The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

It's sounded pretty brutal on how he passed. Apparently, he was snorkeling around the waters when he passed. Sucks, he had left a huge legacy spanning a popular anime series and its spinoffs and an influential trading card game.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

The Road ...

Post by MaraCarr »

And just like that, with a stroke of a pen...I am travelin' again!

But, It's different this time.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Arghhhhh, planning for a trip sucks so badly. I'm thinking about going to LAX instead of John Wayne Airport since the flights look cheaper. Now I have to factor in..... airport parking......... as part of the equation.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, another update since no one has anything they want to say.

Things are starting to look pretty promising for my trip to Chicago on August 12th. The flight/hotel package looks to be $730.00 now. I think I may go with it. Don't think it can be any cheaper with a month to go.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Make a plan. Execute the plan.

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:27 pm All right, another update since no one has anything they want to say.

Things are starting to look pretty promising for my trip to Chicago on August 12th. The flight/hotel package looks to be $730.00 now. I think I may go with it. Don't think it can be any cheaper with a month to go.
You said it if got below $800, you'd do it. It has now. Twice.

Book it and go.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm so close to pulling the trigger. I actually could save $70.00 if I go to LAX, instead, and leave my car there at an airport hotel lot for a few nights, but there's that unpredictability of leaving a car overnight in the LA area that leaves me a little hesitant.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That being said, I still refuse to go to Colorado.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:07 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:31 pm Jumping around the San Francisco area, most of my family lives within an hour and a half of there. Bachelor party will be at Lake Tahoe though and the wedding is in Lemoore (which was the only place named in Top Gun Maverick when students were talking about where they’re from ironically)
If you're in the city or somewhere south of there, pick a pretty sunny day and take the ferry across to Tiburon for a late breakfast and bloody Marys on the deck at Sam's, next door to the ferry depot.

If you're already on the Marin side then just take an uber.

You are welcome.
In case anyone was curious, I did this today! Greg is good for recommendations. Two thumbs up.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I didn't do that when I was in San Francisco. A bit too rich for my budget. Not all of us can make the hard-earned doctor money like Greg does.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: The key is having generous relatives!

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 am I didn't do that when I was in San Francisco. A bit too rich for my budget. Not all of us can make the hard-earned doctor money like Greg does.
... I currently make no money :lol

To be fair, I didn't pay for anything as my uncle did drive us around and my mom paid for the meal, but neither of them are doctors.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Gosh, I'm the worst at this. The package late last night got down to $690.00 and I thought, maybe if I can wait one more day, it can get below $650.00 at this rate. Nope, now it shot itself to $820.00. Well, back to the waiting game I go.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Paralysis by analysis

Post by gbruin »

:facepalm

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The bad timing also continues for me. I've lost like $4.50 playing online poker in the last two days. Could have lost like $10.00, but certain spots bailed me out.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Lobby-WaitingRoom-Queue-Psych!

Post by gbruin »

With the anticipated bump of fans coming over to this thread now that the band has gotten around to floating some teasers and hype, I just wanted to get this out there...

I F***ING HATE YOU TICKETMASTER SO F***ING MUCH!!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I haven't bought anything on Ticketmaster much this year, except for like two shows when Ticketmaster was doing their yearly $25.00 seat deals for the crappy seats in outdoor venues and the likes.

It's been mainly being patient and going bargain binning with Groupon, Stubhub, and Tickpick where I've been getting tickets for shows this year.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, at least, I've locked up the flight to Chicago at $575.00. Expedia was nice enough to offer this Price Match Promise thing where if I pay $14.00 more and the same flight I'm in had its price lower, in the upcoming days, than when I originally purchase it, they will send the difference back to my card. Seems like an ok shot to take at $14.00.

I'm not sweating the hotel rooms much. There's a hotel that I got my eye on and when its price goes under $200.00 for the two nights, I'm taking it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Man, I was staying in Marin County, in San Rafael. I didn’t get any recommendations from Greg :(

Kev, fly out of Long Beach. Much better.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I would consider flying out of Long Beach, but there aren't any flights that would get me to Chicago before 4 PM. I'll stick with flying out of John Wayne Airport. It's a better route to take rather than leave my car at a hotel parking lot near LAX for three nights.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

French is such a stupid-sounding language.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: As if I didn't sleep well before...

Post by zazthespaz »

At the end of the day, I throw my shirt on the floor of my closet and then bring it to the gym the next day to wear out of the gym - that way I don't have to wear my sweat soaked shirt I just wore while working out, but don't have to dirty a clean shirt. Apparently though, sometime during my month away from home, a bunch of red ants set up shop in my closet and climbed in my shirt. I put it on after my workout today and instantly felt the bites all over my body. Pulled the shirt off and started slapping my body (fortunately the only other guy in the locker room was heavily invested in his phone so nobody saw me acting like a madman). Sure enough, had 10+ ants crawling all over my torso and up towards my head, managed to get them before it got too bad, but I definitely have at least 8 welts on my chest and armpits from where they got me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Any more bites and zaz might become Ant Man.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:50 pm At the end of the day, I throw my shirt on the floor of my closet and then bring it to the gym the next day to wear out of the gym - that way I don't have to wear my sweat soaked shirt I just wore while working out, but don't have to dirty a clean shirt. Apparently though, sometime during my month away from home, a bunch of red ants set up shop in my closet and climbed in my shirt. I put it on after my workout today and instantly felt the bites all over my body. Pulled the shirt off and started slapping my body (fortunately the only other guy in the locker room was heavily invested in his phone so nobody saw me acting like a madman). Sure enough, had 10+ ants crawling all over my torso and up towards my head, managed to get them before it got too bad, but I definitely have at least 8 welts on my chest and armpits from where they got me.
Oof, that doesnt sound like fun :lol :/