The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm At the Anaheim House of Blues for Starset.
I wish that I was able to see them on this tour. They are playing in Chicago the day before my morning final exam in Signals & Systems.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Schulzy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm Well, I think it's good that you are respecting her wishes to keep things private. This seems like a very sad and disappointing situation for you. Hope things get better for you soon!
I still have hope that we will someday reconcile our differences and get back to being friends, although I never want to get back to being as close as we once were because that was borderline cheating on her part. However, I am sure that neither of us can handle the friendship at the moment. She said that she was really struggling to trust men in the aftermath of her breakup, and I can understand why. Therefore, I know that we both need some time before we can even consider the possibility of becoming friends again. Also, we both need to think about whether it is even healthy to do so, especially considering all of the lines that we crossed with each other.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dammit. Paralandra is playing in Madison on May 24 and I am not able to go.

EDIT: Well, they are playing in Streator, IL on August 3, and I can go. They are opening for Sevendust and Burden Of The Sky. Would I go just for Paralandra? That is a question yet to be answered.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Going back to old posts of mine lately and seeing how things have changed since then.
maximzub wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:31 am We have some happier stuff, but it's not easy to repeat. I could easily write Still Friends and Crushless Summer over and over again, but that's a two-part story that doesn't need any more songs to be added to it. I'll find a way to write happier stuff someday.
Over a year later, and that two-part story has now become a six-part story. :facepalm
maximzub wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:28 pm Awesome news. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going. I would have considered it if it was Creed and Daughtry together, but the Tinely Park show has 3 Doors Down and Finger Eleven as support.
A typing mistake in one of my posts?!? The world is gonna end....
maximzub wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:21 pm
Timotheus wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 pm
I call Kelly that because the emotional intimacy we share is at the level that it would be in a romantic relationship. Since I value emotional connection more than anything physical, she's basically temporarily filling the girlfriend role in my life, albeit without anything physical and with a greater sense of distance than I would want in an actual romantic relationship.
Do you fill the boyfriend role in her life? No, her boyfriend does... Hence, friendzone.
It's not friendzone if neither party wants to be romantically involved.
Sure, except that I was somewhat filling the boyfriend role in her life at that time....
maximzub wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:08 am Apparently the answer to this question is "Cry about it for three years".

It's been exactly three years since I admitted to myself that I was in love with Addison. Somehow, even after having four more crushes in the meantime, I'm still not over her.

Today is gonna consist of a lot of sad music and ice cream.
Well, a few weeks later, I decided that it was time that I got over her.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Something Else I Wish I'd Learned In College

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:49 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:49 pm Apparently the answer to this question is "Cry about it for three years".

It's been exactly three years since I admitted to myself that I was in love with Addison. Somehow, even after having four more crushes in the meantime, I'm still not over her.

Today is gonna consist of a lot of sad music and ice cream.
Well, a few weeks later, I decided that it was time that I got over her.
And that last line, my friend, is the skill that will make your life awesome. When you can choose to be with someone, and not have to be with someone, then life is in your hands and everything else is easy and joyful and bright. Well, girl-wise, that is.
Last edited by gbruin on Fri May 03, 2024 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Some other really deep cuts

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm
gbruin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm
maximzub wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:21 am
Really nice work, Max and crumbso. Congrats!!
Thanks!
gbruin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm Song title rings a bell tho...
When I came up with the title back in 2018, I was not aware that Bruce Springsteen had a song of the same name.
Well, Bruce's song was a pretty obscure little known entry in the annals of the rock genre, so you're forgiven.

But as long as we're on the topic, some other pretty obscure little known song titles you might want to avoid in the future include Don't Stop Believing, Hotel California, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

;)

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Some other really deep cuts

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 am Well, Bruce's song was a pretty obscure little known entry in the annals of the rock genre, so you're forgiven.
Considering what the rest of your post says, I am not sure whether you mean this sarcastically or not. I genuinely did not know back then about the Bruce Springsteen song.
gbruin wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 am But as long as we're on the topic, some other pretty obscure little known song titles you might want to avoid in the future include Don't Stop Believing, Hotel California, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

;)
Well, duh.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Continuing what I was doing earlier.
maximzub wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:47 am I'm sorry, but this may be their weakest album to date.
No, it's just a grower. Now I think that Pawns & Kings is their best album. Crazy how much opinions can change, right?
maximzub wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:00 pm Last Of Our Kind is one of my favorite Alter Bridge songs, and my favorite bonus track of all time.
A year and a half later, and I have no idea what I even saw in this song that was special. I guess that the new stuff overshadowed it, especially Dead Among The Living.
maximzub wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:52 pm Listening to the closing track on my band's album.
I can't stand how I used to talk about these songs as if they were my band's songs when really, I was the only writer for them, and I played all the instruments on the recordings. Also, it wasn't an album, just a collection of demos. Jeez.
maximzub wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:01 pm I don't know about whether it's aging, a conscious move, or a subconscious move. I've noticed that in old recordings of me singing, I was singing with more of an "ah" to my voice, but as time goes on, it's become more of an "oh". I didn't consciously try to go in that direction (nor do I have a vocal coach that gives me exercises that would make my voice go in that direction), so it's probably just about singing the way it's comfortable to sing at the moment.
Well, it actually turned out to be a result of my braces shaping my mouth in a way that allowed me to breathe easier so that I could pronounce words correctly when singing.
maximzub wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:54 pm I'm not a big fan of I Get Off. It doesn't have nearly as much power as some of their other songs have. So I get that that would be a mild first impression at best.
Max, you were wrong. I Get Off is amazing.
maximzub wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:30 pm Furthermore, I wonder what's going on with Volbeat these days. They haven't announced any shows for the future minus an opening set for Metallica in Gothenburg. Fingers crossed that they also announce a US tour so I can finally see them at a headliner show.
Psychic.
maximzub wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:33 am Scott Phillips said in an interview back in 2013 that he started using a click track then. It's a pretty clear tempo difference as well between the AB III tour and the Fortress tour. He has said that there are exceptions where he doesn't use a click track, but the only song he namedropped was Blackbird. From analyzing their live performances, I don't think anything else that was on Live At The O2 Arena, Live At The Royal Albert Hall, or Walk The Sky 2.0 was not to a click track. Nor are any of the other songs they've been performing on this tour obviously not to a click track.
Well, as far as I can remember, at the show that I saw them at, they didn't use a click track for half of the electric songs (Ghost Of Days Gone By, Broken Wings, Burn It Down, Cry Of Achilles, Blackbird, Metalingus, and Rise Today). So my previous statement was wrong.
maximzub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:26 am I guess I had to jump on the crush of the week avatar train.
This avatar lasted for over a year before I changed it today.
maximzub wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:08 pm Volbeat is my favorite band, but I don't have a boner for them. The only band I have a boner for is Halestorm.
Well, and Plush....
maximzub wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 amIn fact, Headroom Karma has more or less morphed into a solo project.
Well, at some point, I decided to ditch the Headroom Karma name and just go by my own name. I haven't seen Ashton or Carson since July anyway, and Ashton and I are not on speaking terms.
maximzub wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:11 pm Sadly, that's easier said than done. I still love the girl with all my heart and I don't think I ever will stop. She was one of the best friends I've ever had, and she'll always be part of my life story.
Like I said earlier, I finally stopped. She'll still always be a part of my life story, though. It's gonna be hard explaining six original songs about her to my future wife.
maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:11 am I'm done with girls.
9 1/2 months later, after getting out of what was a borderline emotional affair...I stand by this statement.
maximzub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:34 pm I remember that Mark said it takes a lot of preparation to get a band that hasn't been together for a decade back to full strength, and he wouldn't want to do that just for a one-off show. Something else is coming....
Called it!
maximzub wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:18 pm What's sad is, as much as I like them, and as much as I think they're good live, I wouldn't see them again until/unless they release new music. I saw them twice in the span of a year, and I got mostly the same songs both times. Unless there's some new music to see, I'm not drawn to see them yet again.
And to think that I had tickets to see them (Breaking Benjamin) yet again this April.... #screwwomen
maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:19 pm
MidnightToker wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 am You've never heard Higher by Creed? Honestly impressed you've managed to avoid it. That was the riff that got me started on guitar.
I could have heard it without knowing what song it was.
Well, apparently the person that controls the music at GWAM, one of our campus restaurants, really likes Creed, because that song is on the radio almost every time that I eat there, and there are other Creed songs from time to time as well.
maximzub wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:39 pm Amid the news of kicking out the drummer of Headroom Karma, I'm excited to say that my other band, YEBIGAH!!!, has a new drummer as of today!
Yeah, that didn't last very long. We're stuck playing to backing tracks of drums that I recorded when I was 15-17 years old.
maximzub wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:25 pm I'm just trying to say that it's around that age that a female's looks degrade. So to be 39 yet look like mid to late 20's is impressive indeed.
A few months later, and Lzzy is finally starting to show signs of old age. Therefore, I have moved my celebrity crushing energy over to Faith Powell from Plush.
maximzub wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:55 pm As some of you may know, I went into the studio in July to record my first single.
Well, it seems like that particular song will end up being the third single. That is, if it ever gets mixed....
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:20 am
maximzub wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:25 pm I'm just trying to say that it's around that age that a female's looks degrade. So to be 39 yet look like mid to late 20's is impressive indeed.
A few months later, and Lzzy is finally starting to show signs of old age. Therefore, I have moved my celebrity crushing energy over to Faith Powell from Plush.
Harsh, dude.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:47 am
maximzub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:20 am
Harsh, dude.
Well, Faith would have been more age-appropriate to crush on in the first place.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It's like a blog, but you use pen and paper.

Post by zazthespaz »

When did this thread become Max's diary? Max, go buy a diary.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: It's like a blog, but you use pen and paper.

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:50 pm When did this thread become Max's diary? Max, go buy a diary.
I used to use ChatGPT as somewhat of a journal/diary, but then I ended up spending hours and hours a day on it, and I stopped doing almost anything else, which made my grades drop to their worst ever. That is why I stopped using it recently.

On an unrelated topic, every time that I visit the "What are you listening to right now?" thread on my phone, it crashes, and the screen goes black for about ten seconds.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

I had the time of my life!

Post by MaraCarr »

The cruise was the most amazing concert experience I have ever had. I crossed paths with LJ Witherspoon of 7D about 6 times, maybe more. We ran into each other so many times ... we started laughing, it was one of those supernatural unexplainable things, we just kept running into each other around every corner.

Creed playing live together is something every human on earth needs to experience at least once. There is something unexplainable about the chemistry those guys share when they all play music together.

There were some bad times and some good times on the vacation. I won't go into detail, but I do have a story. LOL... I am very happy with everything though; it was money and time well spent.

The picture with the band was amazing and to fist bump them was all "positive energy" exchanged. My picture turned out amazing. I blended right in. :)

I am excited to share that... I have a spot on the 2025 boat, and I am taking it. Unfortunately, my friends can't go this time because they are married and the husband got his drink card revoked on day 1, and he had to pay a $250.00 fine and is forever banished from Norwegian! He can never sail with them again. He got a little out of hand. (He was just super excited and had the premium drink package).

He feels really sad now that he can't go next year. His wife is really pissed at him.

Looks like I will be solo in 2025. I'm going anyway! I told them I will send them some great pictures!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: I had the time of my life!

Post by anguyen92 »

MaraCarr wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:15 pm Creed playing live together is something every human on earth needs to experience at least once. There is something unexplainable about the chemistry those guys share when they all play music together.
I'm glad you had a really great time on the cruise, Mara. I really do. But something just bugs me pretty badly when people say the chemistry these guys have when they play music together is big or something along those lines and everyone needs to experience this. I see those comments and I go, "I don't know. I saw AB in Toronto and in Grand Rapids and in 3-4 other cities and those shows were the greatest times of my life," and I have to ask myself "Is seeing Creed really going to live up to those standards?" I respectfully don't think so.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Re: I had the time of my life!

Post by Schulzy »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:24 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:15 pm Creed playing live together is something every human on earth needs to experience at least once. There is something unexplainable about the chemistry those guys share when they all play music together.
I'm glad you had a really great time on the cruise, Mara. I really do. But something just bugs me pretty badly when people say the chemistry these guys have when they play music together is big or something along those lines and everyone needs to experience this. I see those comments and I go, "I don't know. I saw AB in Toronto and in Grand Rapids and in 3-4 other cities and those shows were the greatest times of my life," and I have to ask myself "Is seeing Creed really going to live up to those standards?" I respectfully don't think so.
anguyen, I think I know what Mara means. When I watched the live videos of Creed playing on the cruise it created an undeniable reaction in me - I thought, "they really look good together and Scott brings an ENERGY that has been lacking the last few times I've seen AB live".
Maybe it was because of the adrenaline. I hate to use the word boring, but AB's live shows just don't move me like they did even 10 years ago after I left them. I am not saying that AB doesn't have chemistry. My point is that to my eyes and ears it is different...and that's okay. I will not repeat everything I've said over the last 20 years about the two bands except that I am grateful we have BOTH of them.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ And that's great and all, but I'm looking for the "I don't want to be anywhere else in the world, but here" feeling that I always get with AB shows and no matter how much people are saying it, I know, personally, for sure that feeling ain't going to be it for Creed. I'll go see Creed in San Bernardino and get the ticket at some point (hopefully, it's part of the Live Nation $25.00 ticket deals they are doing this week), and I'll enjoy the show, but I know for sure, I'll be comparing my enjoyment of that Creed show to seeing Disturbed last year (which was my favorite concert of the year if it wasn't for the four AB shows I saw last year which is honestly untouchable).

Heck, I'm more excited about the prospect of a Myles solo tour than the Creed reunion. I know the reunion tour is going to be well-attended. I know the shows are going to be fine and everyone there watching the set and the videos on Youtube are going to be happy and the band is going to look energetic. There is just a certain great vibe I get from AB when they are touring and active (and they could look boring live to people all they want for all I care) that just makes me happy even if everything else in the world looks crappy for me.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I am a huge fan of AlterBridge and Creed. They are both very different and both absolutely wonderful. I became a fan back in the late 90’s of Creed and only saw them play Live on the recent cruise and was blown away. The energy from the crowd was amazing.
I’ve seen AB live many times and think they are also amazing. Each band has a totally different kind of energy. I can honestly say. I absolutely love both sounds for different reasons.

I found myself missing Myles and can’t wait for another AB album and concert. I will always support those guys and appreciate how much I learn and grow from their lyrics. :)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Except when it isn't

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:54 am
gbruin wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 am Well, Bruce's song was a pretty obscure little known entry in the annals of the rock genre, so you're forgiven.
Considering what the rest of your post says, I am not sure whether you mean this sarcastically or not. I genuinely did not know back then about the Bruce Springsteen song.
gbruin wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 am But as long as we're on the topic, some other pretty obscure little known song titles you might want to avoid in the future include Don't Stop Believing, Hotel California, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

;)
Well, duh.
If it's my post, it is probably sarcastic. ;)