The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: can't find Creed either

Post by zazthespaz »

Found this poster online - really cool layout in my opinion, wouldn't mind something like it for myself, but cannot find AB even though there are some bands they've toured with on it. Can anyone else find them? I'd expect them to be in the lower left somewhere.
src: https://www.wearedorothy.com/collection ... rock-music
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MaraCarr »

Crumbso wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:33 am
MaraCarr wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:22 am
Crumbso wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:28 am Geez, Mara. That sounds very traumatic indeed. How's your hearing doing at the moment?
It so funny you ask that!

I just got a call from the front desk at the hotel asking me to turn my music down. They are getting multiple complaints! 😂

It is definitely not what it was before the accident.
I hired an attorney.

To focus more on happy things. I am going to see my South African trainee who is no longer a trainee. He is an amazing nurse who runs a dialysis clinic alone and a health department for people with no insurance. I am so proud of him!

I am going to stay a night with him and his gorgeous wife and two beautiful girls. And probably sing karaoke and watch stand up comedy after the girls go to sleep. Then we are hitting Rainbow River for Kayaking. Then Im meeting my kids at Universal and spending an entire week there. It’s our favorite place on earth! ❤️🌈

Im so happy! 🙃
Sorry to hear it. There are still opportunities for it to return. Maybe you can get a referral to an audiologist to find out what the damage is? Enjoy your week with the kids and your time with friends.

Thank you so much! I will.

Rainbow River is as blue as the pictures online. I used to think the photos were filtered. I was wrong! It is an AMAZING place! We had a great time today. It was so beautiful!

So good to see my friends and spend some quality time with them.

Can’t wait to see my kids on Monday! ❤️
We have a large group. Two who have never been to Universal. I love taking people there who have never experienced it. So much fun!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: can't find Creed either

Post by Timotheus »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:03 am Found this poster online - really cool layout in my opinion, wouldn't mind something like it for myself, but cannot find AB even though there are some bands they've toured with on it. Can anyone else find them? I'd expect them to be in the lower left somewhere.
Very cool indeed!
Bottom left seems about right, with acts like Trivium there.

I'd expect Creed to be on there at least, as they're cultural icons, I've been told.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Visual proof

Post by gbruin »

Timotheus wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:22 am
zazthespaz wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:03 am Found this poster online - really cool layout in my opinion, wouldn't mind something like it for myself, but cannot find AB even though there are some bands they've toured with on it. Can anyone else find them? I'd expect them to be in the lower left somewhere.
Very cool indeed!
Bottom left seems about right, with acts like Trivium there.

I'd expect Creed to be on there at least, as they're cultural icons, I've been told.
And Nirvana continues to be the most overrated band in the history of everything :rolleyes
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Visual proof

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 am And Nirvana continues to be the most overrated band in the history of everything :rolleyes
This makes me curious. What bands do people on here either hate or think are overrated? I'll start.

Falling In Reverse
Gojira
Imagine Dragons
Motley Crue
Muse
Nirvana
Oasis
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Slayer

And the one musician I hate more than anyone else...Morgan Wallen.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I would definitely put Nirvana, RHCP and Slayer in the overrated camp.

RATM and Oasis basically created new genres so they deserve a credit for that.

Muse are very popular but they keep on changing their sound and I respect that.

Imagine Dragons get a lot of shit, especially in the rock and metal community (similarly to Nickelback)

Motley Crue are one of the classic legacy bands that helped to define hair metal genre.

I used to think Gojira were overrated but after getting a bit more into them I kinda get the hype. Not really interesting melody wise, but the heaviness and the rhythmical weirdness make them special.

I don't have enough data for Falling in Reverse.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Nirvana are overrated in quality, but you can't deny the huge influence they've had on music, which is why their circle is as big as it is, I think.

Elvis Presley.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm RATM and Oasis basically created new genres so they deserve a credit for that.
New genres that I don't really care for.
Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm Muse are very popular but they keep on changing their sound and I respect that.
I used to like Muse a lot, but I can't stand them now because they remind me of all the mess that was my sophomore year of high school.
Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm Imagine Dragons get a lot of shit, especially in the rock and metal community (similarly to Nickelback).
Because there's very little about them that's rock, unlike Nickelback.
Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm Motley Crue are one of the classic legacy bands that helped to define hair metal genre.
Yeah, but they're jerks for what they're doing to Mick Mars right now. And I'm very skeptical of how much they're actually playing live.
Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm I used to think Gojira were overrated but after getting a bit more into them I kinda get the hype. Not really interesting melody wise, but the heaviness and the rhythmical weirdness make them special.
Valid, but I don't understand at all why people think they're the next Metallica. Their styles don't match almost at all.
Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm I don't have enough data for Falling in Reverse.
Their singer Ronnie Radke is a mega jerk. That's why the band has gone through so many lineup changes. They've cancelled shows over petty reasons. They're proud of the fact that they use backing tracks at their shows, which they shouldn't be doing anyway. The backing tracks are playing electronic samples that can't be reproduced live, but those things don't belong in rock music in the first place. Their latest single is basically a rap song until the last minute or so.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Half of what you said has to do with your personal experiences and the mentality of the people within those bands when the overratedness comes down to how much the public hypes up the artist based on the music itself.
Falling in Reverse using backing tracks is a topic for a completely different discussion and barely a sign of them being overrated I reckon.
Valid, but I don't understand at all why people think they're the next Metallica. Their styles don't match almost at all.
Never heard that. People often call Avenged Sevenfold the next Metalica because putting labels like that on artists is fun.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:37 pm Half of what you said has to do with your personal experiences and the mentality of the people within those bands when the overratedness comes down to how much the public hypes up the artist based on the music itself.
Falling in Reverse using backing tracks is a topic for a completely different discussion and barely a sign of them being overrated I reckon.
That's why I said overrated AND/OR hate. Falling In Reverse isn't overrated, I just hate them because they (well, Ronnie mostly) are making themselves look like idiots. Same with Motley Crue.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:48 am
gbruin wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 am And Nirvana continues to be the most overrated band in the history of everything :rolleyes
This makes me curious. What bands do people on here either hate or think are overrated? I'll start.
Black Stone Cherry comes to mind - as dull as dishwater.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:48 am
I personally don't understand Tool. Some of it is good. The Pot is a fantastic song, but most of it to me just sounds plodding and repetitive. I even saw them live and it did nothing for me.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:31 pm Black Stone Cherry comes to mind - as dull as dishwater.
I haven't heard any of their original material, but I have heard their cover of Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman, and I thought it was decent.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:44 am I personally don't understand Tool. Some of it is good. The Pot is a fantastic song, but most of it to me just sounds plodding and repetitive. I even saw them live and it did nothing for me.
I have to agree with you. The only full song I've heard is Schism, which I thought was boring. I heard a snippet of isolated vocals of The Pot in a mashup, and I thought Maynard's voice was annoying. Just the fact that a lot of their songs are so long (all but one song from the most recent album are over 10 minutes) makes me not want to get into them. I'm not usually one for really long, proggy stuff.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 am
Crumbso wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:44 am I personally don't understand Tool. Some of it is good. The Pot is a fantastic song, but most of it to me just sounds plodding and repetitive. I even saw them live and it did nothing for me.
I have to agree with you. The only full song I've heard is Schism, which I thought was boring. I heard a snippet of isolated vocals of The Pot in a mashup, and I thought Maynard's voice was annoying. Just the fact that a lot of their songs are so long (all but one song from the most recent album are over 10 minutes) makes me not want to get into them. I'm not usually one for really long, proggy stuff.
I like proggy stuff but it has to take me on a journey to keep me there. They're all immensely talented guys but they tend to ride a vibe for an entire song, which just drags a bit for me. I don't think they're rubbish, I just don't personally like it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:40 pm I like proggy stuff but it has to take me on a journey to keep me there. They're all immensely talented guys but they tend to ride a vibe for an entire song, which just drags a bit for me. I don't think they're rubbish, I just don't personally like it.
Yep. I agree with you.

We're the featured artists at open mic tonight. Then we have a split show with Leinaala & Dave on Saturday. This will be a fun weekend.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: do none of you have anything to complain about?! really?!

Post by zazthespaz »

zaz makes a rare appearance in the AB-related forum and it dies for over a week. thanks guys :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: do none of you have anything to complain about?! really?!

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:18 pm zaz makes a rare appearance in the AB-related forum and it dies for over a week. thanks guys :lol
That's my fault. I've been really busy since last week. We're building an extension to our deck, we have some shows to play, and I'm also about to start an internship at my dad's company. If I was around more, I'd probably be posting multiple times a day in the AB section of the forum.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 am
maximzub wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:26 am
Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:31 pm Black Stone Cherry comes to mind - as dull as dishwater.
I haven't heard any of their original material, but I have heard their cover of Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman, and I thought it was decent.
I highly recommend familiarizing yourself with what you're gonna comment on, before you comment on it. If you've heard one song from an artist that has released 5 studio albums or if you've heard one cover song from another artist that has 8 studio albums of original material, why do you even bother judging their whole back catalogue just based on that? How does that contribute to the discussion?

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp