Lets do this! AB Nation Concert Party til Daybreak! :)

Any takers? If it is a funding issue we will start a "Go Fund Me" page. I promise we will have more than enough. :peace :cloud9

Ok …well.
No response says more than enough.

I’m fine by myself! 😊
Last edited by MaraCarr on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Visual proof

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:48 am
gbruin wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 am And Nirvana continues to be the most overrated band in the history of everything :rolleyes
This makes me curious. What bands do people on here either hate or think are overrated? I'll start.

Falling In Reverse
Gojira
Imagine Dragons
Motley Crue
Muse
Nirvana
Oasis
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Slayer

And the one musician I hate more than anyone else...Morgan Wallen.

I love all those bands. :)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:10 pm
gbruin wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 am And Nirvana continues to be the most overrated band in the history of everything :rolleyes
This makes me curious. What bands do people on here either hate or think are overrated? I'll start.

Falling In Reverse
Gojira
Imagine Dragons
Motley Crue
Muse
Nirvana
Oasis
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Slayer

Even Morgan Wallen?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:26 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:10 pm

Falling In Reverse
Gojira
Imagine Dragons
Motley Crue
Muse
Nirvana
Oasis
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Slayer

Even Morgan Wallen?
Well, I saw him in concert with Jason Aldean ....He was pretty good!

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

It might be old news by now, but in April, I got the chance to perform at the Rockford Area Music Industry Awards, at which I was nominated for an award for Acoustic Rock/Folk Cover Act. Here is the video of the three songs I performed. The first one will sound very familiar to all of you.

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Welp. Rob Caggiano just left Volbeat.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 100% Shea’s fault.

Post by zazthespaz »

Shea, we really need you to get your country under control. Your smoke is ruining the US.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: 100% zaz's lungs fault.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:41 am Shea, we really need you to get your country under control. Your smoke is ruining the US.
Just dont breathe it in, zaz.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Maybe lead with that info over the phone next time?

Post by gbruin »

So EMS brought me a patient the other day, billed over the biophone call from the ambulance as a gastrointestinal bleed and vomiting blood.

They arrive and I listen to the paramedics' initial presentation who note that they can't understand the patient well because he speaks Spanish, then I turn to the patient who has an oxygen mask full of blood, pull it away to clean it and try to talk to him (because I can speak Spanish) and he proceeds to cough up a bunch more blood basically right in my face. Since we were told he was a GI bleed and not a respiratory case, no one in the room had on any respiratory protection. I turn to EMS and ask if they saw him vomiting blood, because it seemed like he's coughing it up instead? They pause, then say, Oh, yes, we think the family might have said he has tuberculosis too.

:slam :slam :slam

I guess we'll see just how contagious those little mycobacteria are...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Maybe lead with that info over the phone next time?

Post by TenaciousBe »

gbruin wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:03 am So EMS brought me a patient the other day, billed over the biophone call from the ambulance as a gastrointestinal bleed and vomiting blood.

They arrive and I listen to the paramedics' initial presentation who note that they can't understand the patient well because he speaks Spanish, then I turn to the patient who has an oxygen mask full of blood, pull it away to clean it and try to talk to him (because I can speak Spanish) and he proceeds to cough up a bunch more blood basically right in my face. Since we were told he was a GI bleed and not a respiratory case, no one in the room had on any respiratory protection. I turn to EMS and ask if they saw him vomiting blood, because it seemed like he's coughing it up instead? They pause, then say, Oh, yes, we think the family might have said he has tuberculosis too.

:slam :slam :slam

I guess we'll see just how contagious those little mycobacteria are...
:eek

Why are people so incompetent? Especially with something that important? I'm so sorry that happened, hopefully you do okay.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And I can't drink alcohol if I have to take isoniazid

Post by gbruin »

Thanks, B. I'll be fine. It's just serial blood tests to see if/when I convert, and then 6 months or more of a couple antibiotics if I do.

In the paramedics' defense, they also are understaffed, short on resources, and overworked (meanwhile their corporate overlords reap craptons of profits), and that allows shit like this to fall through the cracks. Therein lies the problem...

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Lzzy Hale took her shirt off at Download last week.... 😍😍😍😍
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:14 pm Lzzy Hale took her shirt off at Download last week.... 😍😍😍😍
Classy as ever :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:14 pm Lzzy Hale took her shirt off at Download last week.... 😍😍😍😍
Just like Myles at Rock am Ring 2010?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:55 pm
Just like Myles at Rock am Ring 2010?
Looked it up. Jeez. Not as easy to look at as Lzzy shirtless.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

This has been a crazy week. We left for our vacation last Saturday, stopped by at Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton, camped for a few nights in cabins and teepees, and then...on short notice, we joined our friends Lei and Dave for a show this afternoon without even stopping by home. It was an awesome show and a perfect way to end our vacation. Now back to my summer internship tomorrow.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: And I can't drink alcohol if I have to take isoniazid

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:13 am Thanks, B. I'll be fine. It's just serial blood tests to see if/when I convert, and then 6 months or more of a couple antibiotics if I do.

In the paramedics' defense, they also are understaffed, short on resources, and overworked (meanwhile their corporate overlords reap craptons of profits), and that allows shit like this to fall through the cracks. Therein lies the problem...
WOW! I hope you are ok. My daughter had a similar case the other day. Woman had been vomiting blood for 3 days HGB was 4.3. First time she ever gave a rapid blood infusion. A pint in 30 minutes!

She said the lady lost her mom a few weeks prior and just didn’t care. I guess she got scared when she couldn’t breath and was losing consciousness.

You are exactly right. Short staffing leads to dangerous situations and things that would normally get caught are missed. When something goes wrong… they throw you to the wolves for not following policy.

I recently got a nice offer to work for a nonprofit company. I am seriously considering it.

I hope you are ok and everything turns out clear! ❤️

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I've just gotten back from the most knackering and intense work experience of my life. Me, a small town lad from the UK, ran my company's exhibition at a very big Las Vegas trade show. Aside from that stress, though, I managed to complete a small dream of mine and took a day to rent massive Harleys with a couple of buddies and rode out to the Grand Canyon.

I did get COVID on the way back and had to set up another show in the UK that week but still. That Harley bit of the trip was awesome fun. Sunset, mountains, desert, the highway, AB on the stereo.... the American dream.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's big and old. We are small and fleeting.

Post by gbruin »

That's awesome, Crumbso! And that is a freaking huge bike. I hope you had good weather. It's been all over the place in the US Southwest this spring when usually you can count on a lot of warm (but not too hot) sunny days with just scattered showers. Hopefully you're over covid and it wasn't too bad.

I'm especially glad you went to see the Grand Canyon. I love that place. Besides the beautiful scenery, it kind of puts things in perspective.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: It's big and old. We are small and fleeting.

Post by Crumbso »

gbruin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:36 pm That's awesome, Crumbso! And that is a freaking huge bike. I hope you had good weather. It's been all over the place in the US Southwest this spring when usually you can count on a lot of warm (but not too hot) sunny days with just scattered showers. Hopefully you're over covid and it wasn't too bad.

I'm especially glad you went to see the Grand Canyon. I love that place. Besides the beautiful scenery, it kind of puts things in perspective.
You're not kidding. I nearly put my hip out just trying to stop it falling over at the first u-turn. I got used to it but this bike weighed 825lbs when the biggest bike I've owned weighed 550lbs.

The Grand Canyon was amazing. Just enormous and beautiful. I didn't make it to Grand Canyon South, which apparently is even better than Grand Canyon West, where I made it to.