The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: share it off, shave it off..

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:12 pm Your fault for not using two of those three turns to eliminate as much letters as possible :D
In my defense, I had just woken up and wasn't considering how many options there really were as I was brushing my teeth :D
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:22 pm I saw a Twitch streamer use a strategy for the game where he uses these 5 words since they cover all but 2 letters of the alphabet; so it greatly decreases your chance of losing but you have to use up 5 tries to do it
Quick
Fjord
Waltz
Nymph
Gybes
All that's left are the letters X and V.

So now I just use this strategy and the games not fun anymore :lol
I guess it'd be kind of fun to guess the arrangement of the letters, but I can see where over time it would suck the fun out of it. Might give it a try sometime.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Timotheus »

But then you have only one turn to arrange. I can see that working most of the time, but I don't think that's the greatest technique... I mean: beast, beats, betas. Baker, break, brake. Begin, being, binge... And those are just anagrams. There could also be repeating letters at random.

I usually spend the first three turns in a similar way, with as much letters as possible (eg. proud, might, nails...) . Then I throw in some new letters while shuffling some of the yellow letters around. All depends on the amount of greens I get of course.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: “Guys, I think we should cover The Chain!” -everyone in any band

Post by zazthespaz »

I turned on an automatically made Spotify playlist and of the 6 songs I’ve heard so far, 2 have been covers of The Chain by Fleetwood Mac, which leads me to ask, what percentage of annual income for Fleetwood Mac is just payment for licensing rights for The Chain covers?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:33 pm I turned on an automatically made Spotify playlist and of the 6 songs I’ve heard so far, 2 have been covers of The Chain by Fleetwood Mac, which leads me to ask, what percentage of annual income for Fleetwood Mac is just payment for licensing rights for The Chain covers?
I don’t know but I love FWM. What’s your favorite song?

This is Stevie and Tom Petty! It’s amazing! ❤️

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:33 pm I turned on an automatically made Spotify playlist and of the 6 songs I’ve heard so far, 2 have been covers of The Chain by Fleetwood Mac, which leads me to ask, what percentage of annual income for Fleetwood Mac is just payment for licensing rights for The Chain covers?
I don’t know but I love FWM. What’s your favorite song? I just opened a whole new galaxy when I said the name “Petty”…” Tom Petty”! I love him! He overcame so much adversity and fell in love with being himself! He is so Beautiful inside and Out! ❤️

This is Stevie and Petty! It’s amazing! ❤️ I love any song by Tom Petty! He is such a leader… his spirit is eternal! ❤️

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

How easy is it to create a forum using phpBB? I really like this forum, and I also stumbled upon a website called metjitf.com that is for Metallica and for bootlegging stuff. It uses phpBB and looks just like this forum, so I feel at home using it. I really wish there was a forum like this for Volbeat and I wonder if it would be easy enough for me to create it?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: If any of you forget your password, just start a new acct cause idk what to do.

Post by zazthespaz »

Do people have favorite Fleetwood Mac songs? I feel it’s either you love all their hits or you’ve never heard them 😂

Max, I have no idea, I just work here. I’ve been a full admin for a few months (maybe a year?) and I still have no idea what 80% of the admin tools are. I know there is an annual fee to keep this place running but again, 🤷‍♂️
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Fleetwood Mac casual listener

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 pmDo people have favorite Fleetwood Mac songs? I feel it’s either you love all their hits or you’ve never heard them 😂
I like some of but not all of their hits and I've heard of them before. And my favorite is The Chain :D

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: If any of you forget your password, just start a new acct cause idk what to do.

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 pm Do people have favorite Fleetwood Mac songs? I feel it’s either you love all their hits or you’ve never heard them 😂

Love this one :)

maximzub
On The Rail

Another Fleetwood Mac casual listener

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 pm Do people have favorite Fleetwood Mac songs? I feel it’s either you love all their hits or you’ve never heard them 😂
I've only heard Landslide, The Chain, and maybe some others I can't remember the name of.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Another Fleetwood Mac casual listener

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:35 am
I've only heard Landslide, The Chain, and maybe some others I can't remember the name of.

Highly recommend watching this, especially the last couple minutes :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Will Travel…

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub
On The Rail

So casual that I forgot one song

Post by maximzub »

maximzub wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:35 am
How could I forget Rihannon? That's my favorite.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Another missed Meeting..,

Post by MaraCarr »

It’s all :) good!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Catching way way up

Post by gbruin »

On Wordle, there is a hard mode you can (and should) turn on that requires you to use letters that are yellow or green, That prevents you from gaming it to eliminate as many letters as possible and it makes you a better person overall. I'm at 18 in a row since it flipped over completely to the NYT site. Go forth...

There is a game called Sedecordle (sedecordle.com) that plays 16 Wordles at once. Very fun, and not as daunting as it might seem.

There are some geography spinoffs of Wordle that are pretty fun including Globle (globle-game.com) and Worldle (world.teuteuf.fr). I'm gonna be a jerk and assume most Americans will have an overly difficult time with these which is why we should all be required to play these daily.

As for the horribly overrated and annoying Fleetwood Mac, this is all I can think of anymore: https://southpark.cc.com/video-clips/1a ... fghanistan

followed by this

Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

I promised I wouldn't talk about this stuff here anymore, but here I am.

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:21 pm On Wordle, there is a hard mode you can (and should) turn on that requires you to use letters that are yellow or green, That prevents you from gaming it to eliminate as many letters as possible and it makes you a better person overall. I'm at 18 in a row since it flipped over completely to the NYT site. Go forth...

There is a game called Sedecordle (sedecordle.com) that plays 16 Wordles at once. Very fun, and not as daunting as it might seem.

There are some geography spinoffs of Wordle that are pretty fun including Globle (globle-game.com) and Worldle (world.teuteuf.fr). I'm gonna be a jerk and assume most Americans will have an overly difficult time with these which is why we should all be required to play these daily.
Have you heard of Nerdle? Apparently it's a math version of Wordle. My physics teacher showed it to me and I later brought it up in my calculus class, and it seems like some of my classmates are playing it now. I refuse to play it and Wordle. I probably would be good at Globle/Worldle because I was really good at geography in 7th grade and I'm probably not too rusty now. Still, I don't have time for any of those. I got school and music to do, and broken relationships to worry about.

Speaking of broken relationships...
maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 am Yesterday and the day before I was so excited about possibly having a second chance with Anna. And of course, impulsive me blew it. What I forgot to mention about yesterday was that I was giving hints as to who I liked, so by the end of the night, about 10 members of the cast and crew knew it was "the short-haired girl playing clarinet in the live pit". Three friends were teasing me, and one of them jokingly called her my girlfriend again. (Remember that I had been saying that as a joke until she told me to stop.) While I denied it, I was laughing as I always do when I'm nervous, even while talking about serious topics. Anna overheard the whole ordeal, and since she didn't show any signs of being upset, I didn't notice that she was. I still would like to believe that she genuinely accepted my compliment on her clarinet playing.

Anyway, with none of the problems in mind, I planned to ask her tonight if she was still uncomfortable talking to me. If yes, I would have offered more space on her terms. If not, I would have asked whether I can be completely honest with her. Sounds like a plan, right? Well, something shattered my plans hours before I was to carry them out.

It seems like Anna recently created her fourth Instagram account. It showed up in my recommended, and I was curious as to what it was about. From it, I found that she's amazing at drawing and painting (it's a drawings account, obviously). Impulsive me thought it would be harmless to follow that account. It wasn't even a minute later that I refreshed the page, and it didn't show up. She blocked me.

Immediately my mind flashed back to the rumors she had told me about. People had called me a stalker before, and once she recognized that my advances were starting to become too much, she had asked around and found out that my behaviors were common. That's when she pulled away from me for the first time. Back then I had resolved it with an apology, and she gave me signs that she still wanted to be friends. Then she heard about the girlfriend joke, and told me she was uncomfortable and wanted to distance herself from me. So started the week of completely ignoring each other, followed by the (almost) week of limited interactions. Now we were back where the problems had started.

I whipped up an apology right away:

MZ: "Ok, now I went too far. I'm sorry for following your new Instagram account so soon after you created it. I'm unintentionally giving you more reasons to believe I'm a stalker, and I'm just feeling really guilty for it. I miss being friends with you, and I'd like to believe you do too. So in the future, I will be completely honest in order to make sure this is not a one-way relationship. I trust you to guide me towards not doing anything more that crosses your boundaries. Will you please forgive me? I understand if you need some time to do so."

I already knew in the back of my mind that constant apologizing wasn't going to work out, so I was in complete panic mode. I still managed to hold myself back from staying on Instagram waiting for a response. I cranked out a school assignment and then went back to check after a good amount of time had passed. What I saw was the most heartbreaking message of my life. Yes, even more heartbreaking than other girls rejecting me, because they were always blunt. Anna is just not that type of person to be blunt, which makes it hurt worse. But I see where she's coming from.

AL: "i forgive you but i still do not feel comfortable. I over heard one of your conversations last night. Someone was calling me your girlfriend again and it made me very uncomfortable. I heard you refuse it as well, but you didn’t sound serious. you were laughing and that just gives them more reason to believe you’re lying. If this keeps going on I don’t know how I will react. I don’t want to push you away because i know everyone deserves a chance, but I also don’t know if i really do want to be friends with you. We don’t have much in common and it just makes me more uncomfortable when things like this happen. I’m sorry as well."

AL: "I will say it again to reinforce it, but i do not think of you romantically in anyway. I’m sure there is someone out there for you, but it’s just not me. I’m not looking for a relationship, and I clearly am not very certain about wanting to be friends with you so there is no reason to assume i like you."

This provided me with new information. I wrote up a response, but with no intention to send it in its original form. In it I reiterated some of her points and explained my side of things.

- I feel uncomfortable about my friends teasing me and I want them to stop.
- I don't want this to continue to happen for the sake of her emotional health.
- I don't see why we don't have much in common. We wouldn't have been friends if not for our common interests.
- I didn't expect her to see me romantically yet.
- I wish I had been honest earlier to save her from all the stress of having to hear about my feelings from someone else. I had made that mistake too many times, and making it with a friend hurt the worst.
- The fact that she is not looking to be in any relationship is eye-opening, but honestly a good choice. I highly believe it's because of her Christian faith.

And then I deleted the whole thing because it shifts the blame to her without admitting that I was wrong. So instead, I wrote this:

MZ: "Thank you for taking the time to respond. I know you're busy. I'm sorry for all the trouble that I caused you. I'm very immature; I don't know how to behave socially. I talk way too much, I don't think much before I say things, and then I regret them. When I'm nervous, I laugh even when the topic is very serious. I never had any intentions to hurt you. You were always nice to me, and I started having feelings for you as more than a friend after a while. I understand that you don't have the same feelings for me. It reassures me when you say there is someone out there for me, but I need to work on how I act a lot.

I'd just like to leave you with one more thing: That what you wrote was beautifully worded, and it means the world to me that you were willing to take the time to make your feelings known."

Why, Charlie Brown, you really have to delve! That's exactly what I did. Of course I was met with a warm response:

AL: "I’m glad you understand, and i hope we can still be nice to each other in the future. I am bad at confrontation and speaking honestly about my feelings a lot, but i want you to know i am being honest with you. I hope you can find some friends who have more in common with you! As always the invitation to come to my church is open, and i’m sure there are tons of people there who would love to be friends with you."

Invitation to her church? Isn't that just an invitation to continue stalking her? No way. I'm not going to any church, much less hers. I still embrace freedom of religion with an open mind, but I do not believe in any religion myself.

Anyway, musical practice was as normal. We made eye contact a few times from a distance but did not wave, smile, or talk. I'll have to get used to things that way.

A lot of things are obvious from here. The one thing that isn't is where we stand. Even she isn't sure of that, as she says. I don't know whether to acknowledge her or not at school tomorrow. I will not just to be on the safe side.

Crumbso, Zaz, Ubik, Greg, any of you guys, you were right. So goodbye Total Randomness Thread. I may come back only if things ever improve between me and Anna. I don't need to discuss the sad details here anymore.
Today marks a year since Addison told me she did not return my romantic feelings for her. I can still remember seeing her text at 2 something in the afternoon and crying on the sofa with my phone still in my hands. Worst thing is, I'm still not over it a year later. We tried to stay friends for a couple months after that, but it didn't work out because I wasn't honest with myself regarding how I felt about her. It's been over 9 months since then, and it's been a constant loop of silent treatment, saying insults around each other, and saying sweet compliments around each other. It never seems to end. Now we're together in the live pit for the school musical (I'm playing bass and she's playing clarinet), and it's taking a toll not just on us, but on the rest of the band, at least I think. Most of the members are friends with her so I feel extremely left out. We have a long practice tomorrow, from 8:30 to 4:30. Is there any way I can approach her tomorrow so I can talk with her? We'll be graduating from high school in just under three months and I want to get some closure with our relationship before then. Something like we both explain our sides of the story and resolve all our problems so we can both heal and it doesn't affect our mental health and the band dynamics anymore.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: I promised I wouldn't talk about this stuff here anymore, but here I am.

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Today marks a year since Addison told me she did not return my romantic feelings for her. I can still remember seeing her text at 2 something in the afternoon and crying on the sofa with my phone still in my hands. Worst thing is, I'm still not over it a year later. We tried to stay friends for a couple months after that, but it didn't work out because I wasn't honest with myself regarding how I felt about her. It's been over 9 months since then, and it's been a constant loop of silent treatment, saying insults around each other, and saying sweet compliments around each other. It never seems to end. Now we're together in the live pit for the school musical (I'm playing bass and she's playing clarinet), and it's taking a toll not just on us, but on the rest of the band, at least I think. Most of the members are friends with her so I feel extremely left out. We have a long practice tomorrow, from 8:30 to 4:30. Is there any way I can approach her tomorrow so I can talk with her? We'll be graduating from high school in just under three months and I want to get some closure with our relationship before then. Something like we both explain our sides of the story and resolve all our problems so we can both heal and it doesn't affect our mental health and the band dynamics anymore.
Zub, I only wish I had a time machine and could take you 10 years into the future, so you could see how your 28 year old self cringes when he reflects on his teenage years. 18 year old emotions feel tough to deal with at the time, but trust me later on you realise that most of it was just hormonal stuff flying around at 100mph. We of a certain age, we've all been there. I confessed my love to a girl during my teenage years. It didn't work out. My 33 year old self barely recognises the 18 year old me who did or felt that stuff.

So arm yourself with the knowledge that your older self will cringe when he recalls teenage life. And remember that you're interacting with girls who will feel the same way one day.

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:57 pm Today marks a year since Addison told me she did not return my romantic feelings for her. I can still remember seeing her text at 2 something in the afternoon and crying on the sofa with my phone still in my hands. Worst thing is, I'm still not over it a year later. We tried to stay friends for a couple months after that, but it didn't work out because I wasn't honest with myself regarding how I felt about her. It's been over 9 months since then, and it's been a constant loop of silent treatment, saying insults around each other, and saying sweet compliments around each other. It never seems to end. Now we're together in the live pit for the school musical (I'm playing bass and she's playing clarinet), and it's taking a toll not just on us, but on the rest of the band, at least I think. Most of the members are friends with her so I feel extremely left out. We have a long practice tomorrow, from 8:30 to 4:30. Is there any way I can approach her tomorrow so I can talk with her? We'll be graduating from high school in just under three months and I want to get some closure with our relationship before then. Something like we both explain our sides of the story and resolve all our problems so we can both heal and it doesn't affect our mental health and the band dynamics anymore.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:33 pm
maximzub wrote: Today marks a year since Addison told me she did not return my romantic feelings for her. I can still remember seeing her text at 2 something in the afternoon and crying on the sofa with my phone still in my hands. Worst thing is, I'm still not over it a year later. We tried to stay friends for a couple months after that, but it didn't work out because I wasn't honest with myself regarding how I felt about her. It's been over 9 months since then, and it's been a constant loop of silent treatment, saying insults around each other, and saying sweet compliments around each other. It never seems to end. Now we're together in the live pit for the school musical (I'm playing bass and she's playing clarinet), and it's taking a toll not just on us, but on the rest of the band, at least I think. Most of the members are friends with her so I feel extremely left out. We have a long practice tomorrow, from 8:30 to 4:30. Is there any way I can approach her tomorrow so I can talk with her? We'll be graduating from high school in just under three months and I want to get some closure with our relationship before then. Something like we both explain our sides of the story and resolve all our problems so we can both heal and it doesn't affect our mental health and the band dynamics anymore.
Zub, I only wish I had a time machine and could take you 10 years into the future, so you could see how your 28 year old self cringes when he reflects on his teenage years. 18 year old emotions feel tough to deal with at the time, but trust me later on you realise that most of it was just hormonal stuff flying around at 100mph. We of a certain age, we've all been there. I confessed my love to a girl during my teenage years. It didn't work out. My 33 year old self barely recognises the 18 year old me who did or felt that stuff.

So arm yourself with the knowledge that your older self will cringe when he recalls teenage life. And remember that you're interacting with girls who will feel the same way one day.
I totally agree with Dan on this one. Don't aim for some comfortable satisfying happy fairy tale closure with her. Figure out how to get a comfortable satisfying happy fairy tale closure with yourself, one that you can look back on in 10 years and be proud of how you acted and how you grew. Believe it or not, she has zero role in that. Don't approach her. Don't try to "make things work". Find your own peace with yourself in your environment, not a peace with her - one that lets you function like a normal person without regard or notice of silent treatments or insults or compliments or any interaction. That's what will heal you and the band dynamics.

And I understand, it's not an easy thing. But that's the real goal. You - not the two of you.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:33 pm

Makes me feel a little better. Still, I think everybody wants closure from someone that was once important in their lives. I don't know if you followed my story from the beginning, but if not, then I can tell you that Addison and I were good friends before any romantic feelings came up. I'll miss her once we graduate, and I really want to just work things out so we can say goodbye amicably.

TayUmSwift wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:51 pm Image
It would be cool if you could contact Taylor Swift and have her write a song about my story.

Wait a minute, I already did that:

EDIT because I started this post before Greg posted his thing, and didn't see his post until after I had already posted.
gbruin wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:17 pm I totally agree with Dan on this one. Don't aim for some comfortable satisfying happy fairy tale closure with her. Figure out how to get a comfortable satisfying happy fairy tale closure with yourself, one that you can look back on in 10 years and be proud of how you acted and how you grew. Believe it or not, she has zero role in that. Don't approach her. Don't try to "make things work". Find your own peace with yourself in your environment, not a peace with her - one that lets you function like a normal person without regard or notice of silent treatments or insults or compliments or any interaction. That's what will heal you and the band dynamics.

And I understand, it's not an easy thing. But that's the real goal. You - not the two of you.
Well, but I'm also thinking about her. In the past year plus, I've observed her more than any other person outside of my family. I watched her change from the sweetest person ever into someone bitter and always complaining why she's not successful. I'm afraid I'm to blame for that. If only she knew that I didn't want to cause her all this trouble, and that I hope she can be happy and successful in the future, I think she would already feel better. That's love, I guess. It's wanting the best for someone else regardless of how you feel.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!